Shop Holiday deals at: Amazon | Walmart | Best Buy | Dell | Samsung

11-29-2021 07:00 PM
109 123 ...
tools
    Report back on what you've ordered and how well their fit is please

I'm sure there's a lot of folk that use screen protectors and for me they're a must as I have rough hands from all the chalk I use whilst training

I'm hanging fire on the 6 Pro until I know decent protectors are available as I've gone through the curved screen protector issues before and it did my nut in!

Until then, I'm sticking with my iPhone 12 Pro Max and it's large, flat screen with a decent tempered glass screen protector fitted
    kenorian likes this.
    10-26-2021 12:17 PM
    I've ordered the Spigen Screen Protector [NeoFlex] designed for Pixel 6 Pro. Will let you know how it goes once the phone and screen protector arrive. I get my daughter to install as she's become a pro screen protector installer lol
    ezdoit and Dan_B1979 like this.
    10-26-2021 12:23 PM
    Curious to know if there are back camera protectors and how this could affect photos.
    stanleybb50 likes this.
    10-26-2021 01:06 PM
    Applied this screen protector, everything works as before including the fingerprint reader, no obvious loss of quality.
    ezdoit, Torisen1 and AnnDroid like this.
    10-27-2021 03:55 PM
    Applied this screen protector, everything works as before including the fingerprint reader, no obvious loss of quality. [IMG=384x510]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20211027/1bcff9a16ee7d44443fbc8b690ba77ae.jpg[/url]
    Be great if you took some pics of the Pixel with it applied
    10-27-2021 04:35 PM
    On the road I'll do it when I get home with my kids phone
    10-27-2021 04:50 PM
    Not sure how well these turned out.
    10-27-2021 05:44 PM
    Curious to know if there are back camera protectors and how this could affect photos.
    I got this, it has cutouts for the camera bits

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B097XSXV4W...cUvbUpU6998325
    10-27-2021 06:26 PM
    How is it for bubbles and slickness?

Is that it peeling already when back in a case?
    10-27-2021 06:58 PM
    It won't let me post a link to Amazon, but I got this one with cutouts for the camera bits. I'll update once it's on my phone
    Attached Thumbnails Pixel 6 & 6 Pro screen protectors-screenshot_20211027-172414_2.jpg  
    10-27-2021 08:27 PM
    They're all cut just a little short to accommodate the edges of the phone. If misaligned during application then an edge might no be fully flat, and in he end, it all depends on the installation - make sure you use the fogged bathroom technique. I'm as anal as the next guy, but after years of using them I don't bother about the 1/4 mm (.00984 inches) that may lift at the edge as usually it's pretty good at at least 3 of the 4 sides.

I also like that many now have the alignment template. I just go for the "3 for $9.00" variety. Also, other than the high names that cost 3 times as much, you have to figure there's only a few manufacturers that actually make these for the 17 dozen vendors that sell them. Oh, and all of them saved butt. Dropped phone and the screen protector cracked by not the screen.

I've found most tempered glass protectors on-line are about the same. - YMMV
    10-27-2021 09:10 PM
    [Made this a sticky]
    Dan_B1979 likes this.
    10-27-2021 09:51 PM
    Not sure how well these turned out. [IMG=360x480]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20211027/7c62ba6dcf273fa238830aa40c7fc5a1.jpg[/url][IMG=480x640]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20211027/29026cbf7eca48e774148d20a81b04a0.jpg[/url][IMG=480x640]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20211027/79992e036565b58ccc9c23afc76cb00e.jpg[/url]
    You have the Pro, correct? How does it seal on the curved edge?
    10-28-2021 05:02 PM
    You have the Pro, correct? How does it seal on the curved edge?
    It does wrap around the curved edges. It's close to 100% coverage and even if it's slightly off I have the phone in a case so the sides are protected
    10-28-2021 05:13 PM
    Anyone find a glass screen protector for the curved screen on the pro? Not a fan of plastic feeling of the flexible ones. If anything I’ll just roll without one.
    Dan_B1979 likes this.
    10-28-2021 08:20 PM
    is this Spigen available in Canada? How did you get it? I ordered Orzero from Amazon and works fine so far, but i like brand names
    10-29-2021 08:27 AM
    I've never been a fan of curved glass screen protectors for phones. They always managed to get some dust or little area where I could see it being that perfect. I'm going without one for this phone and as always being careful with it not to have the screen rub on stuff like in pockets
    ezdoit likes this.
    10-29-2021 09:13 AM
    I thought I had mine set up correctly in the bathroom. However, no matter what I do, at least one of my cats hairs always finds its way underneath. Thankfully I bought a set so I can do it again but its extremely noticeable on this phone when the protector isnt 100%.
    10-29-2021 09:50 AM
    DO NOT buy the screen protector I previously mentioned in this thread. The Spigen neo-flex https://www.spigen.com/products/pixe...ector-neo-flex

There's an issue where the screen protector accidentally sets off the fingerprint scanner and the screen briefly lights up. If you want to use fingerprints and this screen protector you may face issues. If you're only using PIN lock or something else then it's ok.

Just to expand, I was on a support call with Google regarding my screen briefly lighting up, so we tried a bunch of steps, then finally when I disabled all fingerprints and went with a pin code for unlocking, no more issue.
    10-29-2021 10:01 AM
    DO NOT buy the screen protector I previously mentioned in this thread. The Spigen neo-flex https://www.spigen.com/products/pixe...ector-neo-flex

There's an issue where the screen protector accidentally sets off the fingerprint scanner and the screen briefly lights up. If you want to use fingerprints and this screen protector you may face issues. If you're only using PIN lock or something else then it's ok.

Just to expand, I was on a support call with Google regarding my screen briefly lighting up, so we tried a bunch of steps, then finally when I disabled all fingerprints and went with a pin code for unlocking, no more issue.
    Im wondering if this is going to be a more common issue with other screen protectors. Since this underscreen fingerprint sensor is not like the other ones on the market, it might react differently to something on the glass between it and the finger.
    10-29-2021 02:36 PM
    Im wondering if this is going to be a more common issue with other screen protectors. Since this underscreen fingerprint sensor is not like the other ones on the market, it might react differently to something on the glass between it and the finger.
    Could be, I asked if there was an official "google approved" screen protector in the google store but he didn't know of one. The one way to get around it if you REALLY want a screen protector on your Pixel is to not use fingerprints. There's no issue when you use PIN or pattern lock.
    10-29-2021 02:46 PM
    is this Spigen available in Canada? How did you get it? I ordered Orzero from Amazon and works fine so far, but i like brand names
    I got it on Amazon.ca but I wouldn't recommend it now as I was having issues with it interfering with the fingerprint scanner. I still have a slight issue after removing the screen protector where the phone screen lights up without me tapping it but it's way less frequent without the screen protector. I have a support ticket with Google open
    Mathrania likes this.
    10-29-2021 08:38 PM
    See post #8 and #10. Perfect application. I put it on right after removing the paper protector when first unboxed. Wiped down with included alcohol pad and wiped with included cloth. Applied/squeegy'd most of the protector, then removed template and feather out the bubbles and rant the squeegee along the edges. Near perfect
    10-29-2021 08:56 PM
    I have had issues with another brand phone with a curved edge display. The protectors always allowed dust, etc. under the edges where the protector did not seal tight to the curve. Eventually I found one that was a bit smaller than the display so the edges did not go over the curve. It sealed tight but you could see the edge of the screen protector all the way around. Eventually I got used to it and did not notice.

Now people here and on other boards are saying some of the protectors at least do not play well with the finger print sensor. Will have to wait and see what the consensus is specific protectors once more people try them.
    10-30-2021 06:50 PM
    .Now people here and on other boards are saying some of the protectors at least do not play well with the finger print sensor. Will have to wait and see what the consensus is specific protectors once more people try them.
    As it's an optical scanner, I'd be surprised to see much of an issue with a TGSP if people are setting up their fingerprints AFTER installing the SP, and turning on "increased touch sensitivity."

I have a cheap one I'll be trying on my 6 Pro on Monday, will provide link if it works well.

A couple of things I've read people doing that has given them better success have been to register the same fingerprint twice, and to turn off the animations in the settings. Coming from a Galaxy s20fe that only supports three fingerprint entries, and assuming that the pixel still allows for up to 10 to be stored (as was the case with the Pixel 3 XL) I'm hoping that that will do the trick.

In either case, I think it has to at least be good as the s20fe which uses an optical sensor, in which case I'll be okay with it as it was good about 90% of the time - not nearly as good as the capacitive sensor of Pixels past, though.

I get that they wanted to go for an aesthetic improvement by removing the rear fingerprint sensor, but really wish they had just integrated it as a capacitive sensor into the power button. That works flawlessly and easily 100% of the time on my Pixel Slate, offers the aesthetic improvement, and maintains what I believe to be the next best ease of access and ergonomic position.
    RETG and bckrupps like this.
    10-31-2021 01:28 AM
109 123 ...