Can you use tempered glass screen protector with P6 fingerprint reader?

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I have had to use film screen protectors on my Galaxy S21 to accommodate the ultrasonic fingerprint sensor. I notice that the Pixel 6 Pro fingerprint sensor is optical (right?). Does this mean you can use a tempered glass protector with it?

This assumes they make glass protectors for the Pro's screen. I'm not seeing any right now. Just for the 6.

Thanks!

pseudoware

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
My S20 FE is the rare (only?) Samsung phone with an optical under-display fingerprint sensor, and it worked with a tempered glass screen protector.

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
If I remember correctly Dr k my Moto Z4 days with an optical FPS, glass worked better than plastic. I never had good luck with either type on that phone and took them all off after a few days and never had issues with it reading a finger.

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
$60. Ouch. But it's a good sign that it's possible to make one for the P6 Pro curved screen.
Yes invisible shield has been tremendously increasing in price(although they were never cheap). Guess they figure since they're the #1 screen protector provider they can charge as much as Whitestone does.

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I have had to use film screen protectors on my Galaxy S21 to accommodate the ultrasonic fingerprint sensor. I notice that the Pixel 6 Pro fingerprint sensor is optical (right?). Does this mean you can use a tempered glass protector with it?

This assumes they make glass protectors for the Pro's screen. I'm not seeing any right now. Just for the 6.

Thanks!

Yes, being an optical scanner, t will work fine. Just make sure that you set up and scan your fingerprints after you've installed the screen protector.

Infrared fingerprint sensors are a little trickier, and don't work with all types of tempered glass.

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I ordered and received a film protector thinking it was the same as my S21 which does not work well with glass. I guess I'll give it a try but film protectors kind of... suck. They get harder and harder to keep clean and you basically need to replace them every month because the area around the fingerprint sensor is worn. I'll be keeping an eye out for glass that's a little cheaper.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC