(Opinion) Would you consider the Pixel 5 a downgrade from Note 10+?

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
In my opinion, a Pixel 5 would not be a downgrade. I am partial to Pixel phones because they just *work* for me and work well; however, I'm using an S10 now. It's hard to say definitively that the Pixel 5 wins out over the Note 10 line, because it's such a subjective choice. I'm saying it's the Pixel based on my own usage. But everyone's needs and preferences will vary.

Even spec-wise, I think the Pixel 5 is better. But even then, some may prioritize different things. Nothing is really black and white when it comes to smartphones.

I agree! I'm also a Googler/huge Pixel user.. I upgraded from my older 3 XL. Battery life is absolutely fantastic. There will always be something to say a bout the Google Pixel experience, that's for sure! The 8 gigs of RAM, 90 Hz refresh rate, and 4,080 mAh battery is a beastly combination! Everything just works... The software is soo buttery smooth, and , in my opinion, the sound quality vis excellent! The phone is also very one-handleable and pocketable which I really wanted to have. For me, there's no need to have a 6.4" or bigger screen because, for YouTube or any other media consumption, I just watch ion my Roku TV at home. The symmetrical bezel-less display is incredible smooth and beautiful looking, and it's got the famous Pixel camera s/w so you can't beat that!

delta7

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
No because they aren't in the same class, Pixel isn't supposed to be a note and doesn't have the Pen or the screen estate.

Pixel is a different phone, specially PHONE first, communication device, quick pull out and put back in..

Note isn't built to do that, it's built to CONSUME... big difference.

The older I get the more valuable time has become so I'll get the pixel over most phones unless I have a specific need and a certain phone matches that need but if that's not the case PIXEL 5 all day.

I still feel the pixel 5 is absolutely perfect.

blackhawksfan75

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
Oh I get it, they are two different experiences. If I were to pose the question, would the Pixel 5 be considered a downgrade from the S20 or even the S10 for that matter? Then it would be the typical roll your eyes thread; subjective to personal preference and possibly starting a flame war. As I mentioned in the first post, I recently picked up a Galaxy TAB with the S pen, so anything I can do on the note I can do on the tablet. Which kind of makes the Note 10 redundant. One of the reasons I am looking at possibly getting a different phone. Other reasons are the buttons on the left hand side and the size of the phone.
I have always enjoyed my experiences with the Pixel line.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Oh I get it, they are two different experiences. If I were to pose the question, would the Pixel 5 be considered a downgrade from the S20 or even the S10 for that matter? Then it would be the typical roll your eyes thread; subjective to personal preference and possibly starting a flame war. As I mentioned in the first post, I recently picked up a Galaxy TAB with the S pen, so anything I can do on the note I can do on the tablet. Which kind of makes the Note 10 redundant. One of the reasons I am looking at possibly getting a different phone. Other reasons are the buttons on the left hand side and the size of the phone.
I have always enjoyed my experiences with the Pixel line.
I don't think the tablet or even the s21 that now has S-Pen support will have the same software features like the Note does with S-PEN, but I think having tablet and going with the pixel is a good combo.

blackhawksfan75

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
Well. I did it. Back on #teamPixel. Pixel 5 in green. So far I like the size of it. Not a fingerprint magnet. Definitely need to get a case though, as it is slippery. I had the Google one on the P4XL, which I liked a lot. So I will get a similar one for the 5.

Note 10 will be put away as a back up device.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Well. I did it. Back on #teamPixel. Pixel 5 in green. So far I like the size of it. Not a fingerprint magnet. Definitely need to get a case though, as it is slippery. I had the Google one on the P4XL, which I liked a lot. So I will get a similar one for the 5.

Congrats

Eggmundo

Trusted Member
Sep 25, 2016
Visit site

You mean the fabric case? Was that good on the 4 XL? I'm considering it for mine. Worried it's slippery.

neil74

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
It is not a downgrade but the screen will feel small coming from the Note. I love my Pixel 5 but for my ageing eyes the screen does feel a little cramped and as I rarely go out these days the benefits of the compact form factor are not as important.

I just wish they did a plus/XL version with 256gb of storage and then it would be my only droid for sure.

blackhawksfan75

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
You mean the fabric case? Was that good on the 4 XL? I'm considering it for mine. Worried it's slippery.

I found that the case gave the phone better grip being fabric. It was very light weight, didn't add any bulkiness like some cases do. I bought the grey one. By the time I was done it was no longer grey lol.

It is also compatible with the Pixel stand, which should be a given, since the case is made by Google.

blackhawksfan75

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
It is not a downgrade but the screen will feel small coming from the Note. I love my Pixel 5 but for my ageing eyes the screen does feel a little cramped and as I rarely go out these days the benefits of the compact form factor are not as important.

I just wish they did a plus/XL version with 256gb of storage and then it would be my only droid for sure.

The screen size is the biggest adjustment so far. It reminds so much of the earlier iPhones. Except better. Obviously. :cool:
I usually don't have a lot of content on my devices, so storage has never been an issue for me. But, I agree it would have been nice if there was 5XL version. Oh well, such is life.

Guyinbox

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Just speaking to transferring files, have you tried nearby share? I transfer videos back and forth from my tab s7+ and pixel 4xl quite a bit and have never had a problem.

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
For the past few years I have been switching back and forth between the Note series and the Pixel series. The S-pen is what draws me to the note, but I very rarely use. Now that I have a Galaxy Tab A with a pen, it makes the Note 10+ a bit redundant. What draws me to the Pixel is The 'Now Playing' feature. It is just an impressive piece of technology. I love seeing what song is playing on the lock screen. I have Shazam, but it just isn't the same. The other main feature that I miss is the digital photo frame as I have the Pixel charging stand at work. However, with the not so positive press the P5 has been receiving I don't know if it would actually be worth it this time.

My wife uses a Samsung, so this is another point of contention. Naturally, transferring data to her phone isn't as smooth of a process with Pixel phones. Mainly videos. For example I would record my daughter's dance recital on my Pixel, but it would never transfer over to my wife's S10. If there are work arounds with this I am all ears. I have tried Android beam through NFC, but the Pixel would not recognize the S10.
Use nearby share

Emperor

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Good question. I have the Note 20 Ultra and the Pixel 5. I was drawn to the Note because of the specs and bling (pretty glass and metal). On the go with day to day activities, found myself reaching for the Pixel 5 more and more. Wouldn't call it a down grade because they have serve two different markets.

Note Ultra = Cadillac Escalade ESV
Pixel 5 = Ford F150 (it's a work horse)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01