Disable quick settings drop down?

bcfour

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
I love this phone but I'm having any annoying issue that I never had with my 3XL:

When I'm using the phone, my head or ear keeps triggering the drop-down and turning off bluetooth, location, rotation, wifi . . . You get the point. I haven't figured out how to avoid it when I'm on a call.

Anybody else having this issue? Any solution or can I potentially disable quick settings??

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
I love this phone but I'm having any annoying issue that I never had with my 3XL:

When I'm using the phone, my head or ear keeps triggering the drop-down and turning off bluetooth, location, rotation, wifi . . . You get the point. I haven't figured out how to avoid it when I'm on a call.

Anybody else having this issue? Any solution or can I potentially disable quick settings??
Lol that's sucks. I literally have 0 issues with that when I'm on a call. Even if I'm on a call wearing a hoody cap bc it's cold out now even then nothing. But I'd my ear "my skin" touches it nothing because the sensors detect something covering it and it shuts off the display so features get disabled. I'm assuming your display might not be going dark therefore your ear or something is triggering it.

No issues here for me so far..

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
So when on phone call it doesn't turn the screen off ?

Make sure no case or screen protector is interfering? Try safe mode also.

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
So when on phone call it doesn't turn the screen off ?

Make sure no case or screen protector is interfering? Try safe mode also.
I'm using a case and a full screen protector that only has a small punch hole for the front facing camera and no issues for me.

ccps

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
I actually posted the same issue with my 3xl and now it's happening on the 5. My screen is off but something in the way I hold it I guess causes the pull down to activate. You can do what I did and edit the pull down so that you don't enable or disable by accident things like data or blue tooth by those items not being present on the first screen.

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
It sounds like you enabled the same Setting in both phones that would make the Proximity Sensor not turn the screen off when you are in an active call. There is a Setting to do that

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That happens occasionally on my 3 XL as well, and I'm not sure what leads to it. I think it may be if I briefly take the phone away from my ear just a little bit, which allows the screen to come on.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I'm using a case and a full screen protector that only has a small punch hole for the front facing camera and no issues for me.
Gotcha , same here with glass protector full coverage not having issues, but some those out there can.

elvee68

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
My Wife has the same issue with every phone she has had. I keep telling her it is the way she holds it to her ear and so the sensor doesn't kick in like it should.

bcfour

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
Update -- it was the phone. I spent about an hour on the phone with Google and they sent me to Verizon. Verizon tech ultimately agreed that it was a defective phone and replaced it with a new phone despite the fact that I was outside the 14-day window. I admit that I had to insist on not receiving a refurbished model because that was their first recommendation. I now have a new phone in my hands and it's working fine.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Update -- it was the phone. I spent about an hour on the phone with Google and they sent me to Verizon. Verizon tech ultimately agreed that it was a defective phone and replaced it with a new phone despite the fact that I was outside the 14-day window. I admit that I had to insist on not receiving a refurbished model because that was their first recommendation. I now have a new phone in my hands and it's working fine.
Oh wow , glad they took care of it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith