Samsung guaranteed 4 years of Updates?

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
100 percent agree with you!!!

Hey thanks dude!! I really appreciate it! I mean yeah, I like Samsung, I never ever hate on them of course. They make beautiful looking Android smartphones, Their screen technology is top notch, but they've also got a horrible reputation of s/w updates or lack there of! That's the unfortunate part. If this is a key turning point for them then good, I still probably won't buy a Galaxy phone due to the bloatware/One UI etc , but this could be potential great news for Galaxy owners in general!

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yeah thats for the newer phones on , s10 to Note 20 3 OS and 3 security . S7 got 2 OS and 3 years security

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Samsung on the right path

OH yeah for sure. they're on more of the right path now. Good for them and Galaxy owners. Now, if they could just take off OneUI from their phones, I might re-consider buying them. lol. Oh well, just love my Pixel soo much!

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
OH yeah for sure. they're on more of the right path now. Good for them and Galaxy owners. Now, if they could just take off OneUI from their phones, I might re-consider buying them. lol. Oh well, just love my Pixel soo much!
Some like the UI and some don't, it's not touch wiz style anymore , much much improved. I thought about that Samsung with pixel UI and wouldn't want it as it wouldn't be different from pixels or others . I like the way both pixels and Samsung experience are in their set ways so you have a choice that's why I enjoy both.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Some like the UI and some don't, it's not touch wiz style anymore , much much improved. I thought about that Samsung with pixel UI and wouldn't want it as it wouldn't be different from pixels or others . I like the way both pixels and Samsung experience are in their set ways so you have a choice that's why I enjoy both.

Yeah, I can understand what you mean. For me, OneUI just seems still too bloated, and slowly running from what I've seen on all the YouTube reviews. Plus Samsung includes a lot of features, that not everyone wants. Some of which might actually be slowing the phone down as well unfortunately. That's why I'm super excited to see the new UI changes in Android 12 directly from Google! Something to get excited for ya know!

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yeah, I can understand what you mean. For me, OneUI just seems still too bloated, and slowly running from what I've seen on all the YouTube reviews. Plus Samsung includes a lot of features, that not everyone wants. Some of which might actually be slowing the phone down as well unfortunately. That's why I'm super excited to see the new UI changes in Android 12 directly from Google! Something to get excited for ya know!
I'm looking forward to Android 12 also

me just saying

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
Hey thanks dude!! I really appreciate it! I mean yeah, I like Samsung, I never ever hate on them of course. They make beautiful looking Android smartphones, Their screen technology is top notch, but they've also got a horrible reputation of s/w updates or lack there of! That's the unfortunate part. If this is a key turning point for them then good, I still probably won't buy a Galaxy phone due to the bloatware/One UI etc , but this could be potential great news for Galaxy owners in general!

their rep may not be deserved anymore. For the past year, they have been pretty fast with security updates.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
their rep may not be deserved anymore. For the past year, they have been pretty fast with security updates.

yeah, that’s what I’ve been hearing. Well,for Galaxy users, that’s great then. At that point for me, it’ll come down to OneUI, and of course all of Samsung’s lovely bloatware as well, unfortunately... that’s the problem with Galaxy phones always... in my opinion..

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
yeah, that’s what I’ve been hearing. Well,for Galaxy users, that’s great then. At that point for me, it’ll come down to OneUI, and of course all of Samsung’s lovely bloatware as well, unfortunately... that’s the problem with Galaxy phones always... in my opinion..

And now they're starting to include ads with their pre-installed bloatware.... not a good look :( I get frustrated with the ads on my Lenovo tablet...but hey, it's Lenovo. Samsung really shouldn't be going down this road.....

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
And now they're starting to include ads with their pre-installed bloatware.... not a good look :( I get frustrated with the ads on my Lenovo tablet...but hey, it's Lenovo. Samsung really shouldn't be going down this road.....

Yeah, dude, that's what I've also been hearing as well unfortunately! Samsung is getting more frustratingly annoying to deal with by the day. I mean, don't get me wrong here Google pushes certain ads in the Google News Feed, but it's not nearly that many, and not nearly that annoying and intrusive. :(:eek:

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site

Samsung's reputation lately has been timely with updates. My wife's Note 20 Ultra has been getting regular updates. I had a Note 9 and had decent updates.

They aren't as bad as LG. Not even close. I love my LG V60 and it works fine. But, LG is a complete failure w/updates (Security and OS)

We both have T-Mobile

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Samsung's reputation lately has been timely with updates. My wife's Note 20 Ultra has been getting regular updates. I had a Note 9 and had decent updates.

They aren't as bad as LG. Not even close. I love my LG V60 and it works fine. But, LG is a complete failure w/updates (Security and OS)

We both have T-Mobile

yeah I hear you! Samsung has gone better with their software update releases in recent years. I’m just not a fan of Samsung’s one ui and all of their extra apps. Aka bloatware. Let’s just put it that way. 😂

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
yeah I hear you! Samsung has gone better with their software update releases in recent years. I’m just not a fan of Samsung’s one ui and all of their extra apps. Aka bloatware. Let’s just put it that way.
The pixels are still 3/3 correct?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol