Nova on the pixel.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I had issues with Samsung on andriod 10 UI2.5 , since andriod 11 UI 3.0 it's been flawless.

As for Google pixels , never had issues past the first fix in andriod 10

Haven't tried my 1+7p

Nodnerb

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Well since this thread is now front page news("Chatting with the AC forums" article on the main AC blog) I should update. I haven't made any progress but it is strange. Sometimes I will go to the homescreen repeatedly from different apps and the homepage doesn't refresh at all. Later in the day it will refresh every time I go to the homescreen. So strange.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Well since this thread is now front page news("Chatting with the AC forums" article on the main AC blog) I should update. I haven't made any progress but it is strange. Sometimes I will go to the homescreen repeatedly from different apps and the homepage doesn't refresh at all. Later in the day it will refresh every time I go to the homescreen. So strange.
Definitely something going on , have you tried restarting the launcher?

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Which Nova version are you running? Have you set any kind of battery optimisation for Nova? First go to Nova settings - advanced - restart Nova launcher.

Nodnerb

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Nova 6.2.18
Ok, so I went into app optimization and there she was. Nova and nova prime were being optimized. Still learning stock android again after being on samsung phones for 5 years or more.
Is there more than one place that apps can be optimized? I swear I had checked before to make sure everything I want not optimized was set and nova was one of them.

Thanks for the replies! Will see if I ever see it refresh again.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Nova 6.2.18
Ok, so I went into app optimization and there she was. Nova and nova prime were being optimized. Still learning stock android again after being on samsung phones for 5 years or more.
Is there more than one place that apps can be optimized? I swear I had checked before to make sure everything I want not optimized was set and nova was one of them.

Yeah thats one I'm on also

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Nova 6.2.18

It's possible that was the problem. Tell us how it goes.

Nodnerb

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Dammit, it just did it closing messages. All I see is my wallpaper for at least a second before everything appears. I know it's not the end of the world, it is just so noticeable when it happens *sometimes*. If it happened all the time I'd probably stick with stock launcher. That was my original plan but I didn't know though when I bought a pixel that there were homescreen widgets that you couldn't remove.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
It's not Android 11. I use Nova Prime on my OnePlus 8T running Android 11 and have no issues/delays/lag.
OnePlus is one of the brands where the home animation works better. Still you can see the difference if you switch to the stock launcher or use navigation buttons.

Last edited:

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Dammit, it just did it closing messages. All I see is my wallpaper for at least a second before everything appears. I know it's not the end of the world, it is just so noticeable when it happens *sometimes*. If it happened all the time I'd probably stick with stock launcher. That was my original plan but I didn't know though when I bought a pixel that there were homescreen widgets that you couldn't remove.
You could try the new Nova7 Beta, animations have improved and the latest version includes some improvements specific for Pixels. It's not available in the Play Store yet and you can download it from Nova server on Discord.

https://discord.gg/novalauncher

The latest version is the 7.0.12. Some small bugs are expected, but I've been running Nova 7 since the 7.0.6 version and it's running great. Worth a try.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
You could try the new Nova7 Beta, animations have improved and the latest version includes some improvements specific for Pixels. It's not available in the Play Store yet and you can download it from Nova server on Discord.

https://discord.gg/novalauncher

The latest version is the 7.0.12. Some small bugs are expected, but I've been running Nova 7 since the 7.0.6 version and it's running great. Worth a try.
Working great on my Note 20

Chex313

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I do not have this at all. I have 3 animation settings at .5 , and am on Nova Beta. I do not have 90 Hz forced. Using gestures. When I swipe up to get rid of an app , it shrinks instantly and the screen shows immediately as the app disappears.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12