Faster finger print sensor since new Nov update

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys I received the new mid November update on my pixel 6 pro like a lot of the other users and I notice my finger print sensor is much faster. Can someone that has received the update check theirs and try to confirm?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm one of those weirdos who never thought the FPS on my 6 Pro was ever slow by any measure, so I'm probably not the best person to judge.:p But I'll pay closer attention and see if things seem even quicker!

bkeaver

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I didn't know if it was placebo or not, plus I too didn't have an issue with it before but I do agree that it's a little quicker.

bkeaver

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
@swampbaby Again the update that they are referring to is not the November security update we got at the end of October, this was a 14mb update pushed yesterday. Most people are not getting an alert for this, they have to manually check.

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
I'm also one of those people that has not had an issue with my FPS, and never really thought it was slow. But I just opened my bank app and entered my fingerprint. Maybe it's placebo from reading this thread first, but it did seem a little faster to read. In any case it's good to see Google take user feedback serious and push out an update so quickly.

bkrickles

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Just updated my Verizon carrier 6 pro and the FPS is definitely faster. No placebo here.
I'll continue to check it out today.
I did not have much of an issue as the FPS was very similar to the one on my 1+ 8Pro and while it was a little slow, it worked almost every time.

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
The part I'm noticing is not the reliability that was never an issue. It's the amount of time I need to hold my finger down. That's the part that got improved. Overall glad Google is listening to feedback. An improvement is an improvement in my book regardless if it was fine before.

lcs101

Nov 18, 2016
Visit site
It still doesn't love my right thumb. It's both more reliable and quicker with my left thumb and two index fingers. It's strange.

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
It still doesn't love my right thumb. It's both more reliable and quicker with my left thumb and two index fingers. It's strange.
Then I recommend rescanning it. I did my thumb 3x and made sure it capture all angles like the sides etc.

lcs101

Nov 18, 2016
Visit site
Then I recommend rescanning it. I did my thumb 3x and made sure it capture all angles like the sides etc.

I've deleted and rescanned a few times including using two finger prints for the thumb, but not three. I like to be able to use both my pointers and my other thumb, so not a spot of the third. It's just weird how it's so much better with my other thumb and pointer fingers.

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
I've deleted and rescanned a few times including using two finger prints for the thumb, but not three. I like to be able to use both my pointers and my other thumb, so not a spot of the third. It's just weird how it's so much better with my other thumb and pointer fingers.
Literally works for me almost every time even before the update. Hope you can get it all sorted out.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Unknown