Messaging app

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Does anyone recommend a 3rd party app outside of Messages that comes on the Pixel 6? I had downloaded (Textra) but stopped getting messages and it nightmare! But I hate the stock Messages app

lcs101

Nov 18, 2016
Visit site
I don't like that I can't use the keyboard to send a message.
And Textra is a great messaging app.

Textra used to be my go-to messaging app, but then it started to give problems sending and receiving unless I had nearly full bars. Switched over to google's Messages, and haven't had same issue.

blueyestm

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Yaata is an option to but I had to move to Signal due to not being able to send multi part messages. Both Yaata and signal let you send with enter. That's a huge deal for me too. Especially since I'm still on my Key2

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
You cannot send a message with the enter key on your keyboard

OK, if a texting app sends messages by using the enter key on your keyboard how is it possible to send a message consisting of more than one paragraph? Because if every time you tap the enter key you send a text, aren't all of your texts going to be one paragraph? And if your texts are more than a few sentences long, won't they be one giant block of text?

I don't see why sending via the enter key is an advantage. What am I missing?

anon(40376)

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
You cannot send a message with the enter key on your keyboard

Send key is just above the keyboard.

WkxKuDG.jpg

Last edited:

Chex313

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I am an old man and even I don't understand why folks don't text with their voice and say send. Why use the keyboard unless your in a church or a meeting? The speech recognition is great.

bkeaver

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I am an old man and even I don't understand why folks don't text with their voice and say send. Why use the keyboard unless your in a church or a meeting? The speech recognition is great.
Because maybe your conversations aren't everyone else's business. Just because something works great doesn't mean it is good for all scenarios.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21