Which Email Client do you use on Pixels?

blackhawksfan75

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't know about anyone else, but the one major point of contention for me on Pixel phones is the stock email client. I absolutely hate it. It used to be BlackBerry, but now this is one area where Samsung outperforms Google, in my opinion.

I have used BlueMail in the past when the Pixels 1 & 2 didn't support POP3 emails, which I believe changed with the P3.

Didn't BlueMail have a security breach at one point?

Would you consider that email client to be the best option or is there another app you prefer to use?

Thanks in advance.

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
I use Gmail for my Google workspace account. I would never use POP3 that's such old tech that rely on pull vs push notifications unless of course there was a specific user case. Outlook actually works pretty well on Android. I've tried it with my Microsoft account + adding my Gmail account to it just to test and tan very good.

blackhawksfan75

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
The only reason why I still use POP3 is for our Shaw (home) email account which is shared between the main computer, my wife's phone, and my phone. So, if an important email comes through and one of us opens it, the message doesn't disappear from her device or the computer and vice versa.

Maybe it isn't the GMAIL app on the Pixel, it may just be the use of outdated technology.

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
Since 99.9% of all my email is with my Gmail account I use Gmail primarily. I do have the Outlook app installed just to keep track of our old Hotmail account, but rarely use it. I do agree with the previous post that it (Outlook) works pretty good on Android. Back when I was helping elderly family members handle their bills and personal affairs I was managing three email accounts for them and used an app called Type Mail. It works good, had a lot of positive reviews, and has a lot of customization options.

beantownsouth

Dec 14, 2020
Visit site
I don't know about anyone else, but the one major point of contention for me on Pixel phones is the stock email client. I absolutely hate it. It used to be BlackBerry, but now this is one area where Samsung outperforms Google, in my opinion.

I have used BlueMail in the past when the Pixels 1 & 2 didn't support POP3 emails, which I believe changed with the P3.

Would you consider that email client to be the best option or is there another app you prefer to use?

Thanks in advance.

Your comment about the stock email client (Gmail) is the general consensus about anything Google. You either love it or hate it. I'm in your camp, Gmail is convoluted when you try to use it for more than one email account. This is the exact reason I'm now (1 month) using Outlook. It just works. All you email goes to one inbox or you can choose whatever account you want to work with. Delete something? It's in one trash bin. In other words, I don't have to go into each and every account to empty the trash bin. Outlook had a hard time back in Android 9-11 days. They did their homework on the latest version. I just flat out works!

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
The only reason why I still use POP3 is for our Shaw (home) email account which is shared between the main computer, my wife's phone, and my phone. So, if an important email comes through and one of us opens it, the message doesn't disappear from her device or the computer and vice versa.

Maybe it isn't the GMAIL app on the Pixel, it may just be the use of outdated technology.
For use cases like that I have an old AOL account I still have I just have forwarding turned on so it forwards any messages to my Gmail account so i don't miss any messages sent to the AOL account. I also have "send as" setup so i can compose messages from my AOL account without having to login to AOL, which is an awesome feature Gmail has.

You might be able to setup forwarding to your account and your wife's email account from that pop3 legacy account if it supports forwarding.

Good luck.

Last edited:

blackhawksfan75

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
I appreciate all the suggestions.

As former BlackBerry and Hub user, I may check out Spark.

I've tried using Hub in the past on other Android devices, but it was just a hot mess.

Smokeaire01

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
I appreciate all the suggestions.

As former BlackBerry and Hub user, I may check out Spark.

I've tried using Hub in the past on other Android devices, but it was just a hot mess.
You should check out Crackberry if you already haven't. Reports from there indicate BB Hub is working fine now on A12.

qphone

Dec 11, 2020
Visit site

Thanks in advance.

I continue to use BlackBerry Hub+ Services as my go to unified inbox email client. I only use Gmail for the one Gmail account that my phone is registered to starting back when BlackBerry used Android OS in the DTEK 50/60 series all the way up to KeyONE and TWO series.

With that said...

I use 2 Shaw and 5 (my own business domain) emails *all IMAP* running perfectly and smoothly let alone social media, call/text history all from Blackberry Hub.

Perhaps give BB Hub a try if you're already familiar with Blackberry

Last edited:

spARTacus

Sep 9, 2018
Visit site
I use BlackBerry Hub/Inbox +, for both the email and calendar apps. A statement earlier from BlackBerry says it won't be supported for less than AndroidOS9 after March2022. With the Android webview problems recently however, it seems they are still now pushing out some limited updates for even less than AndroidOS9.

ras47

Mar 21, 2021
Visit site
I have to give Spark a try. A unified inbox is a must so I've been using Gmail, but you cannot select the unified inbox as the primary view. I hate that. Spark may be just what I've been looking for.