Scrolling screenshots....

swampbaby

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
Man I wish EVERY screenshot I took had the option to do scrolling screenshots. It's super frustrating that I have to be JUST RIGHT on a page for the feature to work.

srvctec

May 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm getting mixed results with it but was excited to see it in A12. I'm coming from a Note 8 that had the feature because of Samsung including it in their version. I used it ALL THE TIME and absolutely loved it. The one on my P6P is a bit disappointing because it doesn't always give me the option to capture more with my biggest complaint being that it doesn't capture very long of a shot compared to the one on my Note 8. That on would scroll seemingly forever and capture it all, on any screen on my phone.

Hopefully Google will update the feature and make it more reliable and add longer shots as well.

hannsoft

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm getting mixed results with it but was excited to see it in A12. I'm coming from a Note 8 that had the feature because of Samsung including it in their version. I used it ALL THE TIME and absolutely loved it. The one on my P6P is a bit disappointing because it doesn't always give me the option to capture more with my biggest complaint being that it doesn't capture very long of a shot compared to the one on my Note 8. That on would scroll seemingly forever and capture it all, on any screen on my phone.

Hopefully Google will update the feature and make it more reliable and add longer shots as well.
There are a BUNCH of fixes I hope they'll do to 12

srvctec

May 29, 2011
Visit site
Here's another nag I have with this feature which never was an issue on my Samsung Note 8 because they got it right 4 years ago.

If you do a screenshot, and then choose to capture more, it saves the initial small screenshot image and then adds another long one. Makes no sense at all and just wastes space. So then, I have to weed through the screenshots I saved and figure out which ones are the actual long ones I wanted saved and which are the small ones I didn't want saved. Seems like common sense to me that it wouldn't save 2 but what do I know.

swampbaby

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site

Same thoughts here, would be nice if EVERY screenshot had the "capture more" option.

MyEyeCaptain

Oct 1, 2021
Visit site
OP I did not realize that the AI weighs in on the decision to give the option to take a scrolling screenshot. I saw the option for a scrolling screenshot the other day and thought it was just a behind the scenes feature drop lol. Why wouldn't Google just leave the option there all the damn time?

swampbaby

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
OP I did not realize that the AI weighs in on the decision to give the option to take a scrolling screenshot. I saw the option for a scrolling screenshot the other day and thought it was just a behind the scenes feature drop lol. Why wouldn't Google just leave the option there all the damn time?

Thats what I'd like to know also!

srvctec

May 29, 2011
Visit site
OK, this scrolling screenshot (or longshot) fail is frickin' driving me nuts! Since my Note 8 had it built into Samsung's UI, I used it ALL THE TIME for webpages, online orders, UI info backup and lots of other stuff, for 4 whole years and it ALWAYS worked. Not having a reliable way to consistently take a long screenshot on my P6P is making me look for other apps but they all seem to have their own issues.

I REALLY hope this gets fixed in a update soon!

hannsoft

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
OK, this scrolling screenshot (or longshot) fail is frickin' driving me nuts! Since my Note 8 had it built into Samsung's UI, I used it ALL THE TIME for webpages, online orders, UI info backup and lots of other stuff, for 4 whole years and it ALWAYS worked. Not having a reliable way to consistently take a long screenshot on my P6P is making me look for other apps but they all seem to have their own issues.

I REALLY hope this gets fixed in a update soon!
I think it's a fake feature.

Beachboy63

Nov 28, 2017
Visit site
Using a Pixel 6, is anyone able to capture a screenshot greater in length than that originally shown? In other words, if I take a screenshot, I get the option to capture more of the webpage and I'm able to pull down as far as the image is displayed on my screen but no more. On my S21U, I'm able to keep capturing more and more of the webpage until I've saved a very long screenshot. I can't seem to do the same on my P6P. Am I missing something? Thanks!

srvctec

May 29, 2011
Visit site
Using a Pixel 6, is anyone able to capture a screenshot greater in length than that originally shown? In other words, if I take a screenshot, I get the option to capture more of the webpage and I'm able to pull down as far as the image is displayed on my screen but no more. On my S21U, I'm able to keep capturing more and more of the webpage until I've saved a very long screenshot. I can't seem to do the same on my P6P. Am I missing something? Thanks!

Nope, you're not missing anything. I came from my Note 8 of 4 years and absolutely loved Samsung's built in long screenshot feature. That's why we can't do it on our new Pixels, because Samsung had their own thing and now it's half-baked into Android.

Hopefully, Google will eventually get it right but who knows.

Beachboy63

Nov 28, 2017
Visit site
Nope, you're not missing anything. I came from my Note 8 of 4 years and absolutely loved Samsung's built in long screenshot feature. That's why we can't do it on our new Pixels, because Samsung had their own thing and now it's half-baked into Android.

Hopefully, Google will eventually get it right but who knows.
Gotcha. Thanks for the info.