One Change

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the feedback. I get it ... Some people see the smaller size as a plus.

Left my phone in a friend's car and couldn't get it back until the next day. Grabbed my backup Pixel 3 XL to use on wifi email, banking, and hangouts (yes ... I'm still using hangouts). While using the P3XL, I was a little smitten with the larger screen. Felt like the size fell into the sweet spot ... Large screen ... But not too large like some of the Samsung flat screen phones ;-). I loving the P5, but every "now-and -then" ... I wouldn't mind a larger screen.

Not complaining ... Just explaining

Yeah I prefer larger screens too. Disappointing there was no Pixel 5 XL.

straygator

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I prefer larger screens too. Disappointing there was no Pixel 5 XL.

But the actual size of the screen on the Pixel 5 is exactly the same as on my old Pixel 2XL: 6 inches. So with the reduction of the bezels, the viewing area on my new Pixel 5 is identical to that on my old Pixel 2XL -- and I get to enjoy it (a) without the added bulk and weight of the P2XL; and (b) with a better battery; and (c) at a lower price. In my book, that's improvement worth celebrating, even if the top speaker is slightly less strong (a difference that has so far been undetectable to me). While some may prefer an even larger phone with an even faster refresh rate, I'm perfectly delighted with the dimensions of the Pixel 5, and I couldn't tell the difference between 90Hz and 120Hz based on my usage of the device anyway.

The only additional feature I'd like to see on the next Pixel is a larger storage capacity, either in an optional 258GB model or, better yet, an expandable storage.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Love my Pixel5. I have read a lot of love/hate comments about the phone. With a great camera, rear finger printer reader, snappy performance, and a crazy battery... how could it improve. If you could change one thing about the Pixel5, what is it ...?

My change would be screen size.

Yeah, I couldn’t agree more so! Love my P5! Upgraded from a P3 XL, and would never go back. Great software for every aspect of life!

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
But the actual size of the screen on the Pixel 5 is exactly the same as on my old Pixel 2XL: 6 inches. So with the reduction of the bezels, the viewing area on my new Pixel 5 is identical to that on my old Pixel 2XL -- and I get to enjoy it (a) without the added bulk and weight of the P2XL; and (b) with a better battery; and (c) at a lower price. In my book, that's improvement worth celebrating, even if the top speaker is slightly less strong (a difference that has so far been undetectable to me). While some may prefer an even larger phone with an even faster refresh rate, I'm perfectly delighted with the dimensions of the Pixel 5, and I couldn't tell the difference between 90Hz and 120Hz based on my usage of the device anyway.

The only additional feature I'd like to see on the next Pixel is a larger storage capacity, either in an optional 258GB model or, better yet, an expandable storage.

I have no idea why you quoted me with that dribble, when myself and the person I was quoting wanted larger screens and weren't talking about he Pixel 2XL screen vs the Pixel 5 screen.

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
I have no idea why you quoted me with that dribble, when myself and the person I was quoting wanted larger screens and weren't talking about he Pixel 2XL screen vs the Pixel 5 screen.
Relax dude stop being so rude and toxic.

Why do you bring so much negativity to the pixel 5 forum? You obviously made up your mind and dislike the device we get it, but we like it so please stop being so negative and rude.

Ty..

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
I think the 4a 5G was perfect for its price. For the flagship the SD870 would be a good option. Cheaper than the 888 but around the power of the 865+ which would give flagship specs for a cheaper phone. 120Hz and a larger battery to compensate but with variable refresh rate or option to chose between 60, 90 and 120Hz.

3rd lens would be good. One of each type telephoto, wide and ultrawide. Newer lenses as well.

Choice of standard and XL sizes.

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
My two problems with the P5 was the smallish size. 6.55 is my minimum. Also the under the screen mic was a deal breaker for me. Just once I'd like a Pixel without a major flaw. Blue tint, Worst notch ever, no fingerprint scanner, now under the screen mic.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I think the 4a 5G was perfect for its price. For the flagship the SD870 would be a good option. Cheaper than the 888 but around the power of the 865+ which would give flagship specs for a cheaper phone. 120Hz and a larger battery to compensate but with variable refresh rate or option to chose between 60, 90 and 120Hz.

3rd lens would be good. One of each type telephoto, wide and ultrawide. Newer lenses as well.

Choice of standard and XL sizes.

Telephoto would be a nice touch, for sure!

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Whereas I think the telephoto lens on my S10 isn't very appealing! Haha. I definitely miss those Pixel cameras some days!

Yeah, I’ll definitely say that my pixel camera is still taking the best pictures I’ve seen in a smartphone.. that’s all I’m saying now.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I agree with you, hands-down!

Haha, well, why thank you very much! I know there are other great camera phones out there on the market, no doubting that, but the Pixel camera software just does a better more realistic quality shot, at least in my opinion.

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
Haha, well, why thank you very much! I know there are other great camera phones out there on the market, no doubting that, but the Pixel camera software just does a better more realistic quality shot, at least in my opinion.
So true and motion pictures as well. Like this one of Snerd walking out of the cat house
c0552a56c61ad27a7e16acb8d1a7790b.jpg

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
So true and motion pictures as well. Like this one of Snerd walking out of the cat house
c0552a56c61ad27a7e16acb8d1a7790b.jpg

Hehe, See, there ya go! Samsung Galaxy software over saturates EVERYTHING; which to some people, they might like which is great! I'm just not one of those people. Pixel phones are the clearest, sharpest looking pictures I've ever seen on a smartphone. Cute cat by the way! :cool:

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
Hehe, See, there ya go! Samsung Galaxy software over saturates EVERYTHING; which to some people, they might like which is great! I'm just not one of those people. Pixel phones are the clearest, sharpest looking pictures I've ever seen on a smartphone. Cute cat by the way! :cool:
Yeah he is so handsome, cheeky, intelligent, funny and naughty. And very loving. He is just 10 months old yesterday. Since I got my 4a 5G I have loved taking photos of him and Tiny. They just have so much more depth and detail and character than those taken with my S10+ and I get free unlimited high quality storage from Google with them.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Yeah he is so handsome, cheeky, intelligent, funny and naughty. And very loving. He is just 10 months old yesterday. Since I got my 4a 5G I have loved taking photos of him and Tiny. They just have so much more depth and detail and character than those taken with my S10+ and I get free unlimited high quality storage from Google with them.

Yeah, I couldn't agree more with you! Good for you! I'm glad to hear that you're enjoying your camera soo much!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie