Android 12 a little buggy?

THEPRFCT10

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
So I noticed a few things, such as the battery percent is missing from the always on display, I have to push the fingerprint sensor not once but twice to unlock the phone among a few other quirks anybody else??

beantownsouth

Dec 14, 2020
Visit site
So I noticed a few things, such as the battery percent is missing from the always on display, I have to push the fingerprint sensor not once but twice to unlock the phone among a few other quirks anybody else??

You can change it to show percentage in the battery section in settings.

THEPRFCT10

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
You can change it to show percentage in the battery section in settings.
I did that I was referring to the battery percentage showing on the always on display it was an Android 11 it seems to be missing with the update.

I also miss the section under battery settings that said all apps are utilizing battery normally where would give a caution or warning if an app was using too much battery.

Last edited:

jeffoffline

Nov 9, 2015
Visit site
I have battery % on my always on display, it's at the bottom center of screen. This is on a Pixel 5a running Android 12. Fingerprint sensor also works with just one tap.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hopefully Google will squash some of the bugs in upcoming monthly updates. Also, I recall that there's supposed to be a 12.1 update some time in the near future as well with additional features.

THEPRFCT10

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I just tried it numerous times when the screen is locked and I go to unlock my phone by pushing my finger on the fingerprint sensor, instead of unlocking the phone it brings up the lock screen if I subsequently remove my finger and place it down again it doesn't in fact unlock the phone that time I never had to use my finger on the sensor twice to unlock the phone

THEPRFCT10

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Just discovered another possible bigger issue, when the phone is locked and the always on display is on, if I get a text message it wakes the phone up and goes to the home screen and stays on until I either unlock the phone or push the power button to make the screen go off again and locked. Not good.

beantownsouth

Dec 14, 2020
Visit site
I have battery % on my always on display, it's at the bottom center of screen. This is on a Pixel 5a running Android 12. Fingerprint sensor also works with just one tap.

I just checked my P5, always on it's at the bottom of the display like yours. Same with the finger print reader on both my P5 and my wifes 5a, one tap and we're in.

THEPRFCT10

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
See? No battery icon at the bottom of always on display! Sorry, also couldn't find the edit image to rotate.
301a8d804a35e3a286da2528e04c2a07.jpg

beantownsouth

Dec 14, 2020
Visit site
See? No battery icon at the bottom of always on display! Sorry, also couldn't find the edit image to rotate.
301a8d804a35e3a286da2528e04c2a07.jpg

Ya found another bug IMHO. I just tried in on my wifes P5a5g. If there is a notification showing the battery percentage is there. No notification and poof, battery percentage is gone. The battery percentage is also on the "always on screen". Weird that it's not on the lock screen with the over/under clock.

jeffoffline

Nov 9, 2015
Visit site
have you tried toggling show battery % off and on? I only get the large center clock after a restart, otherwise it's in the top left corner above the weather... not really sure if that means anything...

jeffoffline

Nov 9, 2015
Visit site
Ya found another bug IMHO. I just tried in on my wifes P5a5g. If there is a notification showing the battery percentage is there. No notification and poof, battery percentage is gone. The battery percentage is also on the "always on screen". Weird that it's not on the lock screen with the over/under clock.

oh that's interesting cause i also have the temp from accuweather showing on my lockscreen at all times and when i toggle persistent notification for it off i get the big clock in the center but when it's on the clock goes back to the top left corner. I still had battery % either way but you might be onto something there.

THEPRFCT10

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
I also noticed I have to put my finger on the fingerprint sensor not once but twice to unlock the phone to go to the home screen*** if I do it once, the phone goes to the lock screen and then I have to take my finger off and put it back down on the fingerprint sensor and the phone will in fact unlock and go to the home screen.

Prior to the update using my finger once on the fingerprint sensor would unlock the phone completely and go to the home screen.

THEPRFCT10

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
I found another bug when I asked the Google Assistant for help she completes the task but there is no voice at all All volume is turned up in the phone is not muted this is starting to get frustrating.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
I found another bug when I asked the Google Assistant for help she completes the task but there is no voice at all All volume is turned up in the phone is not muted this is starting to get frustrating.

It sounds like it might possibly be time for the dreaded "after update" factory reset to get things working properly. I always plan on a reset after a major update, and am thankful when I don't have to :eek:

THEPRFCT10

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
It sounds like it might possibly be time for the dreaded "after update" factory reset to get things working properly. I always plan on a reset after a major update, and am thankful when I don't have to :eek:
I'm afraid you're right but I'm going to hold out for November's update--Google via phone told me it's going to be a pretty big update to fix any bugs from the Android 12 update. We shall see.

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I recently discovered several of my frequently contacted people had the notification sound/vibrate set to silent, meaning they were texting me and I was oblivious to it. These are people that have a custom notification sound event that had been working prior to upgrade to Android 12.

I don't know for certain that the upgrade to Android 12 caused their notification to be set to silent but the timing is right and I can't think of what else may have caused it.

I went through my texting history, going back a year or so, checking all my contacts for notification status. I found a couple more that had been set to silent. Curiously, with several people that I haven't texted in months I was unable to check the status of their notification setting. That is, when I'm in an old text conversation and tapping 3-dot menu, tapping Details, then tapping Notifications, is a dead end. Meaning when I tap on Notifications it temporarily lights up then nothing happens--I'm stuck and can't get into that contact's settings.