10/19 Launch Day for the Pixel 6.

AndroidSwede

Oct 10, 2021
Visit site
Guys, I've never PRE-ORDERED phones before so this is a stupid question: Are we in a hurry? Can I get too late? Maybe only first 5000pre-orders are OK before Google or any of their retailers in Europe closes the "door" and I have to wait for release date therefore missing eventual bundles?

jamezr

Trusted Member
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Guys, I've never PRE-ORDERED phones before so this is a stupid question: Are we in a hurry? Can I get too late? Maybe only first 5000pre-orders are OK before Google or any of their retailers in Europe closes the "door" and I have to wait for release date therefore missing eventual bundles?

We are in a hurry so we can get the phone on launch day. Before shipping dates get moved back.
So if you order within an hour of the release time....you pretty much will get the phone on launch day 10/28
Maybe a couple of hours later and it slips to 11/05
Maybe a day later and shipping slips to 11/12 and so forth.

ezdoit

Sep 20, 2019
Visit site
We are in a hurry so we can get the phone on launch day. Before shipping dates get moved back.
So if you order within an hour of the release time....you pretty much will get the phone on launch day 10/28

With the current state of shipping things, I wouldn't make any predictions as to when phones will ship or be received.
If the past is any indication, when you order quite often doesn't relate to when you get it.

It gonna get real interesting here in the not too distant future - get your credit cards ready and let the games begin.

Torisen1

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
My Google store financing is all ready, paid off my 5 and the rest of the 4xl last December with that stimulus check.

AndroidSwede

Oct 10, 2021
Visit site

Thank you, man. I appreciate the detailed reply

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Signed into Google account/Google financing has zero balance. I’ll be taking an extended lunch tomorrow and smashing that F5 to preorder the cloudy white 6Pro

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Signed into Google account/Google financing has zero balance. I’ll be taking an extended lunch tomorrow and smashing that F5 to preorder the cloudy white 6Pro

Hey HEY HEY!!! That's what I'm going to do!! Cloudy White all day! I do wish it had a orange pwr button, but I'll still take it.

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Hey HEY HEY!!! That's what I'm going to do!! Cloudy White all day! I do wish it had a orange pwr button, but I'll still take it.

Hahahaha, yeah a little orange splash would be nice but like you, I’ll take it. Already have a case from Spigen and I’ll grab a cheap tempered glass from Amazon

ezdoit

Sep 20, 2019
Visit site
I'm thinking a Kinda Coral P6, will check out the Stormy Black also. If I were getting a Pro, I too would go for the Cloudy White.

Last edited:

ezdoit

Sep 20, 2019
Visit site
Looking at these 6 phones, the white Pro stands out most to me. I may have to spring for the extra bucks and get it, along with a Pro case - I hate it when this happens.

Thanks to those of you who mentioned the white Pro - thanks a lot - a couple hundred dollars a lot - :cool:

6.jpg
Pro.jpg

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
How quickly the delay on shipping grows relative to how fast you order will depend on how much stock Google has reserved for it's own store. With them pushing hard to sell these through carriers as well (I remember reading about sales incentive programs for carriers, which is critical), those carriers may be demanding a fairly sizeable amount of stock as well. We'll just have to hope that Google has ordered and been able to receive a very large number.

In the past, after a day or two, I've seen these orders slip back several weeks. With all of the hype and advertising, it's not just the pixel enthusiasts that will be ordering this time, but possibly a much larger group.

One tip I'll throw out here that worked for me with the pixel 3 XL was to order through Google fi. Compared to the estimated ship date Google store provided, ordering at the same time through fi got it to me 2 weeks earlier. And at least at that point, you didn't actually have to activate through fi.

I really wish they had the red version on the pro. With that unavailable, I'll be going with the white.

Torisen1

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
How quickly the delay on shipping grows relative to how fast you order will depend on how much stock Google has reserved for it's own store. With them pushing hard to sell these through carriers as well (I remember reading about sales incentive programs for carriers, which is critical), those carriers may be demanding a fairly sizeable amount of stock as well. We'll just have to hope that Google has ordered and been able to receive a very large number.

In the past, after a day or two, I've seen these orders slip back several weeks. With all of the hype and advertising, it's not just the pixel enthusiasts that will be ordering this time, but possibly a much larger group.

One tip I'll throw out here that worked for me with the pixel 3 XL was to order through Google fi. Compared to the estimated ship date Google store provided, ordering at the same time through fi got it to me 2 weeks earlier. And at least at that point, you didn't actually have to activate through fi.

I really wish they had the red version on the pro. With that unavailable, I'll be going with the white.

Unfortunately Google financing doesn't work with Fi, at least it never has with me.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463