Dolby support

TheAngryToaster

Sep 14, 2020
Visit site
Do we know if the pixel 6 pro is going to have actually audio support, mainly would be dolby atmos.

I tried the pixel 5 and well the output for music listening was pure garbage. I hope that isn't the case on their pro phone otherwise it gets returned.

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
I have a pixel 5 and the audio isn't pure garbage sounds great when i listen to YouTube music, watch Netflix & YouTube.

TheAngryToaster

Sep 14, 2020
Visit site
lPhone 13 specs say it supports Atmos, scratching head
That is a requirement for spatial audio and apple music. It only makes sense for iPhone to support this.

Since my s21 has dolby atmos it also supports spatial audio with apple music. That is the key thing behind why I am wondering this. For myself there is a noticeable difference with spatial audio.

For those wondering I use airpod pros with my s21 all the features do work like noise canceling and transparency mode.

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
That is a requirement for spatial audio and apple music. It only makes sense for iPhone to support this.

Since my s21 has dolby atmos it also supports spatial audio with apple music. That is the key thing behind why I am wondering this. For myself there is a noticeable difference with spatial audio.

For those wondering I use airpod pros with my s21 all the features do work like noise canceling and transparency mode.
I was curious about that as I do like apple music. Don't see myself with airpods, but do like the lossless support.

CHILLYWILL_95831

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
When compared to the s21 which has dolby atmos and adapt sound, it really is pretty bad.

Dolby Atmos and adapt sound are both gimmicks on the s21 ultra. You literally can not hear a difference with either function deactivated. Don't believe? Blind test it and see for yourself. Make sure you're being honest when you test. And, is there any way to stop hearing about Sammy and apple on the Google thread?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Dolby Atmos and adapt sound are both gimmicks on the s21 ultra. You literally can not hear a difference with either function deactivated. Don't believe? Blind test it and see for yourself. Make sure you're being honest when you test. And, is there any way to stop hearing about Sammy and apple on the Google thread?
I can hear the difference with it on or off , not a gimmick.

TheAngryToaster

Sep 14, 2020
Visit site
There is a noticable difference between them. Maybe not on some garbage earbuds you got at a gas station. Setting up the adapt sound in a quiet room with noise cancelling headphones makes an insane difference. It's also noticable in my car with a 12 speaker premium audio system as well.

There are always people that can't really tell a difference with these features. My son doesn't hear a difference with dolby and adapt sound.

If you were to ask me about camera features I would say they are all pretty gimmicky and useless. To me they pretty much all look the same. Doesn't mean they don't make a difference to some one else.

TheAngryToaster

Sep 14, 2020
Visit site
For those wondering the answer is no dolby support which is a bummer. My 6 pro was delivered Friday didn't get home till Saturday. Doing the audio car test here in a few, crossing my fingers that it's more dialed in.

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Can definitely hear a difference. Same as on my tab S7+. It's more tuned.

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
There is a noticable difference between them. Maybe not on some garbage earbuds you got at a gas station. Setting up the adapt sound in a quiet room with noise cancelling headphones makes an insane difference. It's also noticable in my car with a 12 speaker premium audio system as well.

There are always people that can't really tell a difference with these features. My son doesn't hear a difference with dolby and adapt sound.

If you were to ask me about camera features I would say they are all pretty gimmicky and useless. To me they pretty much all look the same. Doesn't mean they don't make a difference to some one else.
Yes the adpat sound makes a huge difference (didn't think it would when I first tried it). I feel that I have excellent hearing and was surprised when they had a beep or two that I couldn't hear.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Adapt sound makes pretty much no difference to me, but I'd feel like a **** calling it a gimmick.

My hearing is almost perfect, but if someone has hearing loss and it enables them to hear stuff better, that's actually incredibly cool.

Last edited:

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Adapt sound makes pretty much no difference to me, but I'd feel like a **** calling it a gimmick.

My heating is almost perfect, but if someone has hearing loss and it enables them to hear stuff better, that's actually incredibly cool.
Someone with good hearing in both ears such as yourself won't notice Adapt sound , Dolby if you have good hearing is noticeable difference.Screenshot_20211031-200533_SoundAlive.jpgScreenshot_20211031-200501_Adapt%20sound.jpg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance