Dark mode versus light mode

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I have dark mode set for everything in Developer Mode.
yep yep, myself as well. The only thing about light mode is that maybe it's just me but when you pull down the notification shade for your quick settings toggles, the top of the box looks a little bit nicer in light node than it does in dark mode. Some apps do look better in light mode versus dark mode. Maybe it's just me though. Lol...

Smokeaire01

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
yep yep, myself as well. The only thing about light mode is that maybe it's just me but when you pull down the notification shade for your quick settings toggles, the top of the box looks a little bit nicer in light node than it does in dark mode. Some apps do look better in light mode versus dark mode. Maybe it's just me though. Lol...
Any battery savings is preferred over minor visual preferences in my book.

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
I tend to lean more towards dark mode but sometimes I'll switch to light mode to switch the look up a bit. Also, depends on the wallpaper I use. I tend to use dark mode probably like 85% of the time and the other 25% light mode.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I tend to lean more towards dark mode but sometimes I'll switch to light mode to switch the look up a bit. Also, depends on the wallpaper I use. I tend to use dark mode probably like 85% of the time and the other 25% light mode.
Yup yup gotcha dude. Yeah most of the time I use dark mode myself. Does look better on the eyes. That's for sure.

The_Woo

Aug 22, 2020
Visit site
When you force it on developer options, does it force for every app and browser? What's the difference with this and on settings?

TIA

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
When you force it on developer options, does it force for every app and browser? What's the difference with this and on settings?

TIA
Okay, so good question. If you turn on just regular dark mode, then if you have a particular app that doesn't support dark mode theme on your phone, it will be in the regular light mode. If you're going to developer settings and force override dark mode, then even those unsupported apps on your phone will be forced into some type of dark mode. The catch is that if they're not supported by the dark mode theme, then not all the text or design elements of that app will look good in dark mode. But oh well.

The_Woo

Aug 22, 2020
Visit site
Okay, so good question. If you turn on just regular dark mode, then if you have a particular app that doesn't support dark mode theme on your phone, it will be in the regular light mode. If you're going to developer settings and force override dark mode, then even those unsupported apps on your phone will be forced into some type of dark mode. The catch is that if they're not supported by the dark mode theme, then not all the text or design elements of that app will look good in dark mode. But oh well.
Right on!

I'll try it out. If I don't like it, I'll just change it back