Which 6 Pro case are you getting?

Sullie714

May 9, 2014
Visit site
Has Anyone found a case with COMPLETE screen edge/sides protection? The only case I have found with complete protection is the Otterbox Defender, every other case I have seen has no protection for the screen edges, just at the top and bottom of phone. I am trying to find a case for this phone that has less bulk than the defender but am not finding ANY with screen protection from drops. Does anyone know of a case that protects the entire perimeter of the phone?

dleavins

Oct 24, 2018
Visit site
For now I have settled on the Google case with Shield IQ film screen protector. I had a pretty bad drop yesterday (4 feet on broken pavement while walking-- the phone bounced off my leg and then hit the pavement hard). Not a scratch or mark anywhere on the screen or the phone itself. Only little marks on 2 places on the case where the phone hit the pavement. (I have to look hard to see them.)

So far so good.

subguy812

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
Has Anyone found a case with COMPLETE screen edge/sides protection? The only case I have found with complete protection is the Otterbox Defender, every other case I have seen has no protection for the screen edges, just at the top and bottom of phone. I am trying to find a case for this phone that has less bulk than the defender but am not finding ANY with screen protection from drops. Does anyone know of a case that protects the entire perimeter of the phone?

My Ghostek Covert case is higher than the edges

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
I had the stormy white case and after nearly two months, I'd say not to get it.

It gets dirty very easily and it becomes extremely hard to clean the case. Now it seems to have a permanent brown hue to it which just looks dirty on the phone (I have the white 6 Pro).

I have the stormy grey one which I just got recently, so hopefully that doesn't look awful in a couple of months, otherwise I'll just go to a back spigen case or something.

Plus the Google cases are so slippery. There's no grip to them.

worldspy99

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
I had the stormy white case and after nearly two months, I'd say not to get it.

It gets dirty very easily and it becomes extremely hard to clean the case. Now it seems to have a permanent brown hue to it which just looks dirty on the phone (I have the white 6 Pro).

I have the stormy grey one which I just got recently, so hopefully that doesn't look awful in a couple of months, otherwise I'll just go to a back spigen case or something.

Plus the Google cases are so slippery. There's no grip to them.
Yeah I got the Google case for the 5a and it has zero grip as well. Right now my favorite case is a knock off Chinese one. I have used these type of cases since the Pixel 2 series. I wish Ringke would continue to make their clear cases, they were my favorite even if they yellowed after about a year or so.

srvctec

May 29, 2011
Visit site

My Incipio Grip does come up above the side edges ever-so-slightly (when viewing the phone directly from the sides) and of course each end is quite a bit higher.

It's my favorite case of all the cases I've ever used on a phone to date. Fantastic protection and unbelievable grip around all the edges. I really can't imagine a better case for me but I prefer really grippy and protective cases. I'm not a fan of the ultra bulky Otterbox Defender cases or any of their other offerings TBH, at least on my previous phone, the Samsung Note 8. I haven't tried them for years, though.

Aflaaaak

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
My Incipio Grip does come up above the side edges ever-so-slightly (when viewing the phone directly from the sides) and of course each end is quite a bit higher.

It's my favorite case of all the cases I've ever used on a phone to date. Fantastic protection and unbelievable grip around all the edges. I really can't imagine a better case for me but I prefer really grippy and protective cases. I'm not a fan of the ultra bulky Otterbox Defender cases or any of their other offerings TBH, at least on my previous phone, the Samsung Note 8. I haven't tried them for years, though.

I put a Defender on my LG G4 and now a real PITA to get out of my pocket because of that bulk.

The Incipio Grip looks like it protects the curved screen edges of the Pro really well, but the texture of the sides will make it tough to pull out of a front jeans pocket.

srvctec

May 29, 2011
Visit site
I put a Defender on my LG G4 and now a real PITA to get out of my pocket because of that bulk.

The Incipio Grip looks like it protects the curved screen edges of the Pro really well, but the texture of the sides will make it tough to pull out of a front jeans pocket.

No idea about pulling it out of a jeans pocket. I don't wear jeans much at all anymore and don't carry any phone for the last 20 years in my pockets. I've always used a holster for phones.

The grip on the edges of the Incipio Grip isn't sticky, though, like what the OtterBox was like (maybe still is) years ago. The raised grip is I think, TPU or some other sort of rubbery substance but not sticky like soft rubber, if that makes any sense. It gets its fantastic grip just because of the shape and height of the protrusions. The back is plastic, so at least it wouldn't grab when pulling it out of a jeans pocket.

midnightrider20

Feb 11, 2020
Visit site
anyone here using Otterbox symmetry clear case? I wonder how thick it is.
been choosing between this and rhinoshield and waiting for the mous case as well.
currently using symmetry (black) on my Note20 ultra and i like it. not that bulky for me.

midnightrider20

Feb 11, 2020
Visit site
after spending half day on what case to get, decided to buy Pelican case for the 6 pro cloud white.
my options were: rhinoshield, incipio, otterbox symmetry, gear4 and uag scout.

wanted a slim protective case. couldn't go with clear cases because I don't like the bubble look at front. other cases mentioned have bad reviews, slippery etc. so I guess the pelican case would be the best compromise for me. will post pics later at January when my 6 Pro arrives

slyguy0

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Didn't consider Ghostek? Gonna check out the tech21 Evo Check when it finally becomes available as I've enjoyed them in the past. Tried the Ringke Fusion matte, but I don't feel that it's protective enough for outside drops. In the meantime I've been happy with the Ghostek Covert 5.

midnightrider20

Feb 11, 2020
Visit site
I did consider ghostek but just not my type. My experience with tech21 evo check is bad but for my Note20U only. the sides are too loose for me especially when scrolling on the sides for back function.

ezdoit

Sep 20, 2019
Visit site
Spigen Ultra Hybrid Designed for Google Pixel 6 and Pro - Matte Black - have this case on both 6 and 6P right now