Which power brick will you buy for Pixel 6 pro?

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
If you want the fastest charging, Google will surely have an option (when their site is functional again), but I'd look at Anker. They tend to have some of the best and smallest (GAN) chargers, and for less money.

Personally, I plan on staying with my relatively "slow" 18w charger when I need a quick top-up, and 5w for overnight. No matter how well managed, higher charging = greater heat, and greater heat = faster battery degradation. Hoping to convince myself to stay with this phone for 3 years or so, and using the 33w charger regularly will result in substantially greater capacity loss over that time.

pseudoware

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
My OnePlus Nord N10 came with a 30W charger. Super fast. Gonna save some money and stick with that, and I'll occasionally leach off my wife's wireless charger.

Edit: I just can't stop giving Google my money. Just bought the 30W adapter from the Play Store.

Last edited:

Chex313

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I am just using my old ones. I charge my phone while I drive in the car 20 minute drive is plenty. Have a Pixelbook rated charger in the 2 rooms I hang out in and do not much care if there is something faster. I pretty much ignore my battery, and always have. It is one of the least important things to me.

ezdoit

Sep 20, 2019
Visit site
I intend to use the Pixel Stand I got several Pixels ago - on the stand at night - off in the morning - never failed me yet.

anthonium

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I have a laptop with a pretty nice USB C power brick. Would using this somewhat damage the battery? Otherwise I have plenty of 18W bricks around. I don't NEED fast charging especially if it ultimately takes a hit on battery health.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
If you want the fastest charging, Google will surely have an option (when their site is functional again), but I'd look at Anker. They tend to have some of the best and smallest (GAN) chargers, and for less money.

Personally, I plan on staying with my relatively "slow" 18w charger when I need a quick top-up, and 5w for overnight. No matter how well managed, higher charging = greater heat, and greater heat = faster battery degradation. Hoping to convince myself to stay with this phone for 3 years or so, and using the 33w charger regularly will result in substantially greater capacity loss over that time.

^^This^^

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Do we know what standard it is? Normal PD or PPS?

Doesn't actually matter, I'm not buying a new charger. I've got a 25W Samsung PPS one and a 45W MU One. Neither of which I intend to use. I'll likely charger at 9W on a wireless duo pad.

harbinger007

Oct 21, 2021
Visit site
I ordered the 30w Google brick. I have an international trip planned for next month and probably will take it as well as a slower charger for when I am charging overnight.

Question: My car has a USB charger that connects to the car's system but it seems to not have worked well with my Pixel 3XL. Phone would overheat at times and much of the time when I was using phone for navigation it wasn't charging fast enough. I have a pair of 12v outlets also and was thinking I should buy a 12v charger. Can anyone give me a recommendation for a 12v car charger? Thanks

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nephalem42