FREE upgrade to Pixel 6a from Pixel 5a*

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Yep, just posting this here because if you have a Pixel 5a in good working condition you can essentially upgrade to the 6a for free (just pay taxes).

The 6a is on promotion through until Monday night (11/28) at 11:59pm PT for $299. If you trade in your Pixel 5a in good working order, you get a credit of..... $299. You do have to pay the total with tax up front, but you get nearly all of it back, leaving your net cost at the tax on $299.

Just wanted to share this here because it's a ridiculously good deal.

5a trade-in value.jpg

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Well, I have a Pixel 5a, my wife has the 6a, and my son has the 6. Thanks for the info but I would not trade my 5a for the 6a. The battery in my 5a is much, much better than the 6a. The fingerprint sensor may be old school back of the phone style, but it is extremely reliable whereas the fingerprint sensor embedded in the screen of the 6a is decent, it does have failures now and again.

The cameras are essentially the same between the 5a and 6a, so no advantage there. There is a difference in camera software with the 6a having magic eraser, which is a cool feature but if I was serious about removing something from a photo I would do it in Photoshop. Also, I expect Google will allow 5a's to get the 6a camera software in a future update.

Scroll rate is the same between the 5a and 6a. I do notice the 90Hz scrolling on my son's 6 to be nicer than my 5a, but it's not a "must have" feature.

The 6a is a slightly smaller phone which I thought I would like but every time I pickup my wife's phone, it's so...small.

I guess I would get one more OS update with the 6a vs. the 5a, but that isn't enough for me to want to trade. I'll have a different phone in 2 or 3 years anyway.

Nope, I wouldn't trade my 5a for a 6a even if it was for free.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol