Auto Brightness too Aggressive with Dimming

KrisYYC

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Hey All,

So far I've been enjoying my Pixel 5, but one issue that plagues both mine and my girlfriend's P5 is the auto dimming goes waaay too dark.

Anybody else notice this?

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Hey All,

So far I've been enjoying my Pixel 5, but one issue that plagues both mine and my girlfriend's P5 is the auto dimming goes waaay too dark.

No issues here but if you are running into that all you have to do is manually bring down the notifications shader by swiping down twice and slide the brightness shader to your desire brightness. The pixel 5 has adaptive brightness and by doing that but learns how bright you like to have the screen so the next time it encounters that same light situation it knows how dim you like it.

sam00

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
Yes yes totally agree especially the lock screen notifications the screen is way too dark. I keep adjusting the auto brightness and makes no difference. If you turn off adaptive brightness then problem goes away however defeats the purpose as you have to keep adjusting brightness to suit your environment.

KrisYYC

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
No issues here but if you are running into that all you have to do is manually bring down the notifications shader by swiping down twice and slide the brightness shader to your desire brightness. The pixel 5 has adaptive brightness and by doing that but learns how bright you like to have the screen so the next time it encounters that same light situation it knows how dim you like it.

I've been doing that since I got the phone and it's still too aggressive on the dimming. I don't think it's learning, or at least it's taking longer than I expected.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Hey All,

My pixel 1 does the exact same thing. I've read of all the pixel lines having that issue. It seems to be an Android thing.

aecgda

Nov 15, 2015
Visit site
Mine does it from time to time. I retrained it etc. Only real flaw in the phone for me. Be good if a future update fixed it.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech