Pixel "Hold for Me" and Battery Usage

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I had a fun morning. I made calls to the department of motor vehicles and also to my automobile leasing company. Once the calls connected I made my menu choices to direct me to the appropriate department and both entities promised me wait times of over an hour.

This is a job for Pixel Hold for Me!

So I selected Hold for Me and went about my workday. Thanks to Hold for Me I didn't need to listen to elevator music or constantly repeating information dumps or sales pitches from the recorded voice on hold.

I was on hold with the DMV for about 1 hour 40 minutes, then spoke with a representative for about 5 minutes. I was on hold with the leasing company for about 1 hour 15 minutes, then spoke with someone for about 4 minutes.

Previously this morning I had charged my battery to 99%. I checked my GSM battery monitor app after the two phone calls and it was at 72% battery remaining and showed 3 hours 5 minutes of phone time and 1 hour 59 minutes of screen-on time.

That is 27% battery usage in 2 hours screen-on time and the phone engaged for over 3 hours. I consider that to be awesome.