Who else cancelled their Google Pixel 6 Pro order?

GMGCPA

Aug 23, 2016
Visit site
Canceled my VZW 6 Pro order yesterday after watching several 6 Pro videos showing camera lens flare, no face unlock, wonky FPS, hollow speaker sound, unbalanced sounding stereo speakers, battery life equivalent to the 6 and it's wider than the S21U...so I don't want to pay top dollar for an unsatisfactory phone...so sitting this one out...staying with my trusty S21U and ZFlip3...

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Canceled my VZW 6 Pro order yesterday after watching several 6 Pro videos showing camera lens flare, no face unlock, wonky FPS, hollow speaker sound, unbalanced sounding stereo speakers, battery life equivalent to the 6 and it's wider than the S21U...so I don't want to pay top dollar for an unsatisfactory phone...so sitting this one out...staying with my trusty S21U and ZFlip3...
All phones have some sort of flare even the iPhone. Mine arrives tomorrow and the reviews have been extremely positive overall and that makes me excited.

Mathrania

Jul 3, 2017
Visit site
I moved from S21 Ultra. I am loving the pixel experience so far! Pixels never disappoint (except Pixel 5 with sub-par 1080p display).

bkdodger2

Jun 3, 2020
Visit site
No way I expect this phone to be excellent my only concern really right now is the fingerprint scanner which I can't even say until I test it. I like to test stuff myself and not gotta go by these early reviews it's good to get some stuff but definitely you got to try yourself. But I understand some people don't want to do it best of luck

beantownsouth

Dec 14, 2020
Visit site
All phones have some sort of flare even the iPhone. Mine arrives tomorrow and the reviews have been extremely positive overall and that makes me excited.

I kinda giggled at the his flare comment. I own over 3 grand worth of Nikon DSLR camera and lenses. Yeah, even my beast of a DSLR gets lens flare.

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
No way I expect this phone to be excellent my only concern really right now is the fingerprint scanner which I can't even say until I test it. I like to test stuff myself and not gotta go by these early reviews it's good to get some stuff but definitely you got to try yourself. But I understand some people don't want to do it best of luck
Besides we can always return it during the return window. The reviews that I'm seeing talk very positive about the camera overall.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
If the fingerprint sensor and speakers are important to you, you made a good call. You would've regretted getting rid of your S21 ultra

The other criticisms seem very hollow though.

bkdodger2

Jun 3, 2020
Visit site
Besides we can always return it during the return window. The reviews that I'm seeing talk very positive about the camera overall.
Exactly and I'm pretty sure I won't be returning it. And I agree on the lens flare as you and others mentioned. I saw a side by side where all 3 phones had flare...

bkdodger2

Jun 3, 2020
Visit site
There's definitely nothing wrong with staying with both phones you have are great... I had the Flip 3 for a little bit great device and secondary phone for me.. And excellent overall for all users.. Never tried the S21U but I'm sure good too...

Bla1ze

Community Manager
Staff member
Oct 30, 2010
Visit site

Are you basing these negatives off of reviews or first-hand experiences?

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm not canceling mine, especially not based on some reviews. The reviews are fun to watch, but can be subjective IMO.

Mathrania

Jul 3, 2017
Visit site
Most YouTubers are Apple salesman or put in that way that they work at Bestbuy and Apple pays higher commission on sales as compared to Android phones. They don't bash Apple, even if the MacBook has Notch without FaceID.

BrwnSuga3

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I'm not cancelling based on someone else's opinion. I buy what I want regardless of what other people think....my baby is coming tomorrow! #Pixel6Pro ;-)

GMGCPA

Aug 23, 2016
Visit site
Thanks all for your opinions...cancelled based on several reviews...speakers are important to me (as is face unlock/fps) as my Pixel 5a5g's speakers were tinny too despite using Wavelet (which is great btw)...

ShinyTop

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I overthought my order of the 256 Pro and decided 100 more for the 512 was better deal so canceled my initial order. Then found that the 512 was not available till late November/early December. So I reordered the 256 model and my delivery date slipped by two weeks over my initial order. Ordered the black and am encouraged by those who say it is more gray. Note that the color above the camera bump is different than the rest of the phone and that is for all colors.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Most YouTubers are Apple salesman or put in that way that they work at Bestbuy and Apple pays higher commission on sales as compared to Android phones. They don't bash Apple, even if the MacBook has Notch without FaceID.

Well, I'm not a YouTuber, and Apple and best buy have never given me a penny. So when I say the speakers are objectively mediocre and the fingerprint sensor is slow, you can take it to the bank.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1