Clean install or backup?

Chex313

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I use the backup and than import my Nova backup to get my folders back. Have done this for the last 4 phones. It was actually the last 6 but 2 of them P3 and 4a I passed on to wife and kid as I did decided to keep my Pixel 2 XL both times. The Pixel 5 with the 5G was finally enough to move on.

I am the rare cat who has never had an issue with any Nexus or Pixel. I still laugh at the folks who thought there was something wrong with the Pixel 2 XL's screen....That screen looked great on mine.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I use the backup and than import my Nova backup to get my folders back. Have done this for the last 4 phones.

I am the rare cat who has never had an issue with any Nexus or Pixel. I still laugh at the folks who thought there was something wrong with the Pixel 2 XL's screen....That screen looked great on mine.

I'm with you on that. I recall noticing the slight tint shift on the 2 XL screen when looking at an angle, then completely got used to it a day later.

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 6, 2013
Visit site
Can I inquire as to why you prefer a clean install?
After 30 years of building, selling, and fixing computers/various other electronics I could never NOT do a clean install on a new phone. Shoot I just did a clean install of Android 12 on my Pixel 3XL.
People always wonder why I never have problems with my electronics like they do ... Hmmmm

TheJastrom

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Coming from a 4XL it will be easy peasy to carry over all of my apps and texts from google messenger, I've been doing it since the Pixel 2XL and they make it super easy.

bkdodger2

Jun 3, 2020
Visit site
Well yes I've been using SMS backup Pro for the longest so texts and call logs all come over from current phone... Photos are in Google...

Last edited:

firebirder

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I like the idea of a clean install. Never paid much attention, so I'll look to see if I can just restore phone/text/photos and everything else I can just install from play as needed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol