Wife Hating On My Pixel 5

ras47

Mar 21, 2021
Visit site
In fact its downright p!ssing her off. She's an iPhone girl through and through. Her technical IQ lands her somewhere between amateur and moron. I say that in the most loving way possible, but tech is NOT her strong suit.

So why is she so down on my Pixel 5? Glad you asked! She cannot stand not seeing my every move on Find My on her iPhone. Every time she sees those green text bubbles instead of blue ones it reminds her that she can't see where I am. We've been together for over 42 years, married for 33 of them. Nobody ever stepped out on the other, not even a flirtation. High school sweethearts and soulmates. And she's still as territorial about me as a junkyard dog. Now Android is thwarting her penchant for covert surveillance and she's not liking it.

I say, "tough darts." I'm still loving Android and the Google Pixel.

ras47

Mar 21, 2021
Visit site
There are apps that will allow her to find your phone

She'd have to ask ME to install it. Chance of her doing it: zero. Far more likely she'll tape a portable GPS transmitter on her boot and give me a good swift kick to "implant" it.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You know how iMessage does that annoying thing where if you send something like "I'm almost home", and they do the stupid Like thing, and you get the Liked "I'm almost home" message? I want to start replying something like Hated "Liked 'I'm almost home'". :p

ras47

Mar 21, 2021
Visit site
lack of privacy!! While wanting to stalk your every move. Sorry that made me chuckle a bit.

Oh, the irony was not lost on me! She's a barrel of contradictions. Complains about the price of stamps rising but goes to an upscale shopping mall and buys Chanel boots. I've been scratching my head for 40 years and I'm starting to get splinters in my fingers!

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
No, she doesn't even know what a forum is. No social media either. She understands it, she just doesn't like the lack of privacy.

She doesn't like the lack of privacy but still wants to know where you are via your phone?

- written by a wife who is also hypocritical sometimes

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
She'd have to ask ME to install it. Chance of her doing it: zero. Far more likely she'll tape a portable GPS transmitter on her boot and give me a good swift kick to "implant" it.
I just meant from the perspective that that finding devices is not exclusive to IOS

ras47

Mar 21, 2021
Visit site
I just meant from the perspective that that finding devices is not exclusive to IOS

Indeed. But being so non-tech savvy with spousal unit needed me to set up her Find My app and show her how to use it. IIRC, Google had an app like this for Android, or at least a feature, that showed contacts around you.

beantownsouth

Dec 14, 2020
Visit site
Indeed. But being so non-tech savvy with spousal unit needed me to set up her Find My app and show her how to use it. IIRC, Google had an app like this for Android, or at least a feature, that showed contacts around you.

Just keep location services off, and poof, you're invisible to her. LOL

My wife and I have been married 34 years, been together for 40. Only time I gave her an app or she wanted knowledge of where I was, was when I was riding my motorcycle. It was more for safety reasons than a being nosy thing. Riding in the mountains has it's hazards, and if the worse happened, they could find me. Now driving the car, I get a text or phone call. And that's only if I'm way late arriving home. I'm a truck driver and that happens a lot.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cyari6908