April Update Battery Drain?

seanq477

Oct 10, 2019
Visit site
Installed the update yesterday or the day before and I've noticed that my battery is going down a lot faster than it was before. Anybody else experiencing this?

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Installed the update yesterday or the day before and I've noticed that my battery is going down a lot faster than it was before. Anybody else experiencing this?

I just downloaded the update as well yesterday, and haven't noticed any battery drains so far. I'll let you know if I do notice anything whatsoever.

straygator

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm finding the battery life better than the March update.

Yeah, I wasn't going to chime in until my P5 had a chance to go through at least a cycle or two, but mine seems to be better than the remarkable battery life I experienced before the March update, which caused the charge level to decline more rapidly (albeit still providing 2+ days of my normal light usage on a single full charge). I'm beginning to wonder whether the calibration of the gauge might be off, because even though I've only used the phone very sparingly (less than 10 minutes) since taking it off the charger at 7:30 am today, it's still showing 94% charge remaining more than 8.5 hours later; and that just doesn't seem possible.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I wasn't going to chime in until my P5 had a chance to go through at least a cycle or two, but mine seems to be better than the remarkable battery life I experienced before the March update, which caused the charge level to decline more rapidly (albeit still providing 2+ days of my normal light usage on a single full charge). I'm beginning to wonder whether the calibration of the gauge might be off, because even though I've only used the phone very sparingly (less than 10 minutes) since taking it off the charger at 7:30 am today, it's still showing 94% charge remaining more than 8.5 hours later; and that just doesn't seem possible.

Oh, once I go through one or two battery cycles, I will definitely chime in with my thoughts. So far, battery life seems good no complaints here whatsoever! I’ll probably update everyone in a couple of days or so. Regardless though, here’s what I’m seeing so far though........
4f4be5b50055163a522ab6a6a7b0aef5.jpg

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
No change for me. Lasts ages.

I’m actually curious to see if my battery does last a little bit longer after the April update not that it hasn’t been amazing already. And the lowest I usually drain my battery is down to 35% which is when my battery saver mode kicks in. And then I charge right back up. I don’t think that’s too safe and healthy for the battery Do you have any overall, so I think I’m gonna start draining it a little bit more so. No reason not to.