Verizon activation problems with 6 Pro

harbinger007

Oct 21, 2021
Visit site
I'm a bit more patient than some of you here but was still looking forward to trying out my phone this evening. Instead, I spent several hours trying to figure out why it didn't activate with Verizon even though I went through the process step by step.

Initially I got an error that activation failed and to try with a stronger signal. I went outside and it seemed to activate fine, so I thought. Data works but no voice or text.

Verizon was already closed for phone calls but I chat with someone for a while who obviously was helping others at the same time and then disappeared. She had me restart phone a few times, asked me several times to make sure my old phone was off. Asked me to make sure SIM card was installed, etc. which was all done before I even started the chat. She had me try to make test calls several times, just would not work.

I imagine there is nothing I can do on my end. If I look online on my account, it shows my 6 Pro as the device for this line. I will try a voice call in the morning, at least I know I have their undivided attention.

bkdodger2

Jun 3, 2020
Visit site
I would call back Verizon and get them to have you pick up a new SIM in one of their corporate stores or mail it to you. I've seen this happen before a while ago. Hopefully maybe it's the same that needs to be replaced. Good luck!

Smokeaire01

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
I'm a bit more patient than some of you here but was still looking forward to trying out my phone this evening. Instead, I spent several hours trying to figure out why it didn't activate with Verizon even though I went through the process step by step.

Initially I got an error that activation failed and to try with a stronger signal. I went outside and it seemed to activate fine, so I thought. Data works but no voice or text.

Verizon was already closed for phone calls but I chat with someone for a while who obviously was helping others at the same time and then disappeared. She had me restart phone a few times, asked me several times to make sure my old phone was off. Asked me to make sure SIM card was installed, etc. which was all done before I even started the chat. She had me try to make test calls several times, just would not work.

I imagine there is nothing I can do on my end. If I look online on my account, it shows my 6 Pro as the device for this line. I will try a voice call in the morning, at least I know I have their undivided attention.
Why don't see if they can send you ota a esim. These Pixel phones don't need a physical sim card.

harbinger007

Oct 21, 2021
Visit site
FYI, my phone was purchased directly from Verizon and has a SIM in it. Their phone lines were closed by the time I got the phone, I will call now. I can also see if they will let me put my old SIM card in it. Right now, neither phone works.

harbinger007

Oct 21, 2021
Visit site
Okay, working now. Spent two hours on phone. First person had me restart a couple of times, etc. and then transferred me to technical support where she had me to same with no success. She also had me do a factory resent and go through activation process again, no success. She then reactivated my old phone's SIM card and had me put that in my new phone and that worked (I had suggested it earlier). First she had me confirm that phone and text messages and browsing worked and then had me do a reset and set up phone again with copying things from my old phone.

I paid $35 for activation and asked if she could waive that and she said she could not do that but I might chat later and try to get that done, though I don't think it's worth my time to bother.

ras47

Mar 21, 2021
Visit site
FYI, my phone was purchased directly from Verizon and has a SIM in it. Their phone lines were closed by the time I got the phone, I will call now. I can also see if they will let me put my old SIM card in it. Right now, neither phone works.

I thought Verizon was transitioning to e-SIMs. All new iPhones come with e-SIMs instead of physical SIM cards. On the one hand, not futzing with those tiny little cards is easier. I don't think I've ever NOT dropped one so I end up hunting around on the carpet to find it. I'm a bit ham-handed. But conversely, you lose some control over what phone you're switching to if you're one of those people with multiple devices and a constant need to swap phones. I'm one of those people. Android/iPhone/Android/iPhone. For now I'm sticking with my Pixel 5 as I contemplate getting the Pixel 6 or 6 Pro. At least the inventory shortage will keep me pondering for a bit and not just making (yet another) impulse purchase.