Since I upgraded to Android 12, the first swipe I make to bring down the notifications after I unlock the device registers as a 2 finger swipe instead of a single finger swipe. Is anyone else having this problem?
    11-05-2021 12:39 PM
    Mine is working like it always has. First swipe brings down 4 toggles plus the notifications window. Second swipe brings down all my toggles and no notification window.

Pixel 5
    Verizon
    Android 12 (November 5th update)
    11-05-2021 01:31 PM
    After further testing, this only happens when I unlock the device with the fingerprint sensor. Also it only happens when I swipe quickly after unlocking the phone. If I wait a few seconds then it doesn't happen.
    11-05-2021 03:41 PM
    Happens to me too... extremely irritating
    11-07-2021 10:56 AM
    Since I upgraded to Android 12, the first swipe I make to bring down the notifications after I unlock the device registers as a 2 finger swipe instead of a single finger swipe. Is anyone else having this problem?
    Are you using Gestures or 3 button navigation?
    11-07-2021 11:51 AM
    gestures
    11-07-2021 01:20 PM
    Sorry, can you clarify what you mean by the device registering a 2 finger swipe? Do you mean that when you swipe down with one finger, you get the whole Quick Settings panel along with the Brightness slider, and no Notifications?
    11-07-2021 01:36 PM
    Yes that's what I mean.
    11-07-2021 01:40 PM
    gestures
    Any launcher being used. I'm asking as I can't replicate it on my P5 with Gestures or 3 button navigation. Even when using Nova Prime as the launcher.
    11-07-2021 01:45 PM
    After further testing, this only happens when I unlock the device with the fingerprint sensor. Also it only happens when I swipe quickly after unlocking the phone. If I wait a few seconds then it doesn't happen.
    Have you changed the animation values in the Developer Options? If so, change them back to 1x and see if it makes any difference.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    11-07-2021 01:47 PM
    Any launcher being used. I'm asking as I can't replicate it on my P5 with Gestures or 3 button navigation. Even when using Nova Prime as the launcher.
    I'm running completely stock.
    11-07-2021 01:53 PM
    Have you changed the animation values in the Developer Options? If so, change them back to 1x and see if it makes any difference.
    I haven't changed any developer options.
    11-07-2021 01:54 PM
    Does this happen in Safe Mode as well?
    11-07-2021 02:05 PM
    Does this happen in Safe Mode as well?
    Yes I was able to replicate it in safe mode.
    11-12-2021 08:36 PM
    Do you have the option turned on to swipe down the notification panel with the fingerprint sensor? If so, I wonder if you might be actually initiating a first swipedown with the sensor. Seems unlikely, but it may still be worth turning that option off and seeing if the problem persists.
    11-13-2021 02:27 AM
    Do you have the option turned on to swipe down the notification panel with the fingerprint sensor? If so, I wonder if you might be actually initiating a first swipedown with the sensor. Seems unlikely, but it may still be worth turning that option off and seeing if the problem persists.
    That option is turned off. I think I know why this is happening.

If you swipe down with one finger while the phone is on the lock screen, you get the whole quick settings panel. That's normal behavior. Basically that behavior persists for few seconds after the phone has been unlocked. The phone is not registering quickly enough that it's not on the lock screen anymore.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    11-13-2021 08:17 AM
    That option is turned off. I think I know why this is happening.

If you swipe down with one finger while the phone is on the lock screen, you get the whole quick settings panel. That's normal behavior. Basically that behavior persists for few seconds after the phone has been unlocked. The phone is not registering quickly enough that it's not on the lock screen anymore.
    Have you changed the animation values in the Developer Options? Just in case, change them to any value and then to 1x (even if they were already in 1x).
    11-13-2021 10:06 AM
    Have you changed the animation values in the Developer Options? Just in case, change them to any value and then to 1x (even if they were already in 1x).
    I've never changed any developer options. I'm not even sure where to access them.
    11-17-2021 06:35 PM
    With the December update today the issue seems to be fixed.
    Javier P and B. Diddy like this.
    12-06-2021 06:55 PM