S21 vs. Pixel 5 comparison from Droid Life (why he's sticking with the P5)

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site

technutcounselor

Apr 19, 2018
Visit site
Thanks for sharing. That article is on point. I had a P5 after switching from iphone a few weeks ago, then thought it was too boring and shipped it back while getting an S21. I couldn't stand it and ordered another P5 and I am happy with it. I like the pure Android experience and the software is wonderful and very intuitive, I think more so than Apple and I was with them for years.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for sharing. That article is on point. I had a P5 after switching from iphone a few weeks ago, then thought it was too boring and shipped it back while getting an S21. I couldn't stand it and ordered another P5 and I am happy with it. I like the pure Android experience and the software is wonderful and very intuitive, I think more so than Apple and I was with them for years.

Yeah, absolutely! To a lot of people, the Google Pixel phones might seem "boring" or "lack-luster". However, When is comes to OS/app fluidity and smoothness, I think very very few people would argue that Google Pixel phones reign supreme. Of course OnePlus phones and top-end Samsung Galaxy phones are right there with them, but Google Pixel phones just hold their own very very easily! Like we keep on saying here, Google is first and foremost a software company... aka they know what they're doing. lol I personally think that the Google Pixel phones have always looked awesome in their own right!

The_Woo

Aug 22, 2020
Visit site
I actually own both and switch my Sim back and forth, as both have their advantages and disadvantages IMO.

Can't believe I'm saying this, but the cameras and video are pretty much on par with each other. Other than that, P5 - better battery, pure Android, and smaller form factor. S21- Display, display (lol), features, and customization (if you're into that)....

Definitely keeping both

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I actually own both and switch my Sim back and forth, as both have their advantages and disadvantages IMO.

Can't believe I'm saying this, but the cameras and video are pretty much on par with each other. Other than that, P5 - better battery, pure Android, and smaller form factor. S21- Display, display (lol), features, and customization (if you're into that)....

Definitely keeping both

oh, yeah absolutely. That’s why I buy pixel! Any other cameras are definitely up to par with most other flagship phones on the market at this point!

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
I love the 4a 5G which is pretty close to the Pixel 5. It is very snappy and feels quick, despite not having 120Hz refresh rate. It is lightweight compared to Samsung. I have both a S10+ and this 4a 5G and it is nice to use both for different reasons. The Pixel does take better photos though.

Daveya

Nov 19, 2020
Visit site
The main reason I eventually abandoned Samsung was the weight an shere size, I just wanted a simpler smaller lighter phone than did everything without a fuss and didn't pull your shorts down in summer .

And then can the Pixel 5. Perfect , almost

The launcher could do with some work

Gunite

Jan 15, 2018
Visit site
After WP went busy I went to Samsung purely based on specs for two phones worth, then came Pixel 3XL, which I highly regretted but I gave it to my lady friend, then went to OnePlus for two series, and now I'm back to Pixel 5. Unless they go bust I'm not leaving the Pixel lineup based on souly on specs, ever again. There is a fluidity and updates that no one else seems to match. Samsung recently extended their update policy on the life of their updates on the phones, that's because it takes them that long to push their updates out, a year or two later than on the Pixel. OnePlus is at least quicker, although they are turning into Samsung as well. That's not to say Samsung and OnePlus aren't bringing their own style of innovation, just not enough for me to make a switch back to them.

Mathrania

Jul 3, 2017
Visit site
I am a super pixel fan. Used OG Pixel, Pixel 2 XL, Pixel 4 XL and Pixel 5. I recently switched to S21 Ultra and i cannot be happier. Even though the S21 Ultra is huge and heavy, I don't miss anything from Pixel 5. I guess moving from Pixel 4 XL to Pixel 5 did not add much value to it (instead it took away some stuff). If the new flagship of Pixel comes with at least QHD display and better camera ( Telephoto and Wide Angle) with improved sensors, I will definitely switch back to beloved Pixel.
Also the fact that "Hold for me" feature was still not available in Canada after 3 months of launch, I was kind of disappointed.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I have both Pixel 5 and S21 Ultra, honestly they both are great phones. Obviously S21 series is much more feature rich and expensive than Pixel 5. I think I'll probably happy with either one of I could keep only one. Most of it comes to preference, S21 does have much more stuff for sure if we compare feature by feature. But Pixel line always has special place in my heart

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I have both Pixel 5 and S21 Ultra, honestly they both are great phones. Obviously S21 series is much more feature rich and expensive than Pixel 5. I think I'll probably happy with either one of I could keep only one. Most of it comes to preference, S21 does have much more stuff for sure if we compare feature by feature. But Pixel line always has special place in my heart

Yes, of course there are other great android phones out on the market other than the Pixel phones. I 100% agree with you that the Pixel line WILL ALWAYS have a special place in my heart a well! :p:D:-[

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Hey dude, Excellent find on that article! After all, ALL of his reasons for Pixel 5 over S21 is why you guy a Google Pixel phone at the end of the day vs a well-marketed Samsung Galaxy phone. S/W optimization, no bloat-ware etc. Practical & realistic s/w features that people will actually want to use!

That pretty much sums it up for me :D