Which power brick will you buy for Pixel 6 pro?

firebirder

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Yup. Google is a trillion dollar company and they are too cheap to put a 50 cent charger in with the phone.

Though I do agree with you, their way makes better sense from the company perspective. Google is a company, a rich one, whose goal is to make money. That is honestly their top goal, despite whatever. So why include a free charger when you can sell it for $25?

Anyway, I bout the 30W google charger. And I will but the new pixel stand when released. Yeah, I've got old ones/different ones laying around, but the extra speed is nice when in a hurry.

Prath09

Oct 26, 2017
Visit site
Yup. Google is a trillion dollar company and they are too cheap to put a 50 cent charger in with the phone.

well...I Prefer this cause it seems they passed on the cost savings unlike Apple and Samsung. The phones cost way less than expected. now with the savings you can get a charger if you need it or use the ones you already have and pocket the extra money.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
More likely they'll throw in neither, just be glad you're getting a box.

This reminds me of the days when us AT&T users were up in arms because AT&T was giving us their cheap trash boxes instead of the nice ones from Samsung. That brings back nightmares.

nelamvr6

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I bought the 45w charger Google was selling a few years ago, will this give me the top charging speeds or is there some special hand-shaking that has to happen to get the fast charging speeds?

In case anyone's interested, the 45 watt Google charger I bought a few years ago charges my 6 Pro just as fast as my new Anker GaN charger...

popartist

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Right now I am going to use my older Pixel charger but as soon as my Google One credit from buying the 6 Pro posts, I am going to pick up the 30w brick.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
The Google fast charger for the 6 line is only $25, I was surprised how cheap it is. I'm not a fan of leaving the charger out of the box, but with the prices I'm okay paying $25 extra for the charger. Pay attention Apple and Samsung ;)

subguy812

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
Using my Samsung 25W, it does okay. The Pixel does not charge as quickly as my S21 Ultra. I have turned off adaptive charge.

Smokeaire01

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
I have Anker chargers that I'll use but I will see how the P6 Pro does on the charger that came with my Pixel 4a just for s&g.

Climb14er

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
The Anker 30w Nano unfortunately does not charge the 6Pro quicker than the 18w Nano. Overall... MUCH slower than charging my Samsung phones!

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
The Anker 30w Nano unfortunately does not charge the 6Pro quicker than the 18w Nano. Overall... MUCH slower than charging my Samsung phones!

Evidently simply having a 30w PD charge isn't enough. It needs to be PD 3.0 and support PPS. The Anker Nano II 30W charger should be fine.

nelamvr6

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Evidently simply having a 30w PD charge isn't enough. It needs to be PD 3.0 and support PPS. The Anker Nano II 30W charger should be fine.

This is the one that I bought and so far, it's been fine. I was surprised at how small it is. But it never feels too warm.

I have the official Google 30w charger on order, once it arrives I can compare the two to see if one charges faster than the other...