01-28-2022 05:46 PM
33 12
tools
    I just think think the 5 looks better, lighter, and the rear fingerprint scanner is better.

Granted the 6 i technically "better" but for me the 5 is just more enjoyable.

I know the 6 will sell like hotcakes due to the price and google should immediately make the 5 450 US brand new.

lol
    Morty2264 and Laura Knotek like this.
    10-30-2021 10:11 AM
    I just think think the 5 looks better, lighter, and the rear fingerprint scanner is better.

I know the 6 will sell like hotcakes due to the price and google should immediately make the 5 450 US brand new.

lol
    QQ have you tried the 6 to compare it? I know what you mean though I came from a 5 and love the smaller form factor but even though the 6 pro is a giant in comparison for me there is no competition. Only thing I miss is how compact the 5 is and great to use with one hand but as far as actual look/design and feel for me they aren't even on the same level.

Would of been great to see a smaller version of the device more in the realms of the pixel 5 size but with this type of flagship hardware.

I'm on day 3 with the 6 pro and starting to get used to the size but still have ways to go. At the end of the day is all preference and the pixel 5 is an amazing device I enjoyed it and did I need to upgrade? Absolutely not, but I like to upgrade every year.
    Asfalloth and Laura Knotek like this.
    10-30-2021 10:21 AM
    QQ have you tried the 6 to compare it? I know what you mean though I came from a 5 and love the smaller form factor but even though the 6 pro is a giant in comparison for me there is no competition. Only thing I miss is how compact the 5 is and great to use with one hand but as far as actual look/design and feel for me they aren't even on the same level.

Would of been great to see a smaller version of the device more in the realms of the pixel 5 size but with this type of flagship hardware.

I'm on day 3 with the 6 pro and starting to get used to the size but still have ways to go. At the end of the day is all preference and the pixel 5 is an amazing device I enjoyed it and did I need to upgrade? Absolutely not, but I like to upgrade every year.
    I see pixel 5 stutters here and there once in a while. Do you see that with 6?
    10-30-2021 10:27 AM
    I see pixel 5 stutters here and there once in a while. Do you see that with 6?
    So far no it's much snappier, I will say overall the 5 was great most of the time. So far it's only day 3 so I haven't had tons of time, however, so far it's been great.
    10-30-2021 10:29 AM

lol
    The leaks have just begun. It appears Google didn't forget about us P5 owners. There ares now leaks kinda confirming a Pixel 6a the size of the P5 with the Tensor chip. I posted about it last night in the rumors forum. If true, that will give Google a P6 series phone in three different sizes. Papa bear, Mama Bear and Baby Bear. lol Considering how fast the Pixel 5 sold out, they'd be crazy not to offer the same form factor in a P6.
    Kizzy Catwoman and chevyman29 like this.
    10-30-2021 10:53 AM

lol
    Pixel 5 is a solid device with outstanding battery life
    10-30-2021 11:13 AM
    I understand what you are saying! I chose the 5 in May when we had some rumours and leaks of the 6. I didn't want to wait, yes, but I also wanted the smaller form factor and didn't want to try the new Google OS yet until it was more established. Plus, the 5 suited my budget and met my needs perfectly.

I think both phones are fantastic in their own right! But I too like my 5 more and will hold into it as long as I can!
    Laura Knotek and Jhstewa016 like this.
    10-30-2021 11:25 AM
    I bought my 5 when the 6 and 6 Pro were "coming soon." It was quite a saga and soured me on buying from Google, so I turned to this forum and got my *working* Pixel 5. And fell in love with Android all over again. I've been using iPhones for so long I had Apple blinders on. Don't get me wrong - the iPhone is superb. And as a life long Mac user the integration is nice. But there is just something about Android that I love.
    10-30-2021 04:03 PM
    I bought my 5 when the 6 and 6 Pro were "coming soon." It was quite a saga and soured me on buying from Google, so I turned to this forum and got my *working* Pixel 5. And fell in love with Android all over again. I've been using iPhones for so long I had Apple blinders on. Don't get me wrong - the iPhone is superb. And as a life long Mac user the integration is nice. But there is just something about Android that I love.
    So glad you are loving your Pixel 5 and Android again! Both Android and iOS platforms are awesome!
    Laura Knotek and ras47 like this.
    10-31-2021 08:16 AM
    Pixel 5 is a solid device with outstanding battery life
    For the hardware that's in the Pixel 5, Google came up with a solid combination for the phone. They certainly did their homework with the battery. It's like having an Energizer Bunny in mine.
    Laura Knotek and mustang7757 like this.
    10-31-2021 11:28 AM
    For the hardware that's in the Pixel 5, Google came up with a solid combination for the phone. They certainly did their homework with the battery. It's like having an Energizer Bunny in mine.
    I agree
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-31-2021 12:39 PM
    I haven't tried the 6 or 6 Pro (yet) but I don't see me giving ing up my Pixel 5 anytime soon. Especially not when my needs are so basic. I'll wait and see what the 6a or 6a Pro or Pixel 7-series brings. However Google decides to name it.
    10-31-2021 02:38 PM
    I haven't tried the 6 or 6 Pro (yet) but I don't see me giving ing up my Pixel 5 anytime soon. Especially not when my needs are so basic. I'll wait and see what the 6a or 6a Pro or Pixel 7-series brings. However Google decides to name it.
    I totally agree with you! If it ain't broke, don't fix it! I'll wait and see what happens with the next iterations.
    11-01-2021 06:05 AM
    Outside of the cameras and the Google designed Tensor, there's nothing about the P6 line that interests me. The P5 is solid and will certainly perform well for the next couple of years. However I do feel betrayed by the pricing of the P6. So much better spec-wise than the P5 was at release, at a $100 less.
    J Dubbs and Morty2264 like this.
    11-01-2021 08:04 AM
    I think people looked at the P5 specs and then the P5 pricing and said, "Huh?" Mid-range specs at a premium price when you compare with Apple and Samsung. The only spec I give a hoot about is battery life, and the P5 is stellar as far as battery life. Unlike me, however, the rest of the world seems enthralled with specs, Geekbench results, and megapixels. For me, its all about how the gestalt comes together and functions in the real world. But I'm the exception, and if the P5 was a sluggish seller then Google had to act. That act was the 5a and a new price point. Lesson learned by Google, hence the more attractive pricing on the 6 and 6 Pro.
    11-01-2021 08:49 AM
    Outside of the cameras and the Google designed Tensor, there's nothing about the P6 line that interests me. The P5 is solid and will certainly perform well for the next couple of years. However I do feel betrayed by the pricing of the P6. So much better spec-wise than the P5 was at release, at a $100 less.
    I know exactly what you are saying. I too was a little surprised at the price of the smaller 6, at least in Canada.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-02-2021 06:00 AM
    I hear ya guys! I ended up getting both 6s, but I always find myself using my P5 for certain occasions. I just love this phone and think it's really underrated with all it's specs and it's practical size.

I initially was selling my P5 on Mercari, but pulled the posting down after 1 day...lol
    11-20-2021 08:55 AM
    I hear ya guys! I ended up getting both 6s, but I always find myself using my P5 for certain occasions. I just love this phone and think it's really underrated with all it's specs and it's practical size.

I initially was selling my P5 on Mercari, but pulled the posting down after 1 day...lol
    I liked the 5 also very solid phone with excellent battery life and rugged body but I'm really liking the 6pro.
    hub1, The_Woo and Laura Knotek like this.
    11-20-2021 09:21 AM
    I love the cases from Google for the Pixel 5. Grippy but not rubbery, with just the right texture. I have 3 of the 4 offered, but that Chameleon Green eludes me. It was the first to sell out but I'm still on the hunt.
    Attached Thumbnails I prefer the 5 over the 6... I don't know why-chameleongreen.jpg   I prefer the 5 over the 6... I don't know why-staticgray.jpg   I prefer the 5 over the 6... I don't know why-basicallyblack.jpg   I prefer the 5 over the 6... I don't know why-blueconfetti.jpg  
    11-20-2021 09:24 AM
    I liked the 5 also very solid phone with excellent battery life and rugged body but I'm really liking the 6pro.
    Yeah, same here! I really thought the curved screen would bother me, but I actually like the added real estate on the sides. My regular P6 is kinda left out in the cold...LOL!!
    mustang7757 likes this.
    11-20-2021 09:38 AM
    Yeah, same here! I really thought the curved screen would bother me, but I actually like the added real estate on the sides. My regular P6 is kinda left out in the cold...LOL!!
    Im so use to curved displays now .
    Laura Knotek and The_Woo like this.
    11-20-2021 10:06 AM
    I love the cases from Google for the Pixel 5. Grippy but not rubbery, with just the right texture. I have 3 of the 4 offered, but that Chameleon Green eludes me. It was the first to sell out but I'm still on the hunt.
    How well do these fabric cases hold up? I've wanted to try them out but the price along with the prospect of dirtiness/damage were always stopping me from making a purchase.
    11-27-2021 12:18 PM
    They seem very durable. No nicks or scratches. I've been using the black one for a month and it looks like the day I got it. I had the gray one on for even longer and it still looks like it did on day one. I may switch to my Confetti Blue case in a bit. I'm still on the hunt for the Chameleon Green case but they're as rare as hens' teeth.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    11-27-2021 02:10 PM
    They seem very durable. No nicks or scratches. I've been using the black one for a month and it looks like the day I got it. I had the gray one on for even longer and it still looks like it did on day one. I may switch to my Confetti Blue case in a bit. I'm still on the hunt for the Chameleon Green case but they're as rare as hens' teeth.
    Thank you so much for your review! I may have to revisit the idea of buying a fabric case!
    11-28-2021 08:28 PM
    I prefer the 5 as well the pixel 6 is too big.
    Morty2264 and Grabber5.0 like this.
    12-25-2021 10:02 AM
33 12