What case are you getting for your Pixel 6?

jhilker

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I ended up choosing the Pixel 6 case from Google. I had a $10 coupon from Best Buy, so it brought it close to the prices for other cases I was considering ($20). They only had Stormy Sky, but I just noticed they have an open box of the Light Rain, so I've ordered that, and will return the Stormy Sky when it arrives.

It fits very nicely, provides a good protection for the edge of the screen. It's a much better grip for me. The glass felt so slippery to me, made me very nervous for the 3 days I went naked.

Wireless charging works fine with the case on, and the buttons work fine, too. I like that there's a lip on the top and bottom edges of the camera block to protect it. All in all, a good case!

66c499eac83465f48a7ac4df354dc02c.jpg

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Really? Why? Do you just prefer the lighter weight?

They are both very light (my S21 ultra is in a mous limitless).

The Bellroy is pretty nice quality, but overpriced and the entire bottom is open... Not good in my opinion.

The Google one just isn't very nice. Looks and feels like something that cost £5 from eBay.

Maljunulo

Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
I have the bellroy case.

The phone now weighs 230 gm instead of 205 gm, and feels noticeably wider in the hand. You can also feel the additional 25 gm.

I generally do not like phone cases, but since the Pixel 6 is so slippery with dry hands, I gave in.

It is a nice case, with a microfiber interior, good buttons, and what appears to be good leather.

The phone is no longer dangerously slippery.

If you are cheap, careless and clumsy, and are always dropping your expensive phone, you won't like it and should look elsewhere.

lcs101

Nov 18, 2016
Visit site

The Bellroy is pretty nice quality, but overpriced and the entire bottom is open... Not good in my opinion.

The Google one just isn't very nice. Looks and feels like something that cost £5 from eBay.

Feels really slippery to me as well.

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site

The Bellroy is open on the bottom for the Pixel 6, and I agree that's a questionable design decision; The Pixel 6 Pro however does have full encasement on all sides.

GoNavy79

Oct 18, 2021
Visit site

The Google case feels yucky. I think it's made from recycled condoms.

GoNavy79

Oct 18, 2021
Visit site
Today I got my Spigen liquid air, which I like. Also got the Bellroy leather. The lower 2 inches of the screen are way above the case. Can't place the phone face down. A serious defect which renders the case unusable. Of all the cases I have ever bought Bellroy is by far the worst.

Last edited:

Maljunulo

Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
Today I got my Spigen liquid air, which I like. Also got the Bellroy leather. The lower 2 inches of the screen are way above the case. Can't place the phone face down. A serious defect which renders the case unusable. Of all the cases I have ever bought this is by far the worst.

Which case are you talking about, that you say is "the worst"?

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I believe I stated my reasons in my post.

Are you using the Pixel 6 or the Pixel 6 Pro? From what I've seen, the Bellroy case for the Pixel 6 has no coverage on the bottom edge of the phone, whereas the Bellroy case for the Pixel 6 Pro has full coverage. I can certainly understand where people would be disappointed with the former.

GoNavy79

Oct 18, 2021
Visit site
I have the Pixel 6. Correct, the bottom has no coverage except for the corners which are supposed to be raised above screen level. On my case the screen is way above the corners. An obvious defect. Bellroy has already been notified.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I have the Pixel 6. Correct, the bottom has no coverage except for the corners which are supposed to be raised above screen level. On my case the screen is way above the corners. An obvious defect. Bellroy has already been notified.

My screen sits flush pretty much. It's my first Bellroy case, and also my last.

Absolute piece of Something that Here, I can't Type!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey