Who else cancelled their Google Pixel 6 Pro order?

barondebxl

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Didn't cancel mine it already shipped. Gonna use it for a few days and see if I like it, if not I'll return it. Something tells me that you'll get another one again

GoNavy79

Oct 18, 2021
Visit site
I have s21ultra and enjoy it. But I have display set on 1080 and refresh 60hz. Anything faster than that, for me, is just extra icing on the cake. I prefer a bit less icing. If my car can do 180mph it doesn't mean I have to drive it that fast.

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I just cancelled my P6 order form best buy. Not because of any perceived problems or negative reviews. I just don't see how the P6 is an "upgrade" over my current phones. S21+ and z flip 3. And I don't see the Pro as an "upgrade" to my s21+ or the upcoming S22 Ultra. I'll likely snag a P6 on Swappa when the priced drops $100 or so for a mint P6.

mwboost

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Speakers are fine. You can adjust the balance as well.
Lens flare isn't that bad.
Only thing I'm not used to is the size.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Im going do my own review when i get it and decide if i keep , the only negative thing so far is the delay in getting it .
Yes it left a sour taste but it is what it is and hopefully comes soon .

OP i would of gave it a chance , 14 days then decide what to do but at the end its your call.

atif.21.farooq

Nov 4, 2017
Visit site
Are the speakers that bad? I've got a Pro on order and I was hoping they would be good. The ones on the pixel 5 were absolute pants. I've got an S21 Ultra and iPhone 12 Pro at the moment so if the 6 Pro worked out I was going to sell the Ultra. Looks like it might be better to stick with what I've got at the moment...

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Speakers are fine. You can adjust the balance as well.
Lens flare isn't that bad.
Only thing I'm not used to is the size.

I have a couple questions if you don't mind...how well does it fit in your pocket? Jeans? Slacks? And can you sit without doing permanent damage to yourself? Sorry but I'm dying to know if the Pro is actually a pocketable phone or not lol. I'm currently running a Pixel 3XL.

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
I have a couple questions if you don't mind...how well does it fit in your pocket? Jeans? Slacks? And can you sit without doing permanent damage to yourself? Sorry but I'm dying to know if the Pro is actually a pocketable phone or not lol. I'm currently running a Pixel 3XL.

From lining up my iPhone 8 Plus against the case I got already they are about the same size. Dunno if you have ever held an iPhone 8 Plus or similar but it is around the same width and height.

anon(40376)

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Canceled my VZW 6 Pro order yesterday after watching several 6 Pro videos showing camera lens flare, no face unlock, wonky FPS, hollow speaker sound, unbalanced sounding stereo speakers, battery life equivalent to the 6 and it's wider than the S21U...so I don't want to pay top dollar for an unsatisfactory phone...so sitting this one out...staying with my trusty S21U and ZFlip3...

Lens flare; really? Try this...it's from my Nikkor 300mm f/2.8 VR Lens; used to prevent lens flare.

Qi5p3Ti.jpg

aparker2005

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Looks like I'm sending my pixel back. I'm gonna hold out for the S22. This is a great phone, but I simply much prefer the Samsung devices. Maybe I'm not giving it enough time, but that's just me.

cknobman

May 15, 2018
Visit site
I'm reading/watching from multiple outlets that the battery life on the 6 and 6 Pro is not good at all.

Close to HALF of the iPhone 13 Pro!

I'm sure the performance quirks can be ironed out via software.

SpeedTest G had the S21 14 core Mali GPU annihilate the 20 core Mali GPU in the 6 Pro so something weird is going on with software and drivers.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Majority reviews have been overwhelmingly positive, moreover I won’t base my decision on some useless you tubers, will evaluate the device myself and make my own decision. Applies to anything I buy.

The_Woo

Aug 22, 2020
Visit site
Besides we can always return it during the return window. The reviews that I'm seeing talk very positive about the camera overall.
EXACTLY!!

I got mine from Amazon, so I'll have until the end of January to make a return if I figure it's not for me....LMAO

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
EXACTLY!!

I got mine from Amazon, so I'll have until the end of January to make a return if I figure it's not for me....LMAO
But based on the reviews i highhhhhhhhly doubt returning it will even be an option for me. Speaking of which mine is out for delivery! Excited!

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
From lining up my iPhone 8 Plus against the case I got already they are about the same size. Dunno if you have ever held an iPhone 8 Plus or similar but it is around the same width and height.

Thanks Kizzy, but I've never held an iPhone 8+ so I've got nothing to go by :eek: I'm not close to a store that would have the 6 Pro on display, so I was hoping I could get an idea before I ordered one online. I might just spin the old roulette wheel and see what the delivery man brings me :p

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
What is wrong with the excellent fingerprint scanner on the back of older phones? It seems as though manufacturers are obsessed with building an under glass sensor just to say they can. I see zero advantage to a slower, more complex design.

Smokeaire01

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
What is wrong with the excellent fingerprint scanner on the back of older phones? It seems as though manufacturers are obsessed with building an under glass sensor just to say they can. I see zero advantage to a slower, more complex design.
I think glass for the back is just asking for trouble. It almost makes getting a case mandatory. I was disappointed when I first read the Pixel 6 line will have glass backs and an under screen finger print scanner. Love the back scanner on my 4a.
Oh well.