What do you guys and gals think is the most underrated feature about both Android 12 and Pixel 6/Pro

anthonium

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
The icons on the notification bar indicating current time on call, and if your mic and cam are being accessed. There really is so much more that is software experience based that is taken for granted. I feel too much focus is given to cameras when a device is released.

One thing I still can't say I like are the big blocks on the notification bar when pulled down and the way you have to go into internet and click on wifi to toggle on/off. I prefer the old look and functionality. These are minor grievances though.

cert15z

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Hold for Me is my absolute favorite new feature. I hate being put on hold for an extended period of time.

anon(40376)

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Hold for Me is my absolute favorite new feature. I hate being put on hold for an extended period of time.

Hold for me is not new to android 12 or Pixel 6! First released late 2020 (Sept?) on pixel 5 a couple months later for other pixels. I used it a lot beginning of the year.

Last edited:

Smokeaire01

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
I can't find it :(
In phone settings. Attachment.
614421e0c6ac75f081f5de66cb3097bd.jpg

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Now playing is a pretty subtle feature, but nice to have as I'm always curious of a song playing that I've never heard. I like that you don't have to activate it to use it you literally wake up your phone and it instantly displays what is playing(I know it's listening for other things) but it is just better than using a 3rd party app to search what you're listening to.

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
I love that call screening has finally come to the UK. I love the big bold quick settings buttons. Is better for my hands and for my mum with poor eyesight it is brilliant as she can see what each button is for. I think the new Android 12 style is very accessible for more people.

I love the theming and how fast the 6 is. One app I used on my S10+ was so slow and now it fairly whips along on my 6 pro.

I like magic eraser and I like the screen quality on my 6 pro. Very premium phone and well worth £849.

Aflaaaak

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
Now playing is a pretty subtle feature, but nice to have as I'm always curious of a song playing that I've never heard. I like that you don't have to activate it to use it you literally wake up your phone and it instantly displays what is playing(I know it's listening for other things) but it is just better than using a 3rd party app to search what you're listening to.

Sounds awesome! I have Sound Hound on my LG but not convenient to fumble for it when I'm driving and something comes on the radio.