First impressions?

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Nothing super serious... Early quirks I expect, plus usual new version stuff (Nova is unusable).

Also some personal preference stuff...I hate the new quick settings, material you theming is a bit basic, but very nice!

Any questions, ask away and I'll do my best.

eak1570

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Nothing super serious... Early quirks I expect, plus usual new version stuff (Nova is unusable).

Also some personal preference stuff...I hate the new quick settings, material you theming is a bit basic, but very nice!

Display brightness?

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site

Hopefully they will add some more theming stuff with updates! Congratulations on your new Pixel 6! Are you using the regular 6 or the Pro?

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Hopefully they will add some more theming stuff with updates! Congratulations on your new Pixel 6! Are you using the regular 6 or the Pro?

That would be nice! I'm not going to complain too much though, as it's a HUGE step in the right direction for theming.

Got the regular, as I'm keeping my S21 ultra.

chevyman29

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Can anybody talk about reception ? Signal strength ?
Mine should be here tomorrow ?????? I'll put it through the ringer and post up

ras47

Mar 21, 2021
Visit site
Adaptive Brightness has been a little wonky for me all along. First on my Pixel 3a XL and now on my Pixel 5. I just set it manually to 75% and its plenty bright.

neil74

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
Standard 6 arrived yesterday. Really like the hardware so far, feels a little like the Pixel 4 in the hand which I like, happy about my decision to go standard over pro. Already clear that the camera is excellent too at least for stills. Other than the internet toggle I also really lke the software too.

The fingerprint sensor is however terrible to the point that I am considering if it is a show stopper for me (especially as there is no face unlock). I have added the same finger 3 times tried turning on the increased screen sensitivity thing and it is just bad, no other way to describe it. I assume it is a hardware issue so not hopeful it will improve with updates but who knows?

I am on the fence, love the phone but can I live wth that FPS day in day out? I have just got so used to them working all the time.

david61983

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
Standard 6 arrived yesterday. Really like the hardware so far, feels a little like the Pixel 4 in the hand which I like, happy about my decision to go standard over pro. Already clear that the camera is excellent too at least for stills. Other than the internet toggle I also really lke the software too.

The fingerprint sensor is however terrible to the point that I am considering if it is a show stopper for me (especially as there is no face unlock). I have added the same finger 3 times tried turning on the increased screen sensitivity thing and it is just bad, no other way to describe it. I assume it is a hardware issue so not hopeful it will improve with updates but who knows?

I am on the fence, love the phone but can I live wth that FPS day in day out? I have just got so used to them working all the time.

Just leave in unlocked all the time. Problem solved. 😉

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
The fingerprint sensor in my Galaxy S10+ is hit and miss. I have gotten used to it over the last 2 years so if the Pixel fps is at all better I will be happy. Although I like the capacitive one on my 4a 5G the in screen option is good for when the phone is lying down. Face unlock never really works for me. I hated it so much on the 4xl that I gave the phone to my husband.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
The fingerprint sensor in my Galaxy S10+ is hit and miss. I have gotten used to it over the last 2 years so if the Pixel fps is at all better I will be happy. Although I like the capacitive one on my 4a 5G the in screen option is good for when the phone is lying down. Face unlock never really works for me. I hated it so much on the 4xl that I gave the phone to my husband.

I agree that Face Unlock can be very handy when your phone is lying down on a flat surface. I *loved* that I could pick up my S10 and it just unlocked for me. I do miss the in-display fingerprint scanner sometimes, though!

Ben_70

May 31, 2017
Visit site

Wow that's disappointing. And I've heard the FPS is poor from a couple of YouTubers that I trust as well. I was considering picking up the 6 pro during Black Fri deal time but if this is the case, then I think I'll just stick with my 4xl for another year. I still really like the 4xl and the face unlock is super fast and reliable for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith