Phone Will Not Retain Extra Dim Setting

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
This problem has been bothering me since I started using this feature. I set my phone on Extra Dim (Settings > Accessibility > Extra Dim) because I set my phone on a stand on my nightstand next my bed and I don't want the usual brightness of the clock on the home screen blaring at me if I wake up in the middle of the night. However, at some point, a couple of days later, a week later, whatever--the phone reverts back to the normal setting. If I check the Extra Dim setting it has been turned off.

I can't figure out why it does this. I have Adaptive Brightness enabled (and have since I got the phone.) I've played around with the screen brightness to see if that automatically removes Extra Dim (it doesn't.)

Anyone know why Extra Dim gets turned off?

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
My phone says "Keep On After Restart", which I had not selected. I've turned that option to "on". I think you may be on to something.

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Ok let's see if this works

Seems to have done the trick. I have powered cycled my phone off/on a few times since I changed the extra dim setting, "Keep On After Restart", and it has maintained the extra dim display at night time in my darkened bedroom.

Thank you.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Seems to have done the trick. I have powered cycled my phone off/on a few times since I changed the extra dim setting, "Keep On After Restart", and it has maintained the extra dim display at night time in my darkened bedroom.

Thank you.
Awesome glad to help