How to show network icon and network # (5g, 4g, etc.) on top notification bar?

srfoot

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
Hi;
On my pixel 5, I don't have an icon for my network showing. How do I display this?
Does not show on lock screen, top of home page or on drop down shade from home page.
Thank you.

srfoot

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
Hi;
Thank you for your response.
Have rebooted.
Started in safe mode.
My top line on home page has the camera cutout to the far left and the time of day next to it. Then a long blank space, then, the solid wifi icon, upright battery icon then, battery % next to that.
No network icon or 5G, 4G, etc.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi;
Thank you for your response.
Have rebooted.
Started in safe mode.
My top line on home page has the camera cutout to the far left and the time of day next to it. Then a long blank space, then, the solid wifi icon, upright battery icon then, battery % next to that.
No network icon or 5G, 4G, etc.
Your welcome!

So if you toggle WiFi off it doesn't display the mobile data 4G/5G ?

srfoot

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
When I toggle wifi off, the wifi icon is gone but the 5G network icon does not appear.
I also did a reboot with wifi and bluetooth off and it still does not appear.
There also is no bluetooth symbol that appears when it is toggled on.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
When I toggle wifi off, the wifi icon is gone but the 5G network icon does not appear.
I also did a reboot with wifi and bluetooth off and it still does not appear.
There also is no bluetooth symbol that appears when it is toggled on.
Your getting service calls and mobile data ? Just not displaying, you dont use any apps that changes the notch? If not then probably going factory reset

srfoot

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
As a follow up. An interesting finding.
When I connect my phone via cable to my car via Android auto, the 5G, lte, etc will appear depending on what service I'm receiving. It will show at first when disconnect from my car, then goes away.
A mystery I will not solve.
The solid triangle symbol is always there showing strength of the signal just not the 5g, etc.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Which carrier are you on? If you're using an older SIM, make sure you get a new one that supports 5G. I had to do that on T-Mobile.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
As a follow up. An interesting finding.
When I connect my phone via cable to my car via Android auto, the 5G, lte, etc will appear depending on what service I'm receiving. It will show at first when disconnect from my car, then goes away.
A mystery I will not solve.
The solid triangle symbol is always there showing strength of the signal just not the 5g, etc.
Not a mystery to be solved , it's stuff you have to be willing to try .

srfoot

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
Hi.
I went to T-Mobile today and they put in a 5g sim free of charge. I see 5g when connected to car. Not when disconnected.
Thank you for the suggestion.
I should now be set for 5g service.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800