In screen Fingerprint scanner results

bxrider117

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
I read an article on xda that said that if you have changed your animation scale in the developer options to 0.5 or none, then you may be experiencing difficulty with your fingerprint scanner. The article said to change the animation scale back to 1.0 and you'll have less problems with the fingerprint scanner. I tried that myself and since I've changed it back I have not had any problems with the fingerprint scanner. It's still slow but no false registrations at all.

srvctec

May 29, 2011
Visit site
I read an article on xda that said that if you have changed your animation scale in the developer options to 0.5 or none, then you may be experiencing difficulty with your fingerprint scanner. The article said to change the animation scale back to 1.0 and you'll have less problems with the fingerprint scanner. I tried that myself and since I've changed it back I have not had any problems with the fingerprint scanner. It's still slow but no false registrations at all.
That's really weird but good to know. I wonder why that would have anything to do with how the FPS reads prints.

One of the first things I do on a new phone is turn on dev options and disable animations; makes the phone seem so much faster without all the delay for the animations. Hopefully, I'll have my 6P in a few days since it shipped today.

Rodawg71

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
That is not my experience.. I have my animation set to .5 and my fps didn't get worse
Same here. The issue I had (and found out on xda/Reddit) was it would cause the FPS icon on AOD to randomly disappear, causing me to have to use the power button to be able to unlock w/FPS. Back to 1x animations and I'm actually enjoying my phone.

bkdodger2

Jun 3, 2020
Visit site
I have my animations turned off completely. I still have no issues. Most of the time the fingerprint icon is there. If I have it in my pocket and maybe the phone goes to sleep, it might be dark where you would have to wake the phone or raise the phone and then I'm good to go. And I gotta say 95% of the time. Maybe even more. I'm spot on.. moisturize them hands people lol

galaxyfive

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
So I have registered 4 fingerprint scans using my thumb on both right and left hands and I am finding it only works about 70% of the time which is frustrating. If i touch anything that makes my thumb slightly dirty it almost won't work at all. Coming from the 4a 5G which had the fingerprint scanner at the back I must say that use to work 99% of the time.

Interested to hear other people's results and if anyone has any way of improving it?

I think you're doing all the right things. I can share with you that I also have a Samsung S21+ that has about the same recognition rate for me. I live in a cooler climate this time of year and I sometimes wonder if dry skin plays a part. Index or forefinger seem to be more reliable for me with under screen readers.

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Same here. The issue I had (and found out on xda/Reddit) was it would cause the FPS icon on AOD to randomly disappear, causing me to have to use the power button to be able to unlock w/FPS. Back to 1x animations and I'm actually enjoying my phone.

Bingo. Went back to 1.0x on all three animation settings and the fingerprint indicator has yet to disappear or not show on me. Having that target has improved my experience quite a bit! Thanks!

jlarkins08

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
I’ve tried all of that! Turned my animation to 0.5, set both my thumbs twice. I don’t use my index fingers to unlock. The scanner just doesn’t recognize my prints. Even when pressing and holding my thumb there. So, I turned the feature off completely. My only dislike about the phone otherwise I’m keeping it. Android 12 is beautiful!

CHILLYWILL_95831

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
I went out and bought the Pixel 6 and to be honest you need to stop reading people's opinions and go buy the darn phone. It really is that good. And when it comes to the fingerprint sensor that's a whole bunch of hype. It is not an issue. I don't get any more fails with my Google Pixel 6 than I did with my Samsung Galaxy s21 ultra. The difference between the two is that the ultra is able to read your fingerprint a little bit quicker than the Google pixel. That's really about it.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I went out and bought the Pixel 6 and to be honest you need to stop reading people's opinions and go buy the darn phone. It really is that good. And when it comes to the fingerprint sensor that's a whole bunch of hype. It is not an issue. I don't get any more fails with my Google Pixel 6 than I did with my Samsung Galaxy s21 ultra. The difference between the two is that the ultra is able to read your fingerprint a little bit quicker than the Google pixel. That's really about it.

I agree with you - after a while of review reading and videos, you gotta try it out for yourself! So glad you are liking it so far!

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I got my Pixel 6 today. So far the FPS has been very good. It's only not registered a few times, saying to hold my finger on just a little longer. I initially got worried everytime I tried to use it, but it's been working.

When I set mine up, I tried to place my thumb every which way I possibly could, LOL. That seemed to have made a difference.

Rodawg71

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
I've loaded to thumb print profiles (alternating between left and right) and my FPS works just as good as on my S21U.

dc52ltr

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
Peculiar is this... I've put my sensitivity back to normal, reset animations back to 1 from. 5 and the FPS is now really reliable, a bit faster and almost 100% accurate..

canterp

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
let me think...opening the phone...yeah, that's pretty basic....so Google is calling the poor fingerprint sensor a "feature"....Google sends out their flagship phone and it's not possible to open it quickly.....i have been using the Pixel line of phones since the beginning and also Nexus. It's 2021 and Google is promoting a phone (pixel 6) that you can't turn on with a quick fingerprint scan.. My experience after a week of Pixel 6 is that about half the time it takes more than one fingerprint scan try to open the phone....I have added my fingers twice to the fingerprint definition input and increased the sensitivity of the screen but still it's not reliable...Yeah, opening the Pixel 6 phone with a finger print scan is not reliable, often have to type in pin code...It really makes me wonder if they might have rushed this out or if they don't care about taking backward steps....Am I crazy?

canterp

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
it is unbelievable...Google 6 takes us back 5 years with respect to opening the phone. Often have to use a PIN. They know all about it, you can be sure.

hub1

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
My 6 Pro fps works great. What I did is register each finger from the tip of my finger to the first crease and from one side to the other side. Unlocks every time. Maybe I'm lucky I guess.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
calvinxander08