HDR processing time - 5 vs. 4XL

Mattsg430

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
Just stopped in at best buy and compared processing time on my 4XL vs the 5 and the 5 lags quite a bit behind my 4XL. Maybe it's just because it's a store model but maybe it's because of the weaker 765G vs the 855 conducting post image HDR processing. Other than that I liked the form factor and screen brightness a lot more.

Anyone with the 5 have laggy post image processing times?

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Just stopped in at best buy and compared processing time on my 4XL vs the 5 and the 5 lags quite a bit behind my 4XL. Maybe it's just because it's a store model but maybe it's because of the weaker 765G vs the 855 conducting post image HDR processing. Other than that I liked the form factor and screen brightness a lot more.

Anyone with the 5 have laggy post image processing times?
I have my Pixel 3 XL. I will admit that when I take a lot of pictures at once, my phone sometimes does slow down processing the pictures. So for me, since I ordered the pics of five already, I honestly do not mind slightly slower processing time. I'm so excited to get the bigger battery and all the other awesome features of the Pixel 5. I'm also looking forward to the lack of the neural core for image processing solely because when I take a lot of pictures at once, my Pixel 3 XL's battery dies very very quickly. I'm hoping that by having image processing on the Snapdragon 765G chip itself versus a standalone image processing chip, that will also save a lot of battery. Sounds like it will.

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Yeah image processing on the Pixel 5 is a couple of seconds slower than your Pixel 4, likely due to no dedicated neural core and just being a slower processor overall.

It won't process images as fast as your Pixel 4. Which is annoying as when I take a photo on the 5, I immediately want to see how it turned out so I have to wait wait wait for it to process.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Yeah image processing on the Pixel 5 is a couple of seconds slower than your Pixel 4, likely due to no dedicated neural core and just being a slower processor overall.

It won't process images as fast as your Pixel 4. Which is annoying as when I take a photo on the 5, I immediately want to see how it turned out so I have to wait wait wait for it to process.
Well yes, I can surely understand that. However, on my Pixel 3 XL with a neural core Chip inside of it, when I rapid fire taking shots of my niece and nephew, The image processing still slows down on my phone still slows down to be honest with you. So at the end of the day, I don't mind waiting a few seconds for an image to process. I'm doing it already now. Lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech