12-02-2021 03:43 PM
42 12
tools
    I got the device the day before lunch and I got the update but the phone is very sluggish freezing YouTube crashes all the time even though I'm a premium member and I'm supposed to be able to continue listening to YouTube when the phone is screen is off and when having a Bluetooth in my car and I hit the control buttons to call it won't respond unless I actually tap the screen of the phone which shouldn't do should I return the phone do a hard reset or go back to the s21 ultra
    martin seal likes this.
    10-30-2021 11:46 AM
    I got the device the day before lunch and I got the update but the phone is very sluggish freezing YouTube crashes all the time even though I'm a premium member and I'm supposed to be able to continue listening to YouTube when the phone is screen is off and when having a Bluetooth in my car and I hit the control buttons to call it won't respond unless I actually tap the screen of the phone which shouldn't do should I return the phone do a hard reset or go back to the s21 ultra
    First thing to do is a hard reset and take it from there.
    J Dubbs likes this.
    10-30-2021 11:50 AM
    Nothing here, snappy no issues. I didn't copy data from my pixel 5 I did a fresh setup.
    J Dubbs and lyingfromyou like this.
    10-30-2021 11:51 AM
    Nothing here, snappy no issues. I didn't copy data from my pixel 5 I did a fresh setup.
    Do you then restore your text messages at least from Google drive
    10-30-2021 11:52 AM
    Do you then restore your text messages at least from Google drive
    No I started fresh.
    10-30-2021 11:53 AM
    I just setup my new Pixel 6 this morning, and didn't copy anything from any backup. Set it up fresh and so far have no issues, this thing is like a hot knife thru butter.
    J Dubbs likes this.
    10-30-2021 12:22 PM
    I have a slight issue where the screen briefly lights up on the always on display. I have that turned off, have raise to wake off and also I don't light up the screen when new notifications arrive and yet when I slightly move my phone sometimes the screen will light up.

It was worse when I had the screen protector on, the Google tech guy suspected the screen protector was interfering with the fingerprint reader. So I have a tech issue opened with Google about it I guess we'll see. It's definitely related to the fingerprint though because if I turn that off and only use pin lock I don't have the issue.
    10-30-2021 12:30 PM
    The only real issue I have with my Pixel 6 is the AOD. There doesn't seem to be a way to turn it off. I have raise to wake turned off, but AOD comes on at the slightest vibration. If phone is on a table I can tap lightly on table and AOD lights up. On my S21ultra it is tap once for AOD, tap twice for lockscreen.
    10-30-2021 01:14 PM
    I have no issues at all. This phone feels fast no matter what I'm doing. Best phone I've ever had.
    10-30-2021 01:26 PM
    Pixel 6 here and I have seen YouTube crash on me few times listening in background (YouTube premium member as well).

Reopening YouTube again says resume play since it crashed. Didn't bother me too much as of now since thought it's just a coincidence, I'll keep an eye on if this happens more regularly.

I also did restore from pixel 5 cloud backup. Sometimes restore can create issues but don't think this is due to that. I'll see if it happens very often I may reset and start fresh without restore. Anyway it's one of my secondary phones so didn't bother me that much to look deeper.
    martin seal likes this.
    10-30-2021 01:30 PM
    The only real issue I have with my Pixel 6 is the AOD. There doesn't seem to be a way to turn it off. I have raise to wake turned off, but AOD comes on at the slightest vibration. If phone is on a table I can tap lightly on table and AOD lights up. On my S21ultra it is tap once for AOD, tap twice for lockscreen.
    Do you have AOD turned on or off? Sounds like my issue. I have it turned off completely and no raise to wake and it still comes off if I move the phone
    10-30-2021 03:23 PM
    Do you have AOD turned on or off? Sounds like my issue. I have it turned off completely and no raise to wake and it still comes off if I move the phone
    I have both "tap to check phone" and "lift to check phone" turned off, but the AOD still comes on when I tap the phone, or even when I tap the table that the phone is on.
    10-30-2021 03:31 PM
    For those having YouTube issues, the Play Store just dropped an update.
    10-30-2021 09:21 PM
    did a hard reset and started fresh updated YouTube and issue persists
    10-31-2021 01:09 AM
    Phone does not receive two factor identification texts, as if they are blocked. I receive everything else, but texts from all 4 and 5 digit numbers.
    10-31-2021 07:30 AM
    Phone does not receive two factor identification texts, as if they are blocked. I receive everything else, but texts from all 4 and 5 digit numbers.
    Which messaging app, stock Messages?
    10-31-2021 07:54 AM
    Haven't tested since receiving update last night but Maps wasn't talking in the car while on a phone call. Works normally while not on a call and toggle is on in settings.

Not sure if it's still an option but can't find Wifi assistant in settings. Used to connect to open trusted networks on my old pixel.
    10-31-2021 10:14 AM
    Go to Settings>Apps>Special App Access>Premium SMS Access​. Is your messages app shown there?
    10-31-2021 12:31 PM
    No, my messages app is not shown there.
    It's the stock messages app.
    10-31-2021 12:47 PM
    And there are no settings in the stock messages app about Premium SMS (aka short-code messages)? Have you checked with your carrier to see if this might be blocked on a carrier level? If so, they should be able to reactivate it.
    10-31-2021 12:50 PM
    I've received two-step verifications on my phone with no issues. I'm on Verizon, unlocked phone from Google store. Maybe something with the carrier settings?
    10-31-2021 01:01 PM
    Have you tried sending a sms to the five digit number? Go to messages and start a message using the five digits of the sender for the address; then in the subject type STOP. If it is active you will receive an automated message saying you can resume the IDs again by typing (usually) START.

I had to do this with my wells fargo account when I switched to the 4XL, have not had to do it with the updates and even this last update I did not bring my backup SMS to the phone after 12 was loaded. But WF was able to send the code with no problem.

Worth a try.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    10-31-2021 02:18 PM
    Wait a minute. Are you on Verizon? Is it an unlocked P6 from Google or a Verizon P6 from Google. Either way it's CDMA less and you need to call Verizon to have them configure it CDMA less. It sound like the same issue as a Pixel 5a on Verizon. Some text worked on my wifes P5a others didn't until they configured it as a CDMA less phone.

I see no CDMA listed at all on either P6 phones in Googles spec sheet.
    anyone having pixel 6 issues-screenshot-2021-10-31-15-33-38.png
    B. Diddy likes this.
    10-31-2021 02:37 PM
    I have both "tap to check phone" and "lift to check phone" turned off, but the AOD still comes on when I tap the phone, or even when I tap the table that the phone is on.
    Good to know I'm not the only one then. AOD just randomly comes on if I either move the phone, or pick it up etc. So strange. Hopefully it's software fixable.
    11-01-2021 07:43 AM
    I had issues with the gestures where it wouldn't respond when swiping up to go home and when I would swipe up and hold it would only show the app I was currently using. Being so annoyed with it I switched to the 3 buttons instead. After about a day I changed back to gestures and it's been working flawlessly. Still haven't figured out what happened, but at least it stopped so all is good.
    GoNavy79 and barondebxl like this.
    11-01-2021 09:00 AM
42 12