Uh Oh - Battery Bad News

bkdodger2

Jun 3, 2020
Visit site
Exactly I've had it both ways sometimes a person is telling me they get ridiculous time and I don't see it and sometimes I get great battery life and others struggle. Your cell coverage in the house where you go at work your apps are running oldest top plays into it including your carrier

dhavill

Feb 2, 2016
Visit site
I've had my Pro for 24 hours and the battery performance seems just fine. No concerns and much better than my S20 Plus. On it pretty much constantly yesterday and still had 40 percent left at bedtime. It drained about five percent overnight over 8 hours. It should easily be able to get through a day.

beantownsouth

Dec 14, 2020
Visit site
Go into the Pixel 5 section and go back to the start. Pretty much, the same discussion was going on when they released the P5. Then once we got our hands on it, the Epiphany happened. Once we started to configure the phone as we would use them as a daily driver, everything changed. IIRC we went from "Dagnit, I can only get 8 hours out of the battery." to "Holy smokes, the battery will go 3 days!". Go read my "This battery is a beast" thread. We found out thaat the P5 battery is an Energizer Bunny on steroids.

There are way to many user configuration factors to take it to consideration, before believing any on line review, about battery life.

Last edited:

GoNavy79

Oct 18, 2021
Visit site
I can make my 5a battery last a whole week. And then again, I can kill it in just a few hours. It's all up to the operator. The person pulling the trigger has the greatest culpability. Ya hear that, Alec?

beantownsouth

Dec 14, 2020
Visit site
I've been hammering the phone today setting up apps etc, already have 4hrs screen-on and I'm still over 60% battery

Your post is exactly what I was referring to in my post above yours. Once everyone gets their hands on it, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised on how well it will do.

Did you set it up to use adaptive display? I really don't see a need for it to run a 120 Hz all the time. I use it on my P5 and it drops to 60 Hz. I really can't tell the difference when looking at something like my home screen. Videos are another story and it goes to 90 Hz when watching one.

mzanette

Zee
Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Your post is exactly what I was referring to in my post above yours. Once everyone gets their hands on it, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised on how well it will do.

Did you set it up to use adaptive display? I really don't see a need for it to run a 120 Hz all the time. I use it on my P5 and it drops to 60 Hz. I really can't tell the difference when looking at something like my home screen. Videos are another story and it goes to 90 Hz when watching one.

You mean the "smooth display" option to auto go from 60 to 120? I left that on as it was on by default

kmf1

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Both the P6/P6 Pro have Lithium-Polymer (4614/5003) batteries, instead of Lithium-Ion. I don't know how many current phones use Li-Po batteries. Time will tell if the Li-Po batteries are as efficient and long-lasting.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Both the P6/P6 Pro have Lithium-Polymer (4614/5003) batteries, instead of Lithium-Ion. I don't know how many current phones use Li-Po batteries. Time will tell if the Li-Po batteries are as efficient and long-lasting.

Good to know... thanks ;) I didn't realize the 6 line had a new type of battery.

merlin29

Jan 4, 2015
Visit site
My pixel 4 with 2800 battery was supposed to be bad but lasts a day of my use after two years it’s how you use it, my pixel 6 is arriving tomorrow looking forward to trying it.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I've never gotten 7 hours off of any phone. I don't game but constant use and watch streaming TV shows often.

anon(40376)

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Li-Po batteries have been out for a many years. Pixel 4 series used them for sure. They are not only more efficient and longer lasting,they are easier to form to a specific size for sitting in thinner products, they do not tend to leak electrolytes (unless punctured), less likely to catch fire, better for fast charging, hold charges longer; however, they cost more to manufacture.

Wiley_11

May 10, 2011
Visit site

Li-Po batteries have been in every Pixel phone after the Pixel 2.