Browser preference

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
So I'm forcing myself to try it out opera mini on my phone right before I upgrade to my Pixel 5. Due to tons of RAM consumption and battery consumption basically lol. Which browser is everyone using on their phones? Thanks in advance for any help!

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
For me personally I stick with Chrome. All my stuff syncs between my phone and my Chromebook, and laptop the few times a month I turn it on.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Wow Opera mini that brings memories... Chrome all the way.. And Safari
For me personally I stick with Chrome. All my stuff syncs between my phone and my Chromebook, and laptop the few times a month I turn it on.
Haha yeah tell me about it. I honestly haven't tried opera mini in years myself. I went into my memory usage developer settings, and it was the second highest application on my phone which you use memory. That and the operating system itself. I mean yes, do I have auto fill enabled in chrome for all my websites and logins of course just like you do. But I was curious as to what everyone else is using for browsers. I will say that does render a website way faster than chrome does.

haha well update, went back to chrome for now. I'll have to see how it performs on the new phone. I just didn't like the high RAM usage...

Last edited:

bkdodger2

Jun 3, 2020
Visit site
Haha yeah tell me about it. I honestly haven't tried opera mini in years myself. I went into my memory usage developer settings, and it was the second highest application on my phone which you use memory. That and the operating system itself. I mean yes, do I have auto fill enabled in chrome for all my websites and logins of course just like you do. But I was curious as to what everyone else is using for browsers. I will say that does render a website way faster than chrome does.

haha well update, went back to chrome for now. I'll have to see how it performs on the new phone. I just didn't like the high RAM usage...
Haha stop worrying about it.. Just use your phone .... You getting a new phone with more RAM...

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Haha stop worrying about it.. Just use your phone .... You getting a new phone with more RAM...
Haha hell yeah dude thank God! yeah, I worry about every little thing as you can tell, must force myself not to as much. All of my data and preferences and settings are within the Google ecosystem as you can tell like yours is!

bkdodger2

Jun 3, 2020
Visit site
Haha hell yeah dude thank God! yeah, I worry about every little thing as you can tell, must force myself not to as much. All of my data and preferences and settings are within the Google ecosystem as you can tell like yours is!
Exactly all tied in brother.. We married to the mob already just go with the flow... I like all my stuff to sync across every device both sides of the platform.. I pick up my iPad boom.. On computer.. Phones... Everything nice and simple.. Pick up where I left off... If I'm going to shop it's waiting for me lol...

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Exactly all tied in brother.. We married to the mob already just go with the flow... I like all my stuff to sync across every device both sides of the platform.. I pick up my iPad boom.. On computer.. Phones... Everything nice and simple.. Pick up where I left off... If I'm going to shop it's waiting for me lol...
hahaha hell yeah dude! Sometimes I forget that... But yeah an ecosystem of everything syncing is a beautiful beautiful geeky thing!

kct1975

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Personally I use Google Chrome as my main browser. I, however, use the Samsung Browser and Lighting Browser occasionally.

On rare occasions I use the Edge browser.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Got your cash I need a new one to pick so five it's got double a matter of RAM... I was just noticing how much lighter to use opera mini as a browser is. But I have everything synced to chrome so that's whatever. Thanks for the suggestion.

cknobman

May 15, 2018
Visit site
Edge, same engine as Chrome without being such a resource hog.
Dont trust google either.
I had to turn Chrome back on for an app that required Chrome for authentication. I forgot to disable it again when I was done.
The next few days my battery was draining quicker than normal. Upon inspection it was good ole Chrome sucking down battery in the background.
Disabled it again and things went back to normal.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Edge, same engine as Chrome without being such a resource hog.
Dont trust google either.
I had to turn Chrome back on for an app that required Chrome for authentication. I forgot to disable it again when I was done.
The next few days my battery was draining quicker than normal. Upon inspection it was good ole Chrome sucking down battery in the background.
Disabled it again and things went back to normal.
Wow, got you got you. I might have to try edge. I mean I was trying a kiwi browser. Have you ever tried that before? The problem that I'm running into is that all my passwords and data are synced to chrome of course.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Wow, got you got you. I might have to try edge. I mean I was trying a kiwi browser. Have you ever tried that before? The problem that I'm running into is that all my passwords and data are synced to chrome of course.

I use chrome for business/banking/purchases because I trust the security and like the syncing between devices. For general surfing and entertainment I use Brave Browser or Adblock Browser, because the ads and cookies sites load into a regular browser like chrome destroy the internet experience and slow the browser to a crawl... plus suck your battery dry stupid fast. Brave and Adblock stop all of that and actually make surfing enjoyable again :D

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I use chrome for business/banking/purchases because I trust the security and like the syncing between devices. For general surfing and entertainment I use Brave Browser or Adblock Browser, because the ads and cookies sites load into a regular browser like chrome destroy the internet experience and slow the browser to a crawl... plus suck your battery dry stupid fast. Brave and Adblock stop all of that and actually make surfing enjoyable again :D
Oh yeah I admit that completely! I'll have to try brave browser thanks for the suggestion dude! I know exactly what you're talking about though.

SupraLB

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
Have you ever tried Firefox focus? Has the same ad blocker.

No, I haven't. I've read that Firefox Focus really isn't good for your main browser because it erases everything each time for privacy, like history and bookmarks. I'm not an expert on it though. I still need a browser that remembers me on some websites to avoid constant logging in, but still blocks ads effectively.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
No, I haven't. I've read that Firefox Focus really isn't good for your main browser because it erases everything each time for privacy, like history and bookmarks. I'm not an expert on it though. I still need a browser that remembers me on some websites to avoid constant logging in, but still blocks ads effectively.
Yeah I know exactly what you mean. That's my real concern with Firefox focus as well. I mean I would love to try kiwi browser, but none of my passwords will work with it, and Gboard save passwords won't work with it either for some reason.