Anyone going bareback?

elvee68

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
I do have a glass screen protector on and use a case at work, but for everywhere else I'm comfortable going bareback. I prefer it actually. Just some about the way it feels in the hand.
I'm thinking about just slapping on a dbrand skin and calling it a day.
Anyone else feel the same way?

The_Woo

Aug 22, 2020
Visit site
Got it in a case right now. But I'll probably rough ride it with a dbrand skin and spigen glass on the front and back camera. I mean, it's aluminum for goodness sake..lol

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I'll probably just get a thin clear case for mine in the future. I never use any screen protectors on my phones.

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
I did that with my pixel 4 xl and used that setup for about 4 months without damaging it or dropping it at all. Right now I have a glass screen protector on my p5 and have a case, but since I've been home mostly with it I keep the case off. I used to do that with the pixel 4xl and keep the case off unless I went somewhere like around the pool/beach or somewhere that might be risky. I might do this as well for the p5. The dbrand skin work e well for me on the pixel 4xl but man I love the feel of the 5 so much more almost feels like I already have a skin o. It that I don't know if I want to cover it. What to do?
I do have a glass screen protector on and use a case at work, but for everywhere else I'm comfortable going bareback. I prefer it actually. Just some about the way it feels in the hand.
I'm thinking about just slapping on a dbrand skin and calling it a day.
Anyone else feel the same way?

nkennedy1079

Jan 31, 2015
Visit site
I am struggling with this!

I have used Nomad cases for all of my previous pixel devices, I love the look and feel of leather and they offered good protection. But this year, Nomad has decided not to support the Pixel 5. The Bellroy cases feel like they do not offer the same quality or protection as the Nomad cases do. So, right now I have one of the Google OEM cases on it but I am having trouble getting into it.

I really like the idea of using it without a case, but I have a 6 year old who I occasionally let play games on it and he...well...treats it like a 6 year old!

What to do, what to do?

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Here's a problem I have with this, it's surely nice to use the phone naked without the case, however, the second you drop it on cement/concrete / asphalt outside, the gorilla glass five screen could crack. That was my first worry with my Pixel 3 XL!

Mike Lumaro

Nov 5, 2020
Visit site
I do have a case (the exact one in the picture), I'm usually pretty good with maintaining control of my devices, but I still keep a case on. I work with metal chips, and even though not too much gets on my phone, a scratched device is an eye sore that I'd like to avoid. I do take the case off when people ask to look at it, just so they can feel the coating. I will say the fabric case actually makes the phone more slippery.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
see that's the one thing I don't do on my phones and haven't done for years. I don't put a screen protector on my phone I don't feel the need for it. but it just makes me so nervous to go without a case but it looks so much better hahaha it's a double-led sword.

Lpmelt

Nov 5, 2020
Visit site
I just put a Luibor case on my Pixel 5. I like the feel, grip and especially, the fingerprint guide. The raised lip assures I don't put the phone done on glass. It was inexpensive on Amazon.