I bought the Pixel Stand for my new Pixel 5. Really like the charger and what it can do with Google Assistant. What I didn't like was Googles price. I found it on sale from Best Buy, on Ebay, for 39 bucks with free shipping. That price seemed to be more reasonable in my book, and what I thought the charging stand was actually worth. Did any one else snag one?
    xzell likes this.
    12-24-2020 02:10 PM
    I bought the Pixel Stand for my new Pixel 5. Really like the charger and what it can do with Google Assistant. What I didn't like was Googles price. I found it on sale from Best Buy, on Ebay, for 39 bucks with free shipping. That price seemed to be more reasonable in my book, and what I thought the charging stand was actually worth. Did any one else snag one?
    I got one with my 3xl and still using it with my 5. I love it. Get it if you can.
    beantownsouth likes this.
    12-24-2020 02:12 PM
    I'm still using 2 pixel stands since I originally bought rh pixel 3 xl and also used it with my pixel 4 xl and now with the pixel 5. Honestly I can't see me using worked charges anymore. I keep one on my night stand and love how it acts as a cool clock at night and also have one on my desk where I work.

One thing I read though is that the pixel 5 supports slightly quicker charging than the pixel stand supports which was the max a pixel 3 and 4 could handle but on the 5 it can wirelessly charge at a bit higher voltage. I don't remember th exact #'s off the top of my head but if I was to get a third party certified and supported wireless charging which supports more voltage it would increase the rate the phone charges at but I can't justify upgrading since I own 2 pixel stands and i really like what they do as far as photo displays night time clock etc.
    12-24-2020 02:15 PM
    I bought one about a year ago, but then returned it because the Picture Frame feature would never come back if I interrupted it. Did they ever fix that?
    12-24-2020 02:16 PM
    I bought one about a year ago, but then returned it because the Picture Frame feature would never come back if I interrupted it. Did they ever fix that?
    I had 2 pixel stands since launch and never ver did that happen to me. I used them with a pixel 3 xl, 4 xl and now the 5 and never experienced that.
    12-24-2020 02:24 PM
    Hmm, maybe I can try again. I have a 3 XL, and I tried all manner of solutions at the time. I still have a copy of what I sent to them:

"I just got my Stand from Best Buy and am having a well-known problem with Photo Frame. It starts fine when I first place the phone on the stand, but once I interrupt the Photo Frame (e.g., simply by tapping the screen to bring up the ambient display), it never restarts -- until I physically take the phone off the Stand and put it back on again.

Screen Saver is turned off, no QR reader apps installed, Ambient Display is on. Tried turning off any Trusted anything from Smart Lock that might interfere (and also tried turning off Smart Lock altogether in Trust Agents), but that didn't help. In case it was a 3rd party launcher issue, I changed from Nova back to Pixel Launcher, with no effect. Forgot the Stand and set it back up again -- no effect. Tried clearing the Google app cache -- nothing. It also persists in Safe Mode. I'd rather not factory reset just for this.

I spoke to Google Support by phone, and the agent couldn't offer anything further besides filing a bug report."
    12-24-2020 02:29 PM
    My Pixel 5 charges real fast. Well to me it does. Any way, I can be a 65% and it only takes an hour to charge. I have yet to see it use adaptive charging. I need to research the adaptive charging with the stand. I actually don't know if it will charge that way or not.

Added on edit: It is supposed to adaptive charge on the stand, as long as an alarm is set. I'll try it tonight to make sure it is doing just that. For 39 bucks it was a great deal!
    12-24-2020 03:02 PM
    I have two stands and while I like them, neither works regularly to turn on my clock. Sometimes it works, sometimes it's just the basic charging screen. No rhyme or reason to it. Don't get me wrong, it functions perfectly as a charger and does a great job with the adaptive charging, but the other features are still hit and miss for me.
    12-24-2020 05:17 PM
    Based on the positive reviews posted here, I picked up a Pixel Stand at Best Buy this evening -- on sale for $39.99 (which is about the same price as Amazon and the Google Store are currently offering). I'll look forward to trying it out after acting surprised when I open it tomorrow morning.
    12-24-2020 06:27 PM
    CONFIRMED. Adaptive charging does work on the Pixel stand. With my Pixel 5 and an alarm set, the stand charged the phone with adaptive charging. If you don't have an alarm set, it will quick charge the phone. Not that it's ultra quick, but you know what I mean.
    12-25-2020 07:50 AM
    Does anyone get the updates icon on the bottom of the screen when using the P5 with pixel stand? I see it in all the youtube reviews, however those reviews are from before the P5 was released.
    12-25-2020 04:42 PM
    I was going to take the plunge and buy the pixel stand for $40 on discount from Google. The only problem is, I still can't justify it for myself even at that price considering most other wireless chargers online are $10-$15 cheaper still. Unfortunately, it just doesn't make sense to me still. Besides, I already have a Google Home Mini at home. I don't really need to turn my phone into an actual Google Home now. It's a nice idea, but still not worth the price tag to me still. arg..
    12-26-2020 09:09 AM
    I was going to take the plunge and buy the pixel stand for $40 on discount from Google. The only problem is, I still can't justify it for myself even at that price considering most other wireless chargers online are $10-$15 cheaper still. Unfortunately, it just doesn't make sense to me still. Besides, I already have a Google Home Mini at home. I don't really need to turn my phone into an actual Google Home now. It's a nice idea, but still not worth the price tag to me still. arg..
    Honest questions for you. Does the 10-15 dollar cheaper wireless charger, charge the Pixel 5 in adaptive mode? Is it angled like the Pixel stand? Can it charge the phone in landscape and or portrait mode? Can you use it as a photo frame? I don't use that feature BTW. Is your Home Mini on your night stand? Can it put the Pixel 5 in DND mode when charging?

Please don't take my questions as being a smart ***, I'm not, they are honest questions as I don't know what a cheaper wireless charger is capable of with a Pixel 5. Don't get me wrong, I stated in my original post I think the Pixel Stand is way over priced at it's normal retail price. With the other things the stand can do, I felt it more reasonably priced at 39 bucks. I do have my old wireless charger from my Windows Icon. It doesn't charge the Pixel 5 worth a damn.
    12-26-2020 01:35 PM
    I bought myself one as a Christmas stocking-stuffer and have only had the opportunity to use it for one overnight charge; but I'm delighted with it so far. From my perspective, it's well worth the $40 just for the convenience of being able to rid myself of any concern about the need to recharge my phone throughout the day and the attendant hassle of messing with cords. To the extent that I may use the other functions going forward, I'll regard them as a bonus.
    12-26-2020 03:26 PM
    Honest questions for you. Does the 10-15 dollar cheaper wireless charger, charge the Pixel 5 in adaptive mode? Is it angled like the Pixel stand? Can it charge the phone in landscape and or portrait mode? Can you use it as a photo frame? I don't use that feature BTW. Is your Home Mini on your night stand? Can it put the Pixel 5 in DND mode when charging?

Please don't take my questions as being a smart ***, I'm not, they are honest questions as I don't know what a cheaper wireless charger is capable of with a Pixel 5. Don't get me wrong, I stated in my original post I think the Pixel Stand is way over priced at it's normal retail price. With the other things the stand can do, I felt it more reasonably priced at 39 bucks. I do have my old wireless charger from my Windows Icon. It doesn't charge the Pixel 5 worth a damn.
    From what I understand, adaptive charging is controlled by the phone. You set a wake up alarm and the phone decides when, and how much, charging current it wants. And people sometimes just want a charger just to charge. Don't care for the additional features you get from the pixel stand.

Just about any decent stand will charge in portrait and landscape. Agreed that the Pixel stand is way overpriced at list price. I guess it's worth the few extra dollars now for those that like the additional functions available now, when it's on sale.
    12-27-2020 08:19 AM
    From what I understand, adaptive charging is controlled by the phone. You set a wake up alarm and the phone decides when, and how much, charging current it wants. And people sometimes just want a charger just to charge. Don't care for the additional features you get from the pixel stand.

Just about any decent stand will charge in portrait and landscape. Agreed that the Pixel stand is way overpriced at list price. I guess it's worth the few extra dollars now for those that like the additional functions available now, when it's on sale.
    A Pixel charging stand isn't necessary for Adaptive Charging. Like you pointed out it is controlled by the phone itself.
    12-27-2020 10:49 AM
    I picked up 2 of the Pixel wireless charging stand when they were on sale. One is on my night stand and the other in my office. They work great, I love em! It does support adaptive charging and I like how you can customize the actions when you put it on the stand, like automatically go into DND, etc. It also support smart home devices control from the lock screen. I can just tap the screen and choose from my preselected devices (like my lamps/lights) to turn then on or off. It does charge very fast, and does support adaptive charging. The only time I've plugged in my phone to the USB-C port was when I first got it, to do the data transfer and that was over a month ago. The rest of the time it's always been charged on the Pixel Stand. Well worth it! Funny enough though, I don't use the second one in my office because I haven't needed to--the battery in the P5 is a beast!
    12-28-2020 10:46 AM
    I also have two stands. One on my nightstand and one on my desk. I use them to charge my pixel 5 and pixel buds all the time. I used to charge my pixel 3. They were originally supposed to say charging rapidly when you placed a pixel on them. It never did with my pixel 3. I even contacted support and they said HUH that's strange it's supposed to say that.

When streaming on the stand, most of the time I get the media player controls and not the picture frame. I find that if I pause the stream eventually the picture frame will start and I can start streaming again using the ear bud controls without stopping the picture frame.

I have at times a hard time aligning the phone. Sometimes the phone starts charging right away and other times I get a message that say to realign the phone. I have seen that issue with both the 5 and the 3. Sometimes at night I see the charging time will say 15 hours to recharge from 70% and when I realign the phone, it will say 48 minutes.

I have the screen go blank when it is charging on the night nightstand, but a few times I noticed the screen on and a yellow LED on the stand. To clear the yellow LED, I have to unplug it and plug it back in. These are supposed to be connected devices, but there are times it will change and not be connected. A few times I have been prompted to set up the stand when it has been set up already.

I with the bottom edge would hold the phone in place better. When you are using a case, there are times it will just not sit properly and will slide off.
    12-28-2020 11:58 AM
    I picked up 2 of the Pixel wireless charging stand when they were on sale. One is on my night stand and the other in my office. They work great, I love em! It does support adaptive charging and I like how you can customize the actions when you put it on the stand, like automatically go into DND, etc. It also support smart home devices control from the lock screen. I can just tap the screen and choose from my preselected devices (like my lamps/lights) to turn then on or off. It does charge very fast, and does support adaptive charging. The only time I've plugged in my phone to the USB-C port was when I first got it, to do the data transfer and that was over a month ago. The rest of the time it's always been charged on the Pixel Stand. Well worth it! Funny enough though, I don't use the second one in my office because I haven't needed to--the battery in the P5 is a beast!
    Just to briefly update my experience, I used my Pixel Stand for the first time on Christmas night, which was Friday. I took my P5 off the stand early Saturday morning, at which point the device was 100% charged. This morning, two full days later, the P5 was still showing 48% charged, so I have no doubt it would have made it through a third day with juice to spare. Granted, I'm not a "power user" by any standard; but even for the moderately light to ordinary use I make of the device, that's some impressive battery performance.
    12-28-2020 12:57 PM
    I also have two stands. One on my nightstand and one on my desk. I use them to charge my pixel 5 and pixel buds all the time. I used to charge my pixel 3. They were originally supposed to say charging rapidly when you placed a pixel on them. It never did with my pixel 3. I even contacted support and they said HUH that's strange it's supposed to say that.

When streaming on the stand, most of the time I get the media player controls and not the picture frame. I find that if I pause the stream eventually the picture frame will start and I can start streaming again using the ear bud controls without stopping the picture frame.

I have at times a hard time aligning the phone. Sometimes the phone starts charging right away and other times I get a message that say to realign the phone. I have seen that issue with both the 5 and the 3. Sometimes at night I see the charging time will say 15 hours to recharge from 70% and when I realign the phone, it will say 48 minutes.

I have the screen go blank when it is charging on the night nightstand, but a few times I noticed the screen on and a yellow LED on the stand. To clear the yellow LED, I have to unplug it and plug it back in. These are supposed to be connected devices, but there are times it will change and not be connected. A few times I have been prompted to set up the stand when it has been set up already.

I with the bottom edge would hold the phone in place better. When you are using a case, there are times it will just not sit properly and will slide off.
    Yeah, I have that same problem with the phone not aligning correctly on the stand when I have the case on the phone, and I'm using Google oem case! You'd think they would have tested this before releasing their case and stand! It's no problem with the case off, but with the case on, I have to carefully set the phone on the stand so it doesn't tilt left or right and go out of charging alignment. The bottom recessed lip of the case needs to either be a little wider or narrower (or the stand's bottom lip needs to be narrower or wider) because right now it sits with the left and right edge just barely sitting on the stand and if you bump it, it falls off the stand's lip and tilts. WTF Google?

Like you, I've also noticed the charge time vary wildly based on how well it's aligned on the stand.

Hey how do you charge your Buds with the Pixel stand? I got it to work if I lay the stand flat and set the Buds in the middle, but it won't work when the stand is upright.
    12-29-2020 11:44 AM
    Turn the pixel buds upside down and the pixel stand will be able to charge them.
    12-29-2020 10:48 PM
    Eric the Duke is right. Just put them on the stand upside down . They charge better than the pixel phone.
    12-30-2020 04:10 PM