11-23-2021 10:16 PM
28 12
tools
    I ended up choosing the Pixel 6 case from Google. I had a $10 coupon from Best Buy, so it brought it close to the prices for other cases I was considering ($20). They only had Stormy Sky, but I just noticed they have an open box of the Light Rain, so I've ordered that, and will return the Stormy Sky when it arrives.

It fits very nicely, provides a good protection for the edge of the screen. It's a much better grip for me. The glass felt so slippery to me, made me very nervous for the 3 days I went naked.

Wireless charging works fine with the case on, and the buttons work fine, too. I like that there's a lip on the top and bottom edges of the camera block to protect it. All in all, a good case!

Ben_70 likes this.
    11-09-2021 01:22 PM
    I've got the Google case and the Bellroy leather.

I'd recommend against both lol.
    11-09-2021 01:29 PM
    I've got the Google case and the Bellroy leather.

I'd recommend against both lol.
    Really? Why? Do you just prefer the lighter weight?
    11-09-2021 01:31 PM
    Really? Why? Do you just prefer the lighter weight?
    They are both very light (my S21 ultra is in a mous limitless).

The Bellroy is pretty nice quality, but overpriced and the entire bottom is open... Not good in my opinion.

The Google one just isn't very nice. Looks and feels like something that cost £5 from eBay.
    11-09-2021 01:44 PM
    I have the bellroy case.

The phone now weighs 230 gm instead of 205 gm, and feels noticeably wider in the hand. You can also feel the additional 25 gm.

I generally do not like phone cases, but since the Pixel 6 is so slippery with dry hands, I gave in.

It is a nice case, with a microfiber interior, good buttons, and what appears to be good leather.

The phone is no longer dangerously slippery.

If you are cheap, careless and clumsy, and are always dropping your expensive phone, you won't like it and should look elsewhere.
    11-09-2021 04:15 PM
    I got Gear4 Havana clear case for both the Pixel 6 Pro and Pixel 6.
    11-09-2021 04:34 PM

The Bellroy is pretty nice quality, but overpriced and the entire bottom is open... Not good in my opinion.

The Google one just isn't very nice. Looks and feels like something that cost £5 from eBay.
    Feels really slippery to me as well.
    11-09-2021 05:27 PM
    Feels really slippery to me as well.
    The Google one definitely is very slippery. Pretty much friction free.

And the Bellroy's 2-star rating on Amazon says it all, terrible design.
    11-09-2021 05:36 PM

The Bellroy is open on the bottom for the Pixel 6, and I agree that's a questionable design decision; The Pixel 6 Pro however does have full encasement on all sides.
    11-09-2021 06:28 PM

The Google case feels yucky. I think it's made from recycled condoms.
    11-09-2021 07:45 PM
    Today I got my Spigen liquid air, which I like. Also got the Bellroy leather. The lower 2 inches of the screen are way above the case. Can't place the phone face down. A serious defect which renders the case unusable. Of all the cases I have ever bought Bellroy is by far the worst.
    fuzzylumpkin likes this.
    11-10-2021 12:58 PM
    Today I got my Spigen liquid air, which I like. Also got the Bellroy leather. The lower 2 inches of the screen are way above the case. Can't place the phone face down. A serious defect which renders the case unusable. Of all the cases I have ever bought this is by far the worst.
    Which case are you talking about, that you say is "the worst"?
    11-10-2021 03:19 PM
    I said I like the Spigen. The Bellroy is the worst.
    fuzzylumpkin likes this.
    11-10-2021 03:48 PM
    I said I like the Spigen. The Bellroy is the worst.
    In what way?

Not pinging on you, I am interested in your reasons for saying that.
    11-10-2021 06:29 PM
    In what way?

Not pinging on you, I am interested in your reasons for saying that.
    I believe I stated my reasons in my post.
    fuzzylumpkin likes this.
    11-10-2021 07:16 PM
    I believe I stated my reasons in my post.
    Are you using the Pixel 6 or the Pixel 6 Pro? From what I've seen, the Bellroy case for the Pixel 6 has no coverage on the bottom edge of the phone, whereas the Bellroy case for the Pixel 6 Pro has full coverage. I can certainly understand where people would be disappointed with the former.
    11-10-2021 08:06 PM
    I have the Pixel 6. Correct, the bottom has no coverage except for the corners which are supposed to be raised above screen level. On my case the screen is way above the corners. An obvious defect. Bellroy has already been notified.
    11-10-2021 08:18 PM
    I have the Pixel 6. Correct, the bottom has no coverage except for the corners which are supposed to be raised above screen level. On my case the screen is way above the corners. An obvious defect. Bellroy has already been notified.
    My screen sits flush pretty much. It's my first Bellroy case, and also my last.

Absolute piece of Something that Here, I can't Type!
    11-10-2021 08:47 PM
    My screen sits flush pretty much. It's my first Bellroy case, and also my last.

Absolute piece of Something that Here, I can't Type!
    I totally agree. $50 for a POS case. This $15 Spigen liquid air that's on my p6 right now is great. Smellroy can kiss my donkey.
    11-10-2021 08:57 PM
    Here's a picture of my Pixel 6 and the Gear4 Havana frosted case.What case are you getting for your Pixel 6?-223525608.jpg
    Jharperr16 likes this.
    11-10-2021 10:42 PM
    I picked up a tech 21 case today while waiting for the Google official case which has been two days behind in shipping delays.. and so far so good. I even picked up a cheaper TPU case made by T-Mobiles brand ToGo to show off the seafoam green color and I like them both a lot. I prefer the tech 21, it feels better in the hand imo. But it's nice to have a case to show off the color.
    11-11-2021 01:54 AM
    I purchased a clear Case Mate case at Verizon while waiting to order my Pixel 6. (I had a clear Speck case for my P2, which stayed clear for 4 years, but they're not making them for the Pixel 6's.) I was planning to order the Coral phone, but it turned out to be unavailable, so I got the seafoam. It shows up real nice in the Case Mate case, which will protect it from a 10' fall (if I remember correctly). It has raised edges all around to protect the screen and cameras, and is SLIGHTLY thicker in the corners.
    11-11-2021 10:32 PM
    I'm on my 3rd case for my Pro and am now in love with the Spigen Liquid Air Armor:

Spigen Liquid Air Armor Designed for Google Pixel 6 Pro Case (2021) - Matte Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0964H8HVY...cUvbUpU7005837

perfect fit. light. really well designed IMHO
    11-12-2021 10:50 PM
    I'm on my 3rd case for my Pro and am now in love with the Spigen Liquid Air Armor:

Spigen Liquid Air Armor Designed for Google Pixel 6 Pro Case (2021) - Matte Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0964H8HVY...cUvbUpU7005939

perfect fit. light. really well designed IMHO
    Just got the (regular) 6 version in the mail. While I like that it's a little thinner than the others I'm deciding between (Spigen Ultra Hybrid and Ringke Fusion), I'm thinking it might be a bit too slippery for me. The other two, which are both clear, seem to have more grip to them.
    11-13-2021 08:08 AM
    A few days ago I received the Bellroy leather case for P6, and I mentioned in a post that the case was defective because it wouldn't fit the phone properly. The bottom corners of the screen were above the case. I sent pics to Bellroy and they replied that the case had a defect, and gave me a choice of a refund or a replacement. I chose replacement, and it should ship in 6 days.
    jhilker likes this.
    11-16-2021 07:11 PM
28 12