HDMI Out?

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Rumors have it the next Note will be a s22 ultra note
They have nothing to compete with Pixel nor iPhone right now when needed. The FE should have come out last week. The S22 needs to come out sooner than usual to give premium Android users an alternative.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
They have nothing to compete with Pixel nor iPhone right now when needed. The FE should have come out last week. The S22 needs to come out sooner than usual to give premium Android users an alternative.
They have the chip shortage going on so that plays a roll with current covid19 also but Samsung not worried about Google threat wise.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
They have the chip shortage going on so that plays a roll with current covid19 also but Samsung not worried about Google threat wise.
"Not worried" are the final words of too many spokesmen of failing companies. I work with young people and they all have an iPhone or cheep old Android phone with broken screen saving up for an iPhone. It's seems cultural among them.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I read this on Google. True or false?

Pixel 5 has MHL(mobile high definition link) to HDMI out support. Therefore, with a USB C MHL to HDMI cable, we can share the Pixel 5 screen with a TV, monitor, or projector.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
"Not worried" are the final words of too many spokesmen of failing companies. I work with young people and they all have an iPhone or cheep old Android phone with broken screen saving up for an iPhone. It's seems cultural among them.
They not the ones Samsung worries about its these Chinese phones eating away at their profits .

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I read this on Google. True or false?

Pixel 5 has MHL(mobile high definition link) to HDMI out support. Therefore, with a USB C MHL to HDMI cable, we can share the Pixel 5 screen with a TV, monitor, or projector.
I have the pixel 5 but not the cable to test it out

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I don't think any Pixel phones support native HDMI output via USB-C. You have to use a dock: https://support.google.com/pixelphone/answer/2865484?hl=en
I asked the manufacturer of the dock but they said I could only show my own pics and vids or email etc but Netflix and other sites with copyrighted material would just be black screen with audio.

It might work in AOSP but I'm not going to root any more phones.

spARTacus

Sep 9, 2018
Visit site
There are tons of "generic USB to HDMI" adapters for phones/tablets. I assumed that almost all Android phones/tablets supported HDMI out via USB, and was almost about to buy one.

So some Android phones/tablets don't support it?

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
There are tons of "generic USB to HDMI" adapters for phones/tablets. I assumed that almost all Android phones/tablets supported HDMI out via USB, and was almost about to buy one.

So some Android phones/tablets don't support it?
None of the Pixels do. I assume the iPhone doesn't. My Note9 does. My LGV20 did. Even before usb c I had Android phones that did

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12