Pixel 6 & 6 Pro screen protectors

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Not enough... Thought it was releasing when it was actually the screen that did. Now trying to figure out if I want to use 12 pro or 3a XL for the next few days. Forgot how nice the rear FPS is lol
Sorry to hear that:(
Either will do the trick:)

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Right now I'm using a matte screen protector from IQ shield because it doesn't show fingerprints like clear tpu. However, the clarity is degraded so I think I'll be going back to the clear tpu.

Tom Burbridge

Feb 9, 2021
Visit site
Hey there... Thanks for all the advice here... I am waiting for my screen protector... I am a little concerned about the curved corners... fingers crossed

Davidoo

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
I received this today and it did not go well. The directions are horrible, just a few pictures on the envelope the protector is held in. It says you can go to Zagg.com for more detailed instructions, but that doesn't work either as they don't have anything for this particular one. Too new I guess.

There is a plastic guide that you put the P6P in and it has 2 holes at the top and 2 at the bottom so at least you get the alignment right.
The directions say to pull off tab 1 which is on the side that touches the screen, then put it over the 4 holes. The problem is when I did this you had to really stretch it to get the bottom holes to line up if you put the top 2 in first. Of course, while you're messing with that, it is starting to stick to the surface of the phone. The adhesive is very strong. It simply says "apply the protector." Do you start at the top first, bottom, middle? Then after "apply" you are supposed to squeegee out the bubbles. Good luck, I had several large ones and got to the point I was afraid of cracking the P6P glass. On one of them, the bubble actually popped a hole in the protector. I expected more to $50.

So, I put in for a warranty replacement and they are sending me another one. I found there is a Zagg kiosk in a mall near me. I called and they said when the replacement comes in they will put it on for me. Of course, the TPU protector I had on it was ruined when I took it off to put this one on, so going naked for a while.

Davidoo

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
As an update, I received the replacement from Zagg. The people at the mall kiosk were great. They said these are hard to put on, but the manager there didn't even take 1 minute to get it perfectly on my P6P. Not glass, but looks like glass and appears much harder and durable than the TPU I had on it before. The Zagg kiosk stores now have them in stock and I now fully recommend them. Just get them to put it on for you. It cost $10, but well worth it.

Dan_B1979

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
Just fitted the Whitestone Dome screen protector to my new Pixel 6 Pro

Really easy process; watched the videos on YT and away I went; faultless fitting and it works superbly with the fingerprint sensor

miyanc

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
i admit, I didnt read every comment, but I did look tru most. I am late to the party, and just got p6p after demo work on the glass of my s22u. I usually use a slim clear case and I had the original plastic on my note 10 plus for 2.5 years. Never dropped or broke glass on any phones ever. scratches and dings in spots.
So I bought the frosted clear case from google and would like to go tempered glass because, well, I really cant afford to waste more money on another phone. I know wsd is a beast to install and if that goes well people generally like it. My question is does anyone have the wsd with the google case? I am going to go look in the case thread and see if i find a match.
If not, can anyone recommend a tg that fits with the google case. TY

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
i admit, I didnt read every comment, but I did look tru most. I am late to the party, and just got p6p after demo work on the glass of my s22u. I usually use a slim clear case and I had the original plastic on my note 10 plus for 2.5 years. Never dropped or broke glass on any phones ever. scratches and dings in spots.
So I bought the frosted clear case from google and would like to go tempered glass because, well, I really cant afford to waste more money on another phone. I know wsd is a beast to install and if that goes well people generally like it. My question is does anyone have the wsd with the google case? I am going to go look in the case thread and see if i find a match.
If not, can anyone recommend a tg that fits with the google case. TY
Using WSD with stormy black pixel 6 pro case no issues

miyanc

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site

Let me know how the install goes , Im use to it on my Samsung so pixel was no problem.

Have it and my daughter is having a sleepover tonight, not gonna happen until tomorrow.

I am sure I can look it up, but does whitestone give any assurances on screen protection. I think I read they will replace the protector if broken. Also anyone ever brake 1 or 2 and anyone ever get a cracked screen?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Have it and my daughter is having a sleepover tonight, not gonna happen until tomorrow.

I am sure I can look it up, but does whitestone give any assurances on screen protection. I think I read they will replace the protector if broken. Also anyone ever brake 1 or 2 and anyone ever get a cracked screen?
Yeah you just pay 9.99 if I remember but need to register with them , it saved my devices when drop only cracked the protector not the screen

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma