I prefer the 5 over the 6... I don't know why

delta7

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I just think think the 5 looks better, lighter, and the rear fingerprint scanner is better.

Granted the 6 i technically "better" but for me the 5 is just more enjoyable.

I know the 6 will sell like hotcakes due to the price and google should immediately make the 5 450 US brand new.

lol

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
I just think think the 5 looks better, lighter, and the rear fingerprint scanner is better.

I know the 6 will sell like hotcakes due to the price and google should immediately make the 5 450 US brand new.

lol
QQ have you tried the 6 to compare it? I know what you mean though I came from a 5 and love the smaller form factor but even though the 6 pro is a giant in comparison for me there is no competition. Only thing I miss is how compact the 5 is and great to use with one hand but as far as actual look/design and feel for me they aren't even on the same level.

Would of been great to see a smaller version of the device more in the realms of the pixel 5 size but with this type of flagship hardware.

I'm on day 3 with the 6 pro and starting to get used to the size but still have ways to go. At the end of the day is all preference and the pixel 5 is an amazing device I enjoyed it and did I need to upgrade? Absolutely not, but I like to upgrade every year.

srgonu

Dec 30, 2016
Visit site
QQ have you tried the 6 to compare it? I know what you mean though I came from a 5 and love the smaller form factor but even though the 6 pro is a giant in comparison for me there is no competition. Only thing I miss is how compact the 5 is and great to use with one hand but as far as actual look/design and feel for me they aren't even on the same level.

Would of been great to see a smaller version of the device more in the realms of the pixel 5 size but with this type of flagship hardware.

I'm on day 3 with the 6 pro and starting to get used to the size but still have ways to go. At the end of the day is all preference and the pixel 5 is an amazing device I enjoyed it and did I need to upgrade? Absolutely not, but I like to upgrade every year.

I see pixel 5 stutters here and there once in a while. Do you see that with 6?

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
I see pixel 5 stutters here and there once in a while. Do you see that with 6?
So far no it's much snappier, I will say overall the 5 was great most of the time. So far it's only day 3 so I haven't had tons of time, however, so far it's been great.

beantownsouth

Dec 14, 2020
Visit site

lol

The leaks have just begun. It appears Google didn't forget about us P5 owners. There ares now leaks kinda confirming a Pixel 6a the size of the P5 with the Tensor chip. I posted about it last night in the rumors forum. If true, that will give Google a P6 series phone in three different sizes. Papa bear, Mama Bear and Baby Bear. lol Considering how fast the Pixel 5 sold out, they'd be crazy not to offer the same form factor in a P6.

Last edited:

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

lol
Pixel 5 is a solid device with outstanding battery life

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I understand what you are saying! I chose the 5 in May when we had some rumours and leaks of the 6. I didn't want to wait, yes, but I also wanted the smaller form factor and didn't want to try the new Google OS yet until it was more established. Plus, the 5 suited my budget and met my needs perfectly.

I think both phones are fantastic in their own right! But I too like my 5 more and will hold into it as long as I can!

ras47

Mar 21, 2021
Visit site
I bought my 5 when the 6 and 6 Pro were "coming soon." It was quite a saga and soured me on buying from Google, so I turned to this forum and got my *working* Pixel 5. And fell in love with Android all over again. I've been using iPhones for so long I had Apple blinders on. Don't get me wrong - the iPhone is superb. And as a life long Mac user the integration is nice. But there is just something about Android that I love.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I bought my 5 when the 6 and 6 Pro were "coming soon." It was quite a saga and soured me on buying from Google, so I turned to this forum and got my *working* Pixel 5. And fell in love with Android all over again. I've been using iPhones for so long I had Apple blinders on. Don't get me wrong - the iPhone is superb. And as a life long Mac user the integration is nice. But there is just something about Android that I love.

So glad you are loving your Pixel 5 and Android again! Both Android and iOS platforms are awesome! :)

ras47

Mar 21, 2021
Visit site
I haven't tried the 6 or 6 Pro (yet) but I don't see me giving ing up my Pixel 5 anytime soon. Especially not when my needs are so basic. I'll wait and see what the 6a or 6a Pro or Pixel 7-series brings. However Google decides to name it.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I haven't tried the 6 or 6 Pro (yet) but I don't see me giving ing up my Pixel 5 anytime soon. Especially not when my needs are so basic. I'll wait and see what the 6a or 6a Pro or Pixel 7-series brings. However Google decides to name it.

I totally agree with you! If it ain't broke, don't fix it! I'll wait and see what happens with the next iterations.

swebb

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
Outside of the cameras and the Google designed Tensor, there's nothing about the P6 line that interests me. The P5 is solid and will certainly perform well for the next couple of years. However I do feel betrayed by the pricing of the P6. So much better spec-wise than the P5 was at release, at a $100 less.

ras47

Mar 21, 2021
Visit site
I think people looked at the P5 specs and then the P5 pricing and said, "Huh?" Mid-range specs at a premium price when you compare with Apple and Samsung. The only spec I give a hoot about is battery life, and the P5 is stellar as far as battery life. Unlike me, however, the rest of the world seems enthralled with specs, Geekbench results, and megapixels. For me, its all about how the gestalt comes together and functions in the real world. But I'm the exception, and if the P5 was a sluggish seller then Google had to act. That act was the 5a and a new price point. Lesson learned by Google, hence the more attractive pricing on the 6 and 6 Pro.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Outside of the cameras and the Google designed Tensor, there's nothing about the P6 line that interests me. The P5 is solid and will certainly perform well for the next couple of years. However I do feel betrayed by the pricing of the P6. So much better spec-wise than the P5 was at release, at a $100 less.

I know exactly what you are saying. I too was a little surprised at the price of the smaller 6, at least in Canada.

The_Woo

Aug 22, 2020
Visit site
I hear ya guys! I ended up getting both 6s, but I always find myself using my P5 for certain occasions. I just love this phone and think it's really underrated with all it's specs and it's practical size.

I initially was selling my P5 on Mercari, but pulled the posting down after 1 day...lol

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I hear ya guys! I ended up getting both 6s, but I always find myself using my P5 for certain occasions. I just love this phone and think it's really underrated with all it's specs and it's practical size.

I initially was selling my P5 on Mercari, but pulled the posting down after 1 day...lol
I liked the 5 also very solid phone with excellent battery life and rugged body but I'm really liking the 6pro.

ras47

Mar 21, 2021
Visit site
I love the cases from Google for the Pixel 5. Grippy but not rubbery, with just the right texture. I have 3 of the 4 offered, but that Chameleon Green eludes me. It was the first to sell out but I'm still on the hunt.

Attachments

• chameleongreen.jpg
    chameleongreen.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 97
  • staticgray.jpg
    staticgray.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 98
  • basicallyblack.jpg
    basicallyblack.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 97
  • blueconfetti.jpg
    blueconfetti.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:

The_Woo

Aug 22, 2020
Visit site
I liked the 5 also very solid phone with excellent battery life and rugged body but I'm really liking the 6pro.
Yeah, same here! I really thought the curved screen would bother me, but I actually like the added real estate on the sides. My regular P6 is kinda left out in the cold...LOL!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol