Browser preference

hyperterminal

Nov 17, 2020
Visit site
Ffs people don't change browsers every year and when they do, they stick to a browser and not have 'favorites', it doesn't make any sense to use multiple browsers, they use a browser or they don't but "favourite browsers" aren't a thing and a normal person wouldn't necessarily change browsers on a per year basis.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Yes coming right, most people do not change your browsers that often at all. I myself use chrome on my laptop / desktop all the time. However, on the phone, it's a resource hog. Especially on my new phone when I set it up, I don't want to resource intensive browser that I use all the time. And why your folks focus seems very nice. Not as resource intensive, and it seems a lot faster. As far as data and bookmarks syncing within chrome, I'll just have to deal with it. Haha

SvenJ

May 21, 2016
Visit site
Doesn't make a hill of beans difference to me. Used Google on my Pixels, Edge on my Windows PC, Safari on my iThings. I have others loaded various places, but generally just use what is default for the platform. For what I do, look up stuff, it's six of one half dozen of the other, which seems better for any particular search. I have certain sites favorited/bookmarked in each, so doesn't much matter which one I open. When I rent a car, I don't care if it is a Ford, Chevy, Toyota or Kia either. Browsers, cars, they all seem to get the job done IMHO.

Little_Neo

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
1. Vivaldi all the way. Only on iOS do I primarily use something else because Vivaldi hasn't released an iOS version yet.
2. Brave on iOS and my 2nd primary suggestion to people. I hate its UI though.
3. Firefox is still great overall and uses a different engine which is good for some cases.
Chrome and Edge track you WAY too much anymore. It's creepy and invasive. Vivaldi is the most customizable browser while being super fast and stable.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
1. Vivaldi all the way. Only on iOS do I primarily use something else because Vivaldi hasn't released an iOS version yet.
2. Brave on iOS and my 2nd primary suggestion to people. I hate its UI though.
3. Firefox is still great overall and uses a different engine which is good for some cases.
Chrome and Edge track you WAY too much anymore. It's creepy and invasive. Vivaldi is the most customizable browser while being super fast and stable.
Haha, yeah,, I will agree with you on that. Firefox focus seems much more lightweight than chrome is. And loads pages faster.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Opera touch, I love it's interface and integration with my PC browser
Have you noticed if opera touch is light on resources AKA battery / RAM management? I'm starting out to use Firefox focus right now, but definitely open to other options. Thank you for your input really appreciate it!

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
BTW Chrome v87 coming out is for addressing the issues so many are complaining on...
Chrome version 87 addresses RAM management and battery issue complaints? I mean I heard of chrome updates from Google, but I know exactly what it address. Hahaha

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I generally always use chrome, don’t notice any battery drain with it. I’ve tried many others and chrome seems the smoothest and most intuitive.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Mhmm got you got you. Right now I'm using Firefox focus for the time being until I guess chrome updates itself to version 87.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Mhmm interesting, chrome does use more ram for sure unfortunately... Dolphin browser doesn't always render a webpage correctly though however... Update : if you have dolphin browser in dark mode, everything's black there's no color contrast to web page subtitles. Which makes reading things out of web page impossible. You have to switch off dark mode unfortunately.

Screenshot_20210116-142405.jpgScreenshot_20210116-142358.jpg

Ranjen617

Jan 21, 2017
Visit site
I use Google but Samsung and Edge are getting more use lately. I'll go to Edge more-or-less. Now for private browsing, I'm a Tor kinda person here.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty