11-22-2021 12:26 AM
39 12
tools
    I think most people order pixel pro and I agree pixel 6 pro is bigger , better screen , better battery but for me I really like the normal pixel 6 ..I like matte aluminum frame and flat screen ..fun color and i feel like regular 6 is look more like google phone while the pro is look very similar to Samsung or oneplus phone to me.

anyone get pixel 6 please share why u pick the 6 instead of 6 pro.
    10-22-2021 01:09 PM
    I chose the 6 over the 6 Pro because the additional features on the Pro weren't worth the additional cost to me.
    Ranjen617, J Dubbs and GoNavy79 like this.
    10-22-2021 01:15 PM
    I want but can't justify when I have a new fold 3 lol 🤣 but really want to go back to stock Google and so happy they put some ram in that b!+¢π finally
    10-22-2021 01:17 PM
    I think most people order pixel pro and I agree pixel 6 pro is bigger , better screen , better battery but for me I really like the normal pixel 6 ..I like matte aluminum frame and flat screen ..fun color and i feel like regular 6 is look more like google phone while the pro is look very similar to Samsung or oneplus phone to me.

anyone get pixel 6 please share why u pick the 6 instead of 6 pro.
    I chose the regular 6 for these reasons.
    1) Flat screen
    2) Smaller than 6pro
    3) Matte rails
    4) Nice bezels
    5) I don't need the extra camera stuff
    6) I don't need 120hz refresh or 1440 resolution
    7) $300 less than the pro

Google COULD have shafted us on the price if they wanted to. In fact, I thought they were going to. But instead they gave us a smokin' deal. Thank you, Google.
    10-22-2021 01:28 PM
    The price is right!

I chose the 6 over the pro because I tend to upgrade phones often and it's less expensive for me to do so with a less expensive phone. For my specific use the features on the pro model would go to waste. I too prefer a flat screen and a somewhat manageable size of a phone. Finally the colors just seemed much more fun. This time around I chose to avoid black as I usually choose this color and went for seafoam instead. I hope it looks good in person!
    J Dubbs and GoNavy79 like this.
    10-22-2021 01:51 PM
    I asked this in another thread but since it's labeled "Verizon" it might not get seen as much.

When ordering from the Google store, can you put so much down and just finance the rest or do they require an all or nothing type deal when it comes to financing?
    10-22-2021 02:40 PM
    I asked this in another thread but since it's labeled "Verizon" it might not get seen as much.

When ordering from the Google store, can you put so much down and just finance the rest or do they require an all or nothing type deal when it comes to financing?
    There's no down payment option. You either pay with card all at once or finance the amount. The good thing about finance is that it's similar to the payment plan with your carrier. Just pay fixed amount on monthly basis. There's no advantage to paying a large amount in advance when you finance aside from getting out of a debt faster, which is a good thing itself and may suit your needs. There is a hard credit check though. I used it with my first Pixel but now I just pay the whole thing at once and sell my previous device to cut down the cost.
    10-22-2021 03:20 PM
    I went with the P6 Pro because what the heck. I do use zoom more than I thought with my Pixel 4a so I really want to see what the zoom on the Pro will do. I like the bigger battery.
    I choose the Stormy Black with the black matte stainless sides being a plus.
    I know it's expensive but for reasons I won't go into this might be the only time I'll be able to go full hog on a phone and not take a hit on the wallet.
    J Dubbs likes this.
    10-22-2021 03:54 PM
    I went with the P6 Pro because what the heck. I do use zoom more than I thought with my Pixel 4a so I really want to see what the zoom on the Pro will do. I like the bigger battery.
    I know it's expensive but for reasons I won't go into this might be the only time I'll be able to go full hog on a phone and not take a hit on the wallet.

Good for you - sometimes you just gotta go for it!
    J Dubbs and brosko like this.
    10-22-2021 04:02 PM
    There's no down payment option. You either pay with card all at once or finance the amount.
    Correct
    10-22-2021 04:23 PM
    Congrats!!!
    J Dubbs likes this.
    10-22-2021 04:29 PM
    I chose the Regular pixel 6 because it will be my secondary phone to my Fold³ and I don't need it for the camera as I rarely take pictures.
    10-22-2021 04:59 PM
    There's no down payment option. You either pay with card all at once or finance the amount. The good thing about finance is that it's similar to the payment plan with your carrier. Just pay fixed amount on monthly basis. There's no advantage to paying a large amount in advance when you finance aside from getting out of a debt faster, which is a good thing itself and may suit your needs. There is a hard credit check though. I used it with my first Pixel but now I just pay the whole thing at once and sell my previous device to cut down the cost.
    Thanks for the info. I'm getting mine Black Friday so I try to limit huge chunks of cash if I can lol. I'm giving my old device to my mom so I can't do what you do which is absolutely what I'd normally do. I have my 3XL but I doubt there'll be much trade-in value. At least I have time to think about it lol. Thanks again!!
    10-22-2021 05:37 PM
    Thanks for the info. I'm getting mine Black Friday so I try to limit huge chunks of cash if I can lol. I'm giving my old device to my mom so I can't do what you do which is absolutely what I'd normally do. I have my 3XL but I doubt there'll be much trade-in value. At least I have time to think about it lol. Thanks again!!
    I tend to sell my phone on Swappa for a better cash payout as opposed to trade in.
    mookiekillsit likes this.
    10-22-2021 05:44 PM
    Just stop at Best buy to see the pixel 6 and it's look really nice in hand.. I like the square design and the bazel is not that big in real life ..(just little bit bigger than the pro) after seeing the pixel 6 it's make me more exciting to get mine next week.Anyone order Pixel6?-pxl_20211022_221601991.jpg
    ezdoit and bkdodger2 like this.
    10-22-2021 06:24 PM
    I got the 6 because of the price and because I really don’t need the extra camera features. I usually always opt for the high end model of phones..iPhone 12 Pro Max, S21 Ultra etc. But those extra camera features, I very seldom use especially the telephoto lens.

Also based on a few size comparisons, the 6 Pro and iPhone 13 Pro Max is similar in size. The iPhone 13 Pro Max is a huge phone to me, which creates challenges with putting it in a pocket. Which is another reason I went with the regular iPhone 13 Pro and Pixel 6.
    10-23-2021 05:11 AM
    I got the 6 Pro. Had to get stormy black and 128GB as that was all that was available. But I am happy with my purchase. Tried to get Google financing through Klarna. They gave me enough credit limit and then declined the transaction. So I got it from Curry's using my husband's credit plan. Interest bearing unfortunately but I will try and pay it off more quickly.
    mgbosshogg likes this.
    10-23-2021 05:50 AM
    Just stop at Best buy to see the pixel 6 and it's look really nice in hand.. I like the square design and the bazel is not that big in real life ..(just little bit bigger than the pro) after seeing the pixel 6 it's make me more exciting to get mine next week.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20211022_221601991.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	70.2 KB 
ID:	338062
    Since I have to go to Best Buy to get a new keyboard I will definitely be making a beeline for the Pixel 6 display. I might even take a few pictures.
    mgbosshogg likes this.
    10-23-2021 05:56 AM
    I got the 6 Pro. Had to get stormy black and 128GB as that was all that was available. But I am happy with my purchase. Tried to get Google financing through Klarna. They gave me enough credit limit and then declined the transaction. So I got it from Curry's using my husband's credit plan. Interest bearing unfortunately but I will try and pay it off more quickly.
    Ohhh nice. Congrats miss Cat , hopefully see you on picture forum shortly.
    Kizzy Catwoman likes this.
    10-23-2021 06:52 AM
    Ohhh nice. Congrats miss Cat , hopefully see you on picture forum shortly.
    Thanks so much. Really with £349 worth of free Bose headphones the phone is just £500 so an absolute bargain!! And my hubby is really happy to upgrade his Sennheiser Momentum 2 to the Bose 700.
    10-23-2021 08:31 AM
    Just stop at Best buy to see the pixel 6 and it's look really nice in hand.. I like the square design and the bazel is not that big in real life ..(just little bit bigger than the pro) after seeing the pixel 6 it's make me more exciting to get mine next week.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20211022_221601991.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	70.2 KB 
ID:	338062
    Looks almost identical to my S20 FE. I like stock Android but Will definitely wait for reviews before ordering. Almost seems like it would be a lateral move for me other than slightly better cameras.
    10-23-2021 08:32 AM
    So in all of the confusion on pre-order/Event day I failed to notice that the free Pixel Buds was missing when I ordered the Pixel 6 Pro Fi version from Google Store.
    So this morning I went to Store support chat. I was 16 in line. When I finally got connected I received a $10 credit because of the wait. Anyway the end result is that when the phone ships I'll receive an email with instructions on getting the free buds. Not bad.
    I did get a $26 credit for ordering the phone. So that's $36 total credit. Maybe I'll use it for a charger or case.
    C'mon the 28th!
    bkdodger2 likes this.
    10-23-2021 08:50 AM
    I ordered both, the Pixel 6 will be for my daughter who doesn't want a big phone. I am used to phones like the Nexus 6 and Pixel 2 XL but do really like my Pixel 5 size and the way it fits in my pocket...So I am not even sure I will keep it. 90% I will but will keep an open mind. I might give it to my brother for a Xmas present if I really dislike it's size. I am not sure why I ordered it...Really like my P5...

I will use the telephoto on the bigger phone as there is always some interesting wildlife in my backyard or out on the golf course and as an old man I may be able to read better on the bigger screen. Tho I already have things sized on my P5 for that.

Typical American consumer getting things I do not need. I do love my tech tho...I still build a new PC every year just because it's fun...and getting a new phone is pretty much the same.

I never thought a foldable would be for me but if Google makes a foldable as good as the Galaxy Z Flip I'll get one. The Moto Razr was one my favorites and it is what I was using until the first iphone came out. Looking back it has been over 30 years since I got my first cell phone. I do not count the bag phones from the late 80's as the were not portable.
    10-23-2021 09:24 AM
    Just got back from Best Buy. Here's my P6P/Pro comparison photo. The Pixel 6 is on the right and the Pro on the left. Holding both there really wasn't that big of a difference. The Pro is the Stormy Black...which is actually a grey. I think the 6 was too but I was paying more attention to the Pro Stormy Black since that's what I ordered.
    My concern was will the Pro fit in the same car holder as our Pixel 4a or will I have to get a different one. My wife has the Pixel 4a and I really don't want to have two phone holders on my dash. Without a case I think the Pro will fit.. barely. Hope so.
    ezdoit and bkdodger2 like this.
    10-23-2021 12:31 PM
    That is why I use a magnetic mount...Size of phone doesn't matter.
    10-23-2021 05:30 PM
39 12