01-24-2022 02:44 PM
33 12
tools
    Man I wish EVERY screenshot I took had the option to do scrolling screenshots. It's super frustrating that I have to be JUST RIGHT on a page for the feature to work.
    11-20-2021 08:59 AM
    I've heard of this new 12 feature but have no idea how to do it.
    11-20-2021 09:10 AM
    I've heard of this new 12 feature but have no idea how to do it.
    https://www.tomsguide.com/how-to/how...-in-android-12

Does NOT work for me like 99% of the time. Frustrating bc not ALL apps support it or you have to be JUST RIGHT on the page for the "capture more" to appear.
    mustang8918 likes this.
    11-20-2021 09:16 AM
    https://www.tomsguide.com/how-to/how...-in-android-12

Does NOT work for me like 99% of the time
    Thanks. I've just tried it on multiple long screens - doesn't appear as an option.

Android 12 might be the buggiest release I've seen them do in years.
    I Can Be Your Hero likes this.
    11-20-2021 09:18 AM
    Thanks. I've just tried it on multiple long screens - doesn't appear as an option.

Android 12 might be the buggiest release I've seen them do in years.
    https://imgur.com/H2wJq3q the browser is Chrome
    11-20-2021 09:25 AM
    https://imgur.com/H2wJq3q the browser is Chrome
    Thanks. Doesn't work here.
    11-20-2021 09:26 AM
    Its super annoying
    11-20-2021 09:28 AM
    Its super annoying
    I watched YouTube videos during the beta of it being used on the settings screen(s). Can't do it here.
    11-20-2021 09:30 AM
    Hasn't shown up as a choice once for me.
    hannsoft likes this.
    11-20-2021 01:12 PM
    I'm getting mixed results with it but was excited to see it in A12. I'm coming from a Note 8 that had the feature because of Samsung including it in their version. I used it ALL THE TIME and absolutely loved it. The one on my P6P is a bit disappointing because it doesn't always give me the option to capture more with my biggest complaint being that it doesn't capture very long of a shot compared to the one on my Note 8. That on would scroll seemingly forever and capture it all, on any screen on my phone.

Hopefully Google will update the feature and make it more reliable and add longer shots as well.
    11-20-2021 03:29 PM
    I'm getting mixed results with it but was excited to see it in A12. I'm coming from a Note 8 that had the feature because of Samsung including it in their version. I used it ALL THE TIME and absolutely loved it. The one on my P6P is a bit disappointing because it doesn't always give me the option to capture more with my biggest complaint being that it doesn't capture very long of a shot compared to the one on my Note 8. That on would scroll seemingly forever and capture it all, on any screen on my phone.

Hopefully Google will update the feature and make it more reliable and add longer shots as well.
    There are a BUNCH of fixes I hope they'll do to 12
    srvctec likes this.
    11-20-2021 07:12 PM
    Here's another nag I have with this feature which never was an issue on my Samsung Note 8 because they got it right 4 years ago.

If you do a screenshot, and then choose to capture more, it saves the initial small screenshot image and then adds another long one. Makes no sense at all and just wastes space. So then, I have to weed through the screenshots I saved and figure out which ones are the actual long ones I wanted saved and which are the small ones I didn't want saved. Seems like common sense to me that it wouldn't save 2 but what do I know.
    11-21-2021 11:23 AM

Same thoughts here, would be nice if EVERY screenshot had the "capture more" option.
    srvctec likes this.
    11-21-2021 11:29 AM
    OP I did not realize that the AI weighs in on the decision to give the option to take a scrolling screenshot. I saw the option for a scrolling screenshot the other day and thought it was just a behind the scenes feature drop lol. Why wouldn't Google just leave the option there all the damn time?
    11-21-2021 07:10 PM
    OP I did not realize that the AI weighs in on the decision to give the option to take a scrolling screenshot. I saw the option for a scrolling screenshot the other day and thought it was just a behind the scenes feature drop lol. Why wouldn't Google just leave the option there all the damn time?
    Thats what I'd like to know also!
    11-23-2021 05:45 AM
    OK, this scrolling screenshot (or longshot) fail is frickin' driving me nuts! Since my Note 8 had it built into Samsung's UI, I used it ALL THE TIME for webpages, online orders, UI info backup and lots of other stuff, for 4 whole years and it ALWAYS worked. Not having a reliable way to consistently take a long screenshot on my P6P is making me look for other apps but they all seem to have their own issues.

I REALLY hope this gets fixed in a update soon!
    12-29-2021 04:52 PM
    OK, this scrolling screenshot (or longshot) fail is frickin' driving me nuts! Since my Note 8 had it built into Samsung's UI, I used it ALL THE TIME for webpages, online orders, UI info backup and lots of other stuff, for 4 whole years and it ALWAYS worked. Not having a reliable way to consistently take a long screenshot on my P6P is making me look for other apps but they all seem to have their own issues.

I REALLY hope this gets fixed in a update soon!
    I think it's a fake feature.
    srvctec likes this.
    12-29-2021 06:04 PM
    Using a Pixel 6, is anyone able to capture a screenshot greater in length than that originally shown? In other words, if I take a screenshot, I get the option to capture more of the webpage and I'm able to pull down as far as the image is displayed on my screen but no more. On my S21U, I'm able to keep capturing more and more of the webpage until I've saved a very long screenshot. I can't seem to do the same on my P6P. Am I missing something? Thanks!
    01-24-2022 10:44 AM
    Using a Pixel 6, is anyone able to capture a screenshot greater in length than that originally shown? In other words, if I take a screenshot, I get the option to capture more of the webpage and I'm able to pull down as far as the image is displayed on my screen but no more. On my S21U, I'm able to keep capturing more and more of the webpage until I've saved a very long screenshot. I can't seem to do the same on my P6P. Am I missing something? Thanks!
    Nope, you're not missing anything. I came from my Note 8 of 4 years and absolutely loved Samsung's built in long screenshot feature. That's why we can't do it on our new Pixels, because Samsung had their own thing and now it's half-baked into Android.

Hopefully, Google will eventually get it right but who knows.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-24-2022 12:44 PM
    Nope, you're not missing anything. I came from my Note 8 of 4 years and absolutely loved Samsung's built in long screenshot feature. That's why we can't do it on our new Pixels, because Samsung had their own thing and now it's half-baked into Android.

Hopefully, Google will eventually get it right but who knows.
    Gotcha. Thanks for the info.
    01-24-2022 12:46 PM
    not quite sure I understand the issue and never tried before but I just did a screen shot of Fox News using power/volume down button. At the bottom I get a "capture more" option. If I click on that I get screen where I can drag down to highlight the entire long article and ads. It then gives me an option to save. I then go into my screenshot folder and I can zoom in to see larger text and it also gives me the option to use lens to search. Is this what you guys are talking about?

Best... Steve
    01-24-2022 01:44 PM
    not quite sure I understand the issue and never tried before but I just did a screen shot of Fox News using power/volume down button. At the bottom I get a "capture more" option. If I click on that I get screen where I can drag down to highlight the entire long article and ads. It then gives me an option to save. I then go into my screenshot folder and I can zoom in to see larger text and it also gives me the option to use lens to search. Is this what you guys are talking about?

Best... Steve
    I am able to do the same thing. But, I'm only able to capture the screenshot to the extent it appears on my screen, if that makes sense. If the webpage is longer than that, I'm unable to continue to capture the rest of the webpage using this tool. I'm probably not doing a good job of explaining this.
    01-24-2022 01:57 PM
    I am able to do the same thing. But, I'm only able to capture the screenshot to the extent it appears on my screen, if that makes sense. If the webpage is longer than that, I'm unable to continue to capture the rest of the webpage using this tool. I'm probably not doing a good job of explaining this.
    Are doing screenshot from recent app or article in web page then screenshot? The recent app way i cant scroll more
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-24-2022 01:59 PM
    Are doing screenshot from recent app or article in web page then screenshot? The recent app way i cant scroll more
    I'm in the middle of a lengthy article and am trying to capture 3 or 4 pages as a screenshot to share. When I take a screenshot on my P6P, I'm only able to capture a maximum of about a page of what I'm trying to copy...I can only scroll down so far and it stops. When I do the same thing using my S21U, same article, I'm able to hit the capture button over and over to capture as much of the article as I want so that the screenshot is as long as I want it to be. I don't seem to be about to do the same with the Pixel. It's not a big deal but thought I'd ask here in case I was just missing something obvious.
    01-24-2022 02:07 PM
    This what I got when I did the screen capture with the "more" option.
    Scrolling screenshots....-screen-shot.jpg
    01-24-2022 02:13 PM
33 12