Will a Pixel branded fast charger charge the phone faster?

Lyphe 416

Dec 15, 2020
Visit site
Hi all,

I have a Samsung fast charger from my S20 that was fantastic when charging my S20, and I'm trying to figure out if I should be swapping it for a Google/Pixel branded fast charger.

Does anyone know if there is anything special about a Google/Pixel branded fast charger that would make charging my new Pixel faster than if I was using my old S20 chargers?

Thx if you can assist and cheers!

bkdodger2

Jun 3, 2020
Visit site
I think it will be fine and maybe just charge a little bit slower than the official stand. But if you have a good wireless charger, I don't think upgrading should be a priority

" Placing the Pixel 6 or Pixel 6 Pro on a Qi charger, both phones refuel at up to 12W. Similar to previous Pixels, the charger must have an EPP (Extended Power Profile) rating to achieve the full 12W performance. The Pixel 6 handsets still work with non-EPP wireless chargers, but the speeds are slower.

If someone has a Pixel 6 and wants the best wireless charging experience, Google Pixel 2nd Gen Stand Designed with the Pixel 6 phones in mind, the Pixel Stand (2nd Gen) delivers the fastest possible wireless charging the phones are capable of. When placed on the Pixel Stand, the regular Pixel 6 wirelessly charges up to 21W. The Pixel 6 Pro is even more impressive with a 23W charging speed. "

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
I think it will be fine and maybe just charge a little bit slower than the official stand. But if you have a good wireless charger, I don't think upgrading should be a priority

" Placing the Pixel 6 or Pixel 6 Pro on a Qi charger, both phones refuel at up to 12W. Similar to previous Pixels, the charger must have an EPP (Extended Power Profile) rating to achieve the full 12W performance. The Pixel 6 handsets still work with non-EPP wireless chargers, but the speeds are slower.

If someone has a Pixel 6 and wants the best wireless charging experience, Google Pixel 2nd Gen Stand Designed with the Pixel 6 phones in mind, the Pixel Stand (2nd Gen) delivers the fastest possible wireless charging the phones are capable of. When placed on the Pixel Stand, the regular Pixel 6 wirelessly charges up to 21W. The Pixel 6 Pro is even more impressive with a 23W charging speed. "
I think the OP is talking about wired charging.

As long as your Samsung charging brick is compliant with Power Delivery PPS version 3 it will charge the phone to its maximum speed. It turns out the Pixel 6 actually charges at a peak wattage of 21W and the Pixel 6 Pro is 23W. So a 25W charger should get the best speeds. Allegedly, I say with caution. Please don't quote me on this information. It is what I have read in various articles.

bkdodger2

Jun 3, 2020
Visit site
I think the OP is talking about wired charging.

As long as your Samsung charging brick is compliant with Power Delivery PPS version 3 it will charge the phone to its maximum speed. It turns out the Pixel 6 actually charges at a peak wattage of 21W and the Pixel 6 Pro is 23W. So a 25W charger should get the best speeds. Allegedly, I say with caution. Please don't quote me on this information. It is what I have read in various articles.
Ah crap I misread ..ha okay thanks

richardodn

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Modern chargers are a bit more complicated than old school chargers. The device and charger negotiate charging rates up to what the charger can deliver. Power Delivery (PD) PPS v3 is the latest PD specification and is supported by the Pixel 6 phones. If this is your charger, https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...dapter-black-ep-ta800nbegus%2F&token=2U_LqjOA then it's also PD PPS v3 compliant. Don't forget the phone is in charge of the charge rates and it won't ask for anything more than 21W/23W. You won't notice any appreciable difference between the Google and Samsung chargers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech